ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UhOhIPooped
    20 posts

Hey everyone, Not making any promises but I reached out to Rich at ReviewtechUSA to let him know about this after seeing the patch notes that fix nothing. I hope he sees what I wrote to him and we can get this blown up in a big way. Enough is Enough Ubi!

• mobilehavoc
    18 posts

@guydodge You calling me a liar? I literally have played 9 hours of GotG already and even in the benchmark it shows 50+ fps average. Mobile 3080 + Ryzen 5900HX is beast combo IMHO

• RegZieeeX
    29 posts

@bladerunner4077 Is the patch even out yet? I'm on PC and haven't had any new download as of yet.

• Umilton
    21 posts

@regzieeex Just a few fans sites or third party sites saying the pc patch release time or date/time is yet to be determined or officially announced.

• Umilton
    21 posts

Is there anyone with a 3090 or 3080 that has overall great textures with the HD pack? With everything else cranked up max like ray tracing on, and everything Ultra. And with only an occasional blurry texture not the many that's in the bug.

guydodge a few posts up says his 3090 is showing very good visuals overall and he was implying there are far fewer blurry things than reported in the bug. I tend to agree with him because I'm running a Titan Rtx 24 gb with everything maxed and the IQ is wonderful overall despite the occasional blurry textured object. And far to mid distances look great too overall. Not saying my fps is good, it's on the low side maybe because I'm on a i7 7700. Btw ram is 32gb ddr 4.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@umilton Why would a card with 24GB VRAM be impacted by this bug in the first place?

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

I deleted this game from my SSD, this is the last time I bought a day one game from Ubisoft. This is the first time with a 2080Ti OC, that I have so many problems with textures.

Bright Memory Infinite is coming in a few days, moreover if you buy episode 1 (8 €) on Steam you will have the full final version when it is released, scheduled for November 11 it seems to me.

• Apexsaurus
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Umilton
    21 posts

@akira1364 I overreached on my 24gb vram comments. So looks like the bug is for playing under 4k. Meaning the HD pack should work fine according to Ubisoft when playing at 1440 res on a 3080 ti. But it doesn't from all the comments about lower res textures. So looks like it's a Ubisoft problem.

I know that's nothing new, ppl have been posting it for pages, & that Ubi should've been clearer in their explanation of HD pack requirements in regards to 2k and 4k resolutions. And sry for repeating what posters have already said. I'm just trying to get it right for my own understanding. If I'm incorrect about anything concerning the bug please post to correct it.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@umilton Based on my experience, the resolution is irrelevant as going down from 4k to 1440p just frees up 1GB of RAM and gains decline even more if you go further down. With 12GB of VRAM, the game wont use more than 10.8GB which it frequntly exceeds while playing the game so even at 1440p rtx 3080 ti cannot play with ultra settings and HD Textures.

• DJKeens
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis What I get from this post is we're still harping on this texture pack regardless of the fact that many of the users on here aren't using it. What about the many users in this thread who aren't using the HD pack and still get "blurry textures"?

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@bladerunner4077 for stuttering tried to leave free fps without blocking?

• CrailJast
    17 posts

Ive been checking this thread on and off for the last few weeks, and it does not bode well for FC6 on PC. This thread is heading the same way as the ACV thread about the Arc of Elan bow, which to this day is a bugged item that was there since launch and is still to be fixed.

It paints a rather bleak picture of ubisoft in terms of fixing bugs, cause while they consistently promised a patch was being worked on, each patch released since then for ACV has been either to add more cosmetics to their store, or now the latest to add the tour of discovery. Yet fixing this bugged item that has been there since launch, is constantly left out of any patches. This makes me feel like this time next year we will still be here screaming at them that "all you had to do was fix the damn blurry textures (CJ)"

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@devilkazuya83 I can limit to 60 FPS to minimise stutters and use FSR but 60 fps doesnt feel as smooth as 80 plus

• B08y_94
    10 posts

I hope the new patch will will come soon will fix this issue.

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@bladerunner4077 Try to remove the fps block, v-sync off, and let the G-sync on your monitor handle it. I've done this with many games like Cyberpunk, Control and Far Cry 6, everything is much more fluid, even 60 fps. Then tell me if you notice any changes.

• unclekasat
    1 posts

This issue is not a recognized issue by Ubi. As you can see, it is not mentioned here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/111400/far-cry-6-known-issues-last-updated-november-2nd-2021?lang=en-US

So there is no hope that it will be fixed in upcoming patch.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@crailjast Generally speaking, the cosmetic content won't ever be provided by the same team that actually does the core gameplay development and can actually fix bugs in the first place, for any game. So that's probably not super relevant.

@unclekasat It is under investigation, like tons of other stuff, though: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/111485/reported-issue-megathread-list-check-here-for-your-issue-updated-03-11-2021/1?lang=en-US

• Akira1364
    159 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • GiaLinh_5599
    7 posts

Same here.
    Specs: Ryzen 5 5600x + gtx 1650. Playing at lower res so vram requirements aren't out of bounds, according to the game.
    Blurry textures are everywhere, and this is of course without the HD textures pack. The latest patch and known issues thread don't seem to acknowledge this, and that's worrying, despite lots of people here reporting the same issue.

First time in years I decided to cut Ubi some slack and want to enjoy their games, and then this happen. It is not "unplayable" but the graphics are so distracting. If I was to play with such graphics then my time would be better spent emulating PS2 games instead. Money wasted.

Suggested Topics