ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

@akira1364 Ah yes, I bet it helped indeed. Well for me it was already on a NVMe, the 970 Evo one, so... I wasn't that I guess. But yeah in the end we fixed it, it was fixable.

For Far Cry 6 except those textures, I have stuttering every time I loot, there is a topic about that, people encounter that too... Performance is quite good I would say, I wasn't hoping for more or less. But those stutters (that I can live with) and the blurry textures are ruining the experience. And good for you if you can enjoy those recent games with your GPU, kinda crazy for a GTX 1660 Ti ! Enjoy those games as much as you can !

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@friteusebelge 1080P at good framerates with fairly high settings isn't really crazy at all for a GTX 1660 Ti honestly... it's a GPU that only came out in 2019, and was known for providing quite a solid amount of performance for what it cost at release. I get framerates that are very often pretty significantly better than those of any GTX 980 Ti or GTX 1070 benchmark results I look at even running at stock speeds, for example, and then anywhere from 10 - 15 more FPS on top of that with the +150MHz core / +1000MHz memory overclock I typically run on the card.

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts
    Conducted tests on cards rtx 3070ti, 3080, 3080ti, rx 6700, rx6800xt everywhere this problem is present, only in the case of amd
    showed itself much later (1-2 hours of play). In the case of nvidia, the problem manifests itself the first time you teleport to the hub or change items of clothing.
    For the purity of the experiment, the hd and dxr textures are disabled. Render resolution 1440 and 2160.
    Rolling back the drivers also does not solve the problem, but only postpones it for an extra 30-40 minutes.
    So gentlemen, the problem is with any card or even AMD

-------------------- @Ubi-Borealis read all of this! -------------------------------------

Hey @xLeeN4x , can you please test if with HD Textures ON causes the stuttering to be much worse on those cards?

I get huge stutters in the benchmark and while driving in the game if i turn on hd textures.

My benchmark result (check those crazy stutters) -> https://imgur.com/altCnR8

Video from someone with identical specs 3080 16gb vram (check the stutter at the beginning at 0:34) ->

Video from someone with 6800 16gb vram desktop (huge stutters) ->

@friteusebelge 1080P at good framerates with fairly high settings isn't really crazy at all for a GTX 1660 Ti honestly... it's a GPU that only came out in 2019, and was known for providing quite a solid amount of performance for what it cost at release. I get framerates that are very often pretty significantly better than those of any GTX 980 Ti or GTX 1070 benchmark results I look at even running at stock speeds, for example, and then anywhere from 10 - 15 more FPS on top of that with the +150MHz core / +1000MHz memory overclock I typically run on the card.
    @akira1364 Ah yes, I bet it helped indeed. Well for me it was already on a NVMe, the 970 Evo one, so... I wasn't that I guess. But yeah in the end we fixed it, it was fixable.

For Far Cry 6 except those textures, I have stuttering every time I loot, there is a topic about that, people encounter that too... Performance is quite good I would say, I wasn't hoping for more or less. But those stutters (that I can live with) and the blurry textures are ruining the experience. And good for you if you can enjoy those recent games with your GPU, kinda crazy for a GTX 1660 Ti ! Enjoy those games as much as you can !

Hey @Akira1364 and @FriteuseBelge , what about stuttering while driving, acessing new areas, parachuting, and on the benchmark, notice more stuttering with hd texture on?

• Lancezerkir
    11 posts

daily login

• Iulian2507
    3 posts

@bladerunner4077 i don't have the texture pack installed at all

• xLeeN4x
    9 posts

@jotarodazpa Hi. The game behaves very strange and not logical from a technical point of view, so I deleted it so as not to spoil my eyes and nerves with a mess with textures, I will return to the passage only after the patch, if there is one.
    At the time when I ran tests with and without the HD package, staters were only when collecting resources, but I think this is either a launcher or a protection.
    Try limiting the frame rate, staters should disappear.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@jotarodazpa Is FSR on?

• ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

That's actually my video memory consumption.I apologize for the quality, I was too lazy to capture the video, so the recording of the stream.The settings are high,4k resolution,tracing is off,FSR quality,RTX 2080 graphics card.There are no blurred textures.

• tylikson
    8 posts

good afternoon, stop talking nonsense here, not everyone has top-end video cards, many who have less than eight gigs and amd have a problem, right now we'll all get together and run to buy cards for half a lamb, wake up majors damn

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@alucard2015 Texture pack was ON ?
    Another bug I noticed is that after a cinematic sequence, the setting lock FPS doesn't work for me anymore.

• ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

@devilkazuya83 HD textures are naturally off

• ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

@tylikson 2080 is not top-end

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for my delayed response. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation. The development team have been able to reproduce this issue during testing, and are investigating what could potentially causing this issue to occur in-game further. Once we have any updates to share with you, they will be posted within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum once they're available.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to share their reports with us, and for including all of the requested information. I have shared the reports from the following players: @The_R9X, @AnanasFelice, @Bladerunner4077

If you haven't already, please can you provide us with all of the the information requested below. Please note that without all of the requested information, we are unable to forward your report to the development team. To ensure that we gather all of the requested information, I suggest using the following report template:

• Do you have FidelityFX Super Resolution on? If yes, with what settings?
    • Do you have FidelityFX CAS on or off?
    • Can you please share images/a video which show your video settings in-game? Ideally, it would be great to see your setting with and without the HD texture pack. I'd recommend uploading any media to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.
    • Can you please open a support ticket and submit your DxDiag for further investigation, as the development team are interested at taking a closer look at these for further investigation. Once you have opened a support ticket, please share your ticket number with us so we can ensure this is included in your report to the development team.

Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have less that 12GB of VRAM available, we would recommend uninstalling the HD texture pack. You can do this by checking the "Owned DLC" section for an uninstall button. If this option isn't there, you will need to upload your save file to the Cloud in New Game, then uninstall the game. Afterwards, reinstall the game, making sure not to select the HD Texture Pack, and then download your game save from the Cloud.

If you have over 12 but under 16GB VRAM, please lower your graphics settings to 'High'.

Some player have also shared that rolling back their Nvidia drivers to an earlier version resolved the issue for them.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • xieyifei
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis I have seen this similar reply at least three times, and every time it is under investigation. This game has been released for so long, and I am really worried and disappointed about the efficiency of this processing. Do the relevant patches have to wait until the first DLC goes online as soon as possible?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Any news regarding updates and patches to the game will be shared on our official platforms and within the News & Announcements forum when this information is available, @xieyifei. Please note that the Player Support team is unable to speculate on any ETAs for when updates will be released. I'd recommend checking those locations regularly for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis That is, no optimization updates allow you to use a package of HD textures on 8 GB of video memory?Do I have to delete it if I can turn it off?(if only to free up space)

• FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

@jotarodazpa Only while looting for what I remember !

• kratozz007
    2 posts

My Radeon vega 8 integrated 2gb graphics card loaded the textures but not my 4gb rx560x graphics card.Excellent work ubisoft.

• kmil85
    3 posts

Pathetic ubisoft make this game playable without this hd texture. Already 40% of the game and i cant stand blurry weapens, cars Dashboard, amigos and world. My rig i9 10900k, rtx 3070, 32gb ram, ssd 2t.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ubi-borealis You keep saying 12GB is enough to run the HD Pack but on my RTX 3080 Ti 12GB I keep seeing blurry textures with the HD pack. Only way to resolve is to turn on FSR Ultra Quality but then the game starts stuttering badly. Hopefully the dev team can fix both.

Suggested Topics