ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LanDragon78
    8 posts

New patch dropped today! Any news on whether this makes the blurry texture issue disappear?...or at least mitigate it somewhat for GPU's with sufficient horsepower?

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@landragon78 I saw a little while ago. 18 giga on pc. I'm in download. Has anyone tried texture hd ?

• LanDragon78
    8 posts

After about an hour of continuous play testing, I'm happy to report the issue seems fixed for me! Granted I run 1080p and do not have the spec's to run HD Texture pack, however I am now able to run settings at mix of high/ultra, with DXR effects ON, and FSR set to Ultra Quality, and I have not experienced the low quality texture issue with Weapons, Supremos in 3rd person/arsenal menu, or Amigos (which were the top 3 previous offenders for me), and I'm getting a solid framerate (75fps avg in benchmark).

Core i5 9400F
    16GB DDR4 Dual Channel
    Geforce 2060 6GB

**UPDATE**

After several hours of gameplay, I did get the glitch to occur again upon a fast travel to a Guerilla hideout. The issue is still there, but it definitely took much longer to appear. Previous to the patch, If I enabled DXR effects, the glitch would occur immediately. For what it's worth, If I disable DXR I can run all graphics maxed @ native 1080p and have no issues, but I could do that before the patch as well.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

I highly doubt this issue is fixed. The Ubisoft representative clearly stated this will be fixed in the future and there is no timeline for this.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@landragon78 I hope I am wrong but whats likely is that when you downloaded the patch, the game rebuilt the shader cache. The issue will surface again as the Ubi rep stated this wont be fixed in this patch

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@devilkazuya83 Welp. As expected it doesn't fix the issue with HD Textures. See the blurry texture below on the speedometer. Also continues to stutter with FSR UQ even though I tried dsiabling FPS limit and vysnc

• JaggedGargoyle
    7 posts

After the patch, I seem to be able to play the game for slightly longer before the textures start to load in super low res. Playing on a 3070 with a 10900k, graphics set to full, but resolution set to 1440p, and resolution scale set to 0.9. HD pack turned off and not installed. I get good framerates at higher resolution settings, but the textures start to load in low res way faster when I do. Pretty disappointing.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@jaggedgargoyle Did you try FSR Ultra Quality. It seems to fix the issue somewhat.

• JaggedGargoyle
    7 posts

@bladerunner4077 Yeah I tired it, but for some reason FSR at 1440p on my tv seems to look really bad. Turning that off and knocking the resolution scale down a notch seems to work better for me strangely enough. 4k with FSR looks good, but textures start loading in low res pretty fast.

• Tanktop_Tarou
    11 posts

11 GB update and nothing changes. Blurry textures are still there...

• RegZieeeX
    29 posts

Can confirm no changes for me either, had hoped this could be it but nope. Same issue, only thing I noticed is the in-game VRAM bar is showing that I'm using more VRAM than I was previously. Fiddled with the settings to try get my textures to work but can't. 3070 - 8GB RAM, can't seem to go any higher than 1440p at Medium preset without losing textures. (No HD Pack installed).

Guess I'm still not playing this game until another update comes.

EDIT: to my amazement, it may actually be working... for now.

I decided to try deleting the Far Cry 6 folder from my documents, rebooted my PC and booted up the game, didn't touch anything but set graphics preset to Ultra, turned on ray tracing reflections, shadows and enabled Fidelity FX. Loaded in and wallah for the first time since I've owned the game the textures are actually working. My concern is when I get into a heated situation are they going to bug out again, but so far they've been working. Fingers crossed this is it and I can actually enjoy the game as I should have been able to a month ago now.

• lmazzochi
    10 posts

Game Updated but nothing change.
    Same Problem. Nothing is Fixed.
    After 10 minutes of gameplay, the textures are blurry as hell. (No "HD Pack" installed)
    -
    I'm going to dust off my PS2 to see better graphics.

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@tanktop_tarou oh my God. the grass and the flowers are gone too. Why the review sites don’t talk about it? it is a serious problem. They bored us for a year with cyberpunk and now they say nothing. 

• GiaLinh_5599
    7 posts

@devilkazuya83 yeah it is kinda puzzling. Maybe the pre-release code is fine? Reviews from PC Gamer and SkillUp (both on PC using nvidia cards) mentioned absolutely nothing about this.

• GiaLinh_5599
    7 posts

Just downloaded an 11gb patch. The vram gauge requirement in the settings are slightly higher than last time, but in game it still takes the same as before. Textures are still broken, nothing has changed.

• UhOhIPooped
    20 posts

So my theory about locking out gpu's is seemingly true. For a few minutes I actually witnessed what the game looks like with the HD Texture pack. Then it went back to crap. Glad they could prove us all right, the programing sucks, and they probably recommend cards with higher ram so they don't have to fix the obvious video memory leak going on. If you couldn't use a 3080 it wouldn't magically work for a few minutes after a patch, it would continue to be the same regardless. Fix the damn textures and fix the damn HD texture pack because now we know your full of crap!!!

• mechcentric
    51 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@liquidrichardvn The Skillup video shows Guapo with blurry textures. He just didn’t notice it for some reason.

See 25:2.0 onwards.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@regzieeex Spawn to the Cortina weather station and check the textures on Guapo and your gun inside the base. Will confirm if the issue is fixed for you.

• GiaLinh_5599
    7 posts

@bladerunner4077 oh yeah now that you mention it, a lot of instances in that vid where there are blurry textures everywhere, especially the guns. Him not mentioning any of it makes me not notice as well.

Suggested Topics