ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@mobilehavoc I don’t think there will be blurry textures on 12GB cards if you dont use the HD pack. Max vram usage is 8GB at 4K in normal conditions. That will go up to 10GB max in intensive scenes. Still has a headroom of 800MB.

• Steff1206x_O
    1 posts

@andmcc1 how to resolve the problem? you fix that ? thx

• BrownWildBear
    1 posts

@tricolour_ The same problem with textures

• RegZieeeX
    29 posts

We're now over 3 weeks after launch and the blurry texture issue is still prominent in the game. Is there any update on if & when this is likely to be fixed? It's so distracting seeing cutscenes look so bad, any new weapon I find looks like mud, it completely kills the immersion in the game, I really hope they're not waiting for the title update to put a fix in, I hope we see this sorted in some kind of hotfix as for me this is the biggest problem I've had with the game. Ubisoft, anything?

• boissevain10
    3 posts

Just reporting the same exact issue. GTX 1060 6GB owner, with a i5 8600k @ 4.5Ghz. Game when first starting it up after booting up my PC, textures on guns and some characters remain high res for about 10 to 20 minutes. After that the 'blurring' shows itself and sometimes disappears again for a few minutes. No matter what settings I pick or performance modes I try in Windows or NVIDIA-profiles it doesn't make a difference! What I do notice that the first run of the game is by far the one where this problem appears a little slower, but after that it just happens faster and faster. Just for reference I'm of course not using the HD-textures.
    It's a real shame because I was impressed by how well this game runs on my system, but this issue is just so noticeable!

Ubisoft, it's been 3 weeks, and I really hope a fix is due soon. If not. well the next time I'll wait to pick up a FC game when it's laying in a bargain bin. Although I got lucky with this release and managed to get it with almost 50% off, but in retrospect I might've been better off buying Guardians of the Galaxy instead...

• Bakvalan
    8 posts
    The Ubisoft guys are obviously making fun of us. Ha, ha ...
    It will be 1 month in a while!

• X666NEX
    1 posts

When does the HD texture pack bug get fixed???

• UhOhIPooped
    20 posts

@x666nex Oh but its not a bug remember? Our high-end gpus just aren't good enough....... This is all just a joke, they arent going to fix it, they arent going to make the hd texture pack work with nvidia gpus. They locked everyone out, they don't care, which is why this week I made the choice not to buy Riders Republic which is a game myself and two of my buddys were waiting to play. But we made the call that until Ubisoft change what they do for pc, we arent buying anymore of their games.

• FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

Daily check... still nothing... will come back during the day and tomorrow, daily routine since 3 weeks...

• Akira1364
    159 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • gerardfraser123
    3 posts

@bladerunner4077
    Just showing this

Started this video from desktop,to show it is not HD Textures that are a problem with loading textures in this game.I have my own opinion on why it happens but it is not up to me to fix.All I can do is report the problem to ubisoft.

♦Title: [PC] (Missing,blurry textures)

♦1. What is the issue you're experiencing? (Normal textures and HD textures not loading)

♦2. What were you doing when this issue occurred? (Issue can occur at anytime.This issue when change of weapon.Also happens on any resolution.Windows 10 and Windows 11 Fresh Installs)

♦3. Are you able to recreate the issue? (Normal textures restart game until textures look good. HD textures restart game until textures look good.Textures do not always load but when they do,change of weapon can cause textures to not load)

♦4. What you done in an attempt to correct this issue? (Restart game as many times as it takes to get the textures to load properly and then test by changing weapon,getting in to car/boat/truck/hovercraft ETC and see if textures go missing/blurry)

♦ CPU - Intel 10850X With MasterLiquid Lite ML240L RGB AIO (5000Mhz)
    ♦ GPU - Nvidia RTX 3080
    ♦ RAM - G.Skill 32 GB DDR4 (CL 17 4400Mhz)
    ♦ Mobo - Asus Tuf Gaming Wifi (BIOS 2420)
    ♦ SSD - NVME SSD 1TB
    ♦ DSP - LG B9 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED G-Sync Over HDMI
    ♦ PSU - Antec High Current Pro 1200W

'>

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@gerardfraser123 I haven’t gotten to that area of the game yet but I can see that your VRAM usage is around 9.7GB out of 10GB of VRAM. That’s why it’s loading those blurry textures. It seems to be a vram heavy part of the game you are in. In Madrugada, the highest vram usage I saw in native 4K is 9.2GB. You need to ensure the game doesn’t use more than 8.5GB of vram on your 3080 as it needs a headroom of 1.5GB - 2GB.

Try capturing this same video but with FSR on Ultra Quality and if vram doesn’t go below 8.5GB, go to quality and turn off ray tracing. Those blurry textures will disappear.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us regarding the blurry textures experienced in-game. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation. The development team have been looking at this issue further, and they will be deploying a fix in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this fix will be released. Rest assured that once we have more details to share, they will be posted within this thread and via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum as soon as they are made available

Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have less that 12GB of VRAM available, we would recommend uninstalling the HD texture pack. You can do this by checking the "Owned DLC" section for an uninstall button. If this option isn't there, you will need to upload your save file to the Cloud in New Game, then uninstall the game. Afterwards, reinstall the game, making sure not to select the HD Texture Pack, and then download your game save from the Cloud.

If you have over 12GB VRAM but under 16GB VRAM, please lower your graphics settings to 'High.'

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • xieyifei
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis So the HD package is specially prepared for Nvidia cards above 3080ti and AMD cards with large vram, right? Most people don't even deserve high-definition textures.After playing so many games, this is the first time I encountered this situation.I have nothing to say.🤡

• boissevain10
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Well at least that's something! Really hoping that ETA won't be too long though... And I'm wondering where that suggestion is hinting at because as far as I've read no one here had the HD-texturepack installed with <12GB of VRAM.

New finding I've had is that if I drop my resolution to 1280x720 and keep my framerate uncapped, textures display just fine! This means that I'm using just 3GB of VRAM and then everything is dandy, but when I use more than 3GB (on a GTX1060 6GB)... BAM! there are the blurry textures again on weapons and some clothing items and on some NPC's...

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@xieyifei You can say it's only prepared for AMD Top video cards. That's on purpose.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@boissevain10 I imagine that 100% of people who used the HD Texture Packs for FC5 and New Dawn (which ran well on a wide array of hardware) did enable the one for FC6 at least at first. Regardless, the issue we're discussing here occurs fairly often for people even without the pack enabled in FC6, meaning it's very clearly a problem with the actual game.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ubi-borealis So can you please confirm that this issue WILL NOT be a part of the first title update or there is chance it will be?

• UhOhIPooped
    20 posts

@akira1364 We are now 6 days from a month since release. They aren't going to make the game playable as intended for current gen card owners. Plain and simple they locked us out. I think you should look all that up and show how stupid this all is. Also, if you look at the Ubisoft reps recent post, they have a fix coming but as usual he says the same line all the time , "Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have less that 12GB of VRAM available, we would recommend uninstalling the HD texture pack. You can do this by checking the "Owned DLC" section for an uninstall button. If this option isn't there, you will need to upload your save file to the Cloud in New Game, then uninstall the game. Afterwards, reinstall the game, making sure not to select the HD Texture Pack, and then download your game save from the Cloud.

If you have over 12GB VRAM but under 16GB VRAM, please lower your graphics settings to 'High.'".

This is bullcrap. This is proof of a lock out. This is also saying to every current gen card owner, that almost no one can hit max settings. People, please wake up and call out this company for the bull they continue to pull with all of us. Over the last year in games think about games that came out looking way better than this, with all the bells and whistles, and ran max settings in 4k at 60 fps. This is watchdogs legion all over again, and excuses to not fix it. Lets remember with Legion, they made a few patches and then said we believe it is in great shape now and it still had massive frame issues.
    My guarantee, the patch that comes will not fix the issues completely, and they will continue to lock most out of HD Textures. This is a pipe dream, but maybe you should offer us all refunds because at this point we waisted our time and money.

• RegZieeeX
    29 posts

The system requirement for 1440p, ultra with ray tracing is exactly what my PC has yet I can’t use ray tracing or ultra without textures bugging out. Stuck at medium/high settings. I’ve never used the texture pack and still am stuck with blurry textures. How has this still not been address and you guys have no idea when it will be fixed? Almost a month after launch and still this is not looking like it’ll be fixed anytime soon.

Suggested Topics