ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lancezerkir
    11 posts

daily login

• JaggedGargoyle
    7 posts

I'm actually having fun with the game, but pretty disappointing not having the textures load in. I'm playing on a 3070 with a 10900k, both with fairly beefy overclocks. Not using the HD texture pack, and still after around 10 minutes or so of playing the textures start loading in crazy blurry. Seems to be slightly better after the last patch, but still borderline unplayable. I've read through so many different forums, and tired a ton of different settings resolutions, etc, but nothing seems to fix the issue. Very frustrating.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

The 8GB cards have been well and truly screwed here I agree as the game just cannot function within the 6GB limit it sets for this cards and this makes up almost the entirety of Nvidia’s non flagship lineup over past 3 generations which have the highest market share in pc gaming. It’s amazing how they managed to [censored] off both flagship and mid range buyers with this game.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@bladerunner4077 If the "2GB VRAM reserved by the game as a permanent buffer" theory is actually true, it is not reasonable for any GPU.

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • webartist30
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • sync_303
    5 posts

well somethings changed for me the game looks much much better today.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    Installed new Nvidia drivers and FarCry6 patch and it's still blurry. I don't think this is going to be fixed honestly. I think this is a deep issue in the game engine or something. Ubisoft clearly don't feel this is a priority issue.

@mobilehavoc This is totally fixable -- I recall a bunch of games with horrible launches; Batman Arkham Knight comes to mind. That specific PC port was so bad on launch day, they eventually pulled it off the store rofl.

It sucks when these things happen, but I honestly can't see Ubisoft not fixing this in the near future.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@akira1364 Its definitely true although I would say the headroom is around 1.5GB. I can reproduce this with mathematical accuracy. On my 12GB card, the textures get screwed at the Cortina Weather Station with the VRAM allocation crossing 10.8GB. The moment I visit the lake near that facility, VRAM usage drops below 10.5GB again and high res textures are restored. Alternatively, turning on FSR lowers VRAM usage to 9.2GB at this same station with no blurry textures but the game stutters constantly as for some unknown reason it keeps deleting and loading textures from vram.

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@bladerunner4077 The use of VRAM behavior changes from video card to video card and I believe other factors will also affect it, so it cannot be reproduced mathematically.
    me with 3080 and 5600x the game is perfect without hdtexture pack, all ultra / ray tracing on / fsr off / 1440p.
    Other people with 3080ti have texture problems even with hd texture disabled.
    and on slightly lower-end cards it's a disaster.

In my opinion the game is simply bugged and released on pc in beta. It is always like this now with open world games, it is no longer convenient to play them at launch.
    Deathloop on pc also had many problems and with the latest patch it seems to have solved it, they also added support for DLSS last patch.

• KarloSweden
    1 posts

Same problem here. Textures look really lowres. It gets worse when i activate HD textures, but it's still bad without them.
    Tried all the solutions in this thread, and it's the same. Looks like a PS2 game, ffs.
    Have tried to play around with the settings, but nothing works.

Using a Ryzen 9 5900x with 32gb ddr4 ram, and a 12gb 3080ti.

Would request a refund if i hadn't played more than two hours.
    Ubisoft needs to fix this.

• JaggedGargoyle
    7 posts

Lol so I managed to get my textures to load mostly alright for a little longer play session by knocking the resolution down to 1440p, and then knocking the resolution scaling down an extra notch. But then the game crashed, and won't load at all now. very sad. Running on a 3070 and 10900k. Verifying the files didn't seem to fix it. I might just uninstall the game and give up on it. I got about 20 hours of fun out of it, so not a total waste of money I guess.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@karlosweden I have a 3080 Ti as well and never see blurry textures with hd textures off. Which resolution are you at? Which part of the map you see them in?

• Tanktop_Tarou
    11 posts

I wonder when will an actual fix come.

• Ecchiema
    1 posts

I really loved FarCry 5, but this.....is just a mess. I dont see a BIG difference from FC6 to FC5 in Graphics or overall content, but it manages to look like [censored]! I rly want to enjoy this, i waitet for this game and wanted to play the hell out of it.....but the textures look like Playstation 1/2 is too much to handle right now, takes all the Fun out of the Gunplay for me.Maybe we get a fix in the next 12 Month, maybe not. Maybe they just wait and everyone with a working Game is lucky and the rest...is not. We dont know anything, because its the same everytime.....they dont say a word to anyone.We get the : Yeah we know but f*** you, you already paid the price now you can wait until the game is finished in 1 or 2 years.
    And people complain about Cyberpunk.....im just sad about this...at least i could play and Enjoy at Day 1.

Peace

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ecchiema Unless your system doesn’t meet the minimum requirements I am not sure how you can say 6 doesn’t look better than 5. From a certain angle at a particular time of day, it looks close to photo realistic. The lighting is way more realistic and so are the water effects. Shadows and Reflections benefit from limited ray tracing. It’s only being held back by the inefficient vram management and single threaded nature of the engine whuch has worsened since FC5 due to ray tracing and high resolution textures which the engine can’t handle

• freshcut
    2 posts

I see this kind of very jarring difference in texture resolution around a fair bit?
    I'm running with an rtx3080 and don't have the HD texture pack turned on. If its just certain assets don't have higher resolution textures then fair enough, but was just curious if this is a bug?

undefined

• freshcut
    2 posts

I see this kind of very jarring difference in texture resolution around a fair bit?
    I'm running with an rtx3080 and don't have the HD texture pack turned on. If its just certain assets don't have higher resolution textures then fair enough, but was just curious if this is a bug?

undefined

• FrusTrick
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Here's some info as per your request:

Support ticket No: 15574415

Link to video of gameplay and full video settings:
    (Settings displayed at 3:19)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aIRKkkhfO56TWT7ZWIgd_N07I_1SoFEz/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aIRKkkhfO56TWT7ZWIgd_N07I_1SoFEz/view?usp=sharing)

For the rest of the people on the forums:

Video recorded on the following system:
    Processor: i5-7600K OC @ 4.6GHz
    Memory: 16GB
    GPU: GTX980 4GB VRAM (Driver version: 496.49)

• mobilehavoc
    18 posts

One quick thing to add - those who are saying they don't see blurry textures I honestly think it's a matter of time even on 12gb cards. No spoilers but the end of the game is pretty intensive and I'd be shocked if more people didn't end up with blurry textures there. It's clearly a game engine/texture management issue. To me it seems very similar to Control because that would also load in lower res textures etc.

Suggested Topics