ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• yellow_by
    1 posts

I have the same issue. Playing with HD textures didn't help.

• lazgk50
    7 posts

I can confirm i play without HD textures at 1440p with an RTX 2060 and RTX on. Settings all high besides Textures at Ultra the VRAM bar in game shows that i use 4.66 GB of ram out of 6GB(propably bugged since it doesn't change if go from Ultra to High). The problem is obvious to gear like weapons, clothing and that backpack you have can't remember the name of it. If i close the game completely and restart they load fine but after a while they become blurry again. Only specific textures as i said have this bug. I hope they fix it soon coz i have a blast with the game.

• Dave3d07
    76 posts

Try going to advanced video options (I think thats where its at), and UP the scaling and let it apply, run around (although you will probably get s*** frames per second. Then go back into video options and change it back to 1.0 and run around.
    You might have to go to main menu afterwards, and quit game, and shut down computer. Start computer back up, launch the game, and if its just 'ok', then go back to video options and change fov, then it should be good (if it isnt after shutting down computer and starting back up).
    This worked for me, as I was getting things looking like they were hand drawn cartoonish looking in 3d, lol. It was like worse than a console game, with not much graphics/meshes being done correctly, and like the hd pack wasnt even there, let alone regular graphics.
    Anyway that set the hd pack on for me. Hope it works for you also.

• stroker87
    2 posts

same thing is happening to me as well my guns look like im playing far cry 1
    and i do not even have hd pack installed
    and no matter what settings i have on it still makes it all blurry

tried all the work arounds and nothing

$149.99 well spent for a unplayable game

system specs

2080 super waterforce
    i9 9900k
    16g ddr4 ram
    samsung evo ssd

• JahSteez47
    2 posts

@stroker87 Did you try @foulplayfox approach? Deleting the files in teh Far Cry 6 folder under Docments -> My Games -> Far Cry 6? Fixed it for me

• stroker87
    2 posts

@jahsteez47 yeah i did mate worked good for 10 mins then gun textures went back to blurry have to keep restarting the game but it wont last longer than 10 mins

• sattium85
    107 posts

Low-res texture all the time whether I use the HD texture pack or not.
    UBI what is it in 2021? Look at the texture of that hat! If anything it's ultra settings (RTX 2080 Super).
    I don't use the HD texture pack because the textures are even worse with it....

• sattium85
    107 posts

UBI what is it in 2021? Look at the texture of that hat! If anything it's ultra settings (RTX 2080 Super).

• SinNombre675
    10 posts

Hi! Just wanted to chime in and let you guys know that I, too, have major issues with textures in this game. Now, I don't have a high-end PC so I don't expect things to look amazing for me personally but it honestly feels like I'm playing a PS2 game or something. It's really bad. Here are some screenshots (taken on high graphics):

https://imgur.com/9OYeZDt
    https://imgur.com/uZ0UfU4
    https://imgur.com/SIURbGG
    https://imgur.com/g9hHV4d
    https://imgur.com/VHXIfJj

My PC meets the minimum requirements, drivers are up to date and the game files are verified. It doesn't matter if the HD textures pack is enabled or disabled, the "fix" suggested does not work for me, and the troubleshooting guide unfortunately doesn't solve the issue either. Really hoping for some kind of solution because I can't enjoy the game this way.

• WildHunt
    221 posts

@sattium85 I read an article on this today. It has something to do with your card's VRAM and the requirement for HD textures to appear in FC6 actually exceeds the VRAM of an RTX 3080.

You can read it here: https://www.pcgamesn.com/far-cry-6/hd-textures-nvidia-rtx-3080: (https://pcgamesn.com/far-cry-6/hd-textures-nvidia-rtx-3080)

• sattium85
    107 posts

@wildhunt I'm playing without HD textures with an RTX 2080 Super at 2560x1440 and I think that should be enough. Can you take a screenshot of this hat in the car on your PC? Let's see what happens

• LuPf27599
    2 posts

I have a GTX 1650 with, according to Far Cry 6, 3,87 GB VRAM. So far I played with textures on low, because otherwise I dont have enough VRAM. Everything else is on Ultra except shadows. Shadows are on high.
    First of all i dont understand why I can play with these settings and still have around 40 FPS (I play normally with 30 FPS and V-Sync), but as long as the results are good I dont care why its working.
    If I raise the textures to medium (or even ultra) I have almost no FPS drop and, according to the XBOX Game Bar, I use even less VRAM. Again I dont get that.
    But I am very confused about some textures. I first saw it in the car (the first one you get). The radio screen and the screen of the tachometer dont load properly. The numbers are unreadable. If i select the lowest resolution and only the lowest settings, they still dont load. I think I have a similar problem with the crocodile, because his skin is also very weird.
    My CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 3500) is normally around 70% and my GPU around 85% (with V-Sync).
    I dont know wether theres a problem with my PC or with the game, eventhough I think its probably the game.
    Does someone maybe knows a solution? If not please fix this.

• sattium85
    107 posts

• DennisLocke71
    7 posts

We need fast hot-fix

• cjsrt4
    1 posts

@sattium85 You need at least 12gb of VRAM to utilize the HD textures. The game is only a day old, and it's map is 3 times the size of FC5. The texture issues will get fixed, just give it time.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@jahsteez47 All that does is just make it exactly like you're launching the game for the first time again. There's no possible way it could amount to a "permanent" fix.

• foundccm
    2 posts

Still waiting for fix update, I dont want play this with ps1 texture

• sattium85
    107 posts

@cjsrt4  I'm playing without HD textures with an RTX 2080 Super at 2560x1440 and I think that should be enough. Can you take a screenshot of this hat in the car on your PC? Let's see what happens

• Ravnsmod
    13 posts

Just to keep this topic going in hopes of a fix. I find it hard to play the game with this issue. For me it is worse on saddles, weapons, clothes, some ground animations, fallen trees and pets ( the crocodile looks really bad, horrible low res )
    Uninstalled and reinstalled without HD pack. Its now "better" but still way to low res for a 2021 game and what looked amazing with the HD pack on now looks bland and old.

Latest drivers: up to date

Laptop: Lenovo Legion 5 pro
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
    16gb ram (3200MHz)
    Nvidia RTX 3060 (115W)
    SSD

• Netspook
    332 posts
    @sattium85 You need at least 12gb of VRAM to utilize the HD textures.

Sticky post in the support forum says minimum 16 gigs, not 12. OP's gpu has 8, there's no way he can run the HD pack.

Suggested Topics