ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Vilemos
    64 posts

@devilkazuya83 What you described isn't "working fine". If you have to lower settings for it to look "better", than you know it's horse manure. Also, these settings have nothing to od with texture streaming and loading. Even better, these are the only settings that always worked well and without problems in this game.

• Daitan86
    60 posts

nothing, guys. Even with the settings I wrote within half an hour of play, the textures still go crazy. I'm sad.

• Kalitheman
    12 posts

@devilkazuya83

3070 8G VRAM
    Intel I7
    1440 170Hz

Everything Ultra, everything ON but HD textures.
    Fidelity FX ON
    FSR Ultra

About 80 FPS, no stuttering...

Works perfectly since patch 1, no more bad textures even after hours of continous playing....
    That blurry thing is a strange problem that seems to be random... Maybe a bad and unlucky combination of CPU/GPU/Motherboard/ brands ?
    Its very strange....

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@kalitheman working fine on FSR. But FSR is not DLSS, especially at 1440p (it's acceptable if you play 4k but not 1440p), the quality of fsr is pitiful. I prefer to play all ultra, ray tracing, etc, without FSR / hd texture .
    The graphics and definition is much better HD Texture off and Native resolution than HD Textures on and FSR. (1440p)

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Hey everyone,

My apologies for the delay in responding. I really appreciate the time you've taken to share your thoughts and feedback, and I can certainly understand that you are eager to have this issue of blurry textures resolved.

As some of you have noted, this is something we've added to the known issues list, and this is something our team is actively working on a fix for. This will be released in a future update. At the moment, we don't have an ETA for when that will be, but as soon as we have updates to share, we'll do so here in the forum thread and in the News & Announcements forum section.

I understand some of you have concerns that we've continued to mention the VRAM requirements for the HD Texture Pack, and I wanted to explain why we've been reiterating this. We'd sought to make it clear that 12GB of VRAM is required for this pack. This is dedicated VRAM that is part of your graphics card, and is different from your ordinary system RAM. If your graphics card does not meet this requirement of 12GB of VRAM, to ensure an optimal gaming experience, we recommend that you uninstall the HD Texture Pack. Although it may be possible to launch and run the game with less VRAM while the HD Texture Pack is installed, we cannot guarantee stable performance unless the minimum requirement is met. For further information on the system requirements for Far Cry 6, please see our support article.

As we have no further information to share at this time and we have all the information we need to continue working on the fix, we have decided to temporarily lock this thread. If you want to keep up-to-date with our progress, please just follow this thread by selecting "Watching" in the top-right corner of the thread. As mentioned, we'll be posting any new updates here in the thread and over in News & Announcements, as soon as they are available.

We kindly ask that players do not create new threads on this issue for the moment. Any new threads created will be merged into this existing one, so we can keep all our updates in one place.

Thanks for your understanding.

Official Response
  • UhOhIPooped
    20 posts

You guys really are pathetic, you marked as solved, the topic that had the most posts and people that are frustrated with this blurry texture and HD texture pack issue. What is wrong with you? Why do you treat your paying customers this way? We will not be silenced until you fix these issues so we can enjoy the game. Stop posting generic comments that help no one because your boss tells you to. People have waited a month and a half and this game still isn't fix.

• WID992007
    173 posts

@uhohipooped what GPU you got and drivers as i have not seen this issue yet on my PC ?

my system does have a 12 gig GPU, so im fine with the HD textures pack

Intel I5 7600 K i keep oc on all cores to 4.4 ghz
    ASUS STRIX Z 270 H main board
    16 gig of crucial ballistix Sport ram
    EVGA 3060 XC gaming > 12 gig GPU >nvidia driver 472.12
    game is installed on a samsung EVO 840 SSD as is Ubi connect
    WIn 10 Pro

textures look fine here in 1080 P as well as 1440 P ( i use 1080 P to get better FPS )

did you try a clean install of your vid drivers and use DDU? , also try an older Nvidia Driver ?

sometimes i have found updating driver via GEFORCE EXP = screwed up drivers man , always do a clean install and use DDU

FAR CRY 6 also performed well on my old GPU, a gigabyte Factory OC GTX 1060 6 gig card with settings on high with no HD texture pak installed

was getting expected FPS and did not see any problem with the textures

• Vilemos
    64 posts

I created this new thread since the original one was marked as SOLVED, eventhough it was NOT SOLVED, and thus locked afterwards.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/111264/pc-some-textures-are-appearing-blurry-in-game-post-here?lang=en-US&_=1636820578737

Either let this thread live, or unlock the old one.

Because, again, the issue WAS NOT SOLVED.

• Checks1
    1 posts

@vilemos

8 GB vRam?

I would deactivate HD Textures if they're turned on.
    I had the same problem. I turned HD off and set some details a little lower than ultra and now im fine.

• JustSafety
    2 posts

Hello, 

When i play Far Cry 6 on any resolution the game starts up really neat and looking great, but after 10/15 minutes or a cutscene or a fast travel the textures look like mashed potatoes, i tried re-installing the game uninstilling the HD texture pack e.t.c... nothing seems the work.

The meters on the helicopters, cars are looking like mashed potatoes and so are the weapons and clothing.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen7 X3700
    16GB RAM
    RTX 2060 Advanced Gaming
    Running the game on 1TB SSD NVME

I decided to stop playing the game until it's fixed but i've been waiting for patches and updates and it still didn't come.

Here an example:
    Image: (https://preview.redd.it/slyutz5lj8s71.png?width=3840&format=png&auto=webp&s=522077be7aa5259705e5699433defa7cb4f268ad)

• WID992007
    173 posts

@justsafety so use lower settings your 2060 lacks v ram so turn your settings down a bit

• JustSafety
    2 posts

@wid992007 Dind't work either, and i can easily run it on high resolution. Literally tried everything i could think of.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@justsafety Hey! Thank you for getting in touch and sorry to hear that you are experiencing these blurry textures.

The development team has been made aware of this issue and it should be resolved with a future update.

In the meantime you can keep an eye on this issue on the forums known issues list here.

I have also merged this thread with the mega thread about this issue.

Thank you.

• famous478176
    2 posts

Can you please fix the blurry texture of this game I can't even read the number 30 on my gun, the ps4 version is so much better than the PC version BTW my PC specs are
    Ryzen 5 2600
    Rx570 4GB
    16GB ram
    I hope you fix it as soon as possible here are my screenshot.
    undefined

• famous478176
    2 posts

Can you please fix the texture of this game I can't even read the number 30 on my gun, the ps4 version is so much better than the PC version BTW my PC specs are
    Ryzen 5 2600
    Rx570 4GB
    16GB ram
    I hope you fix it as soon as possible

• Netspook
    344 posts

Stop making multiple threads about the same stuff.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have contacted us and have confirmed that they have deployed a fix for blurry textures when the HD texture pack is installed with the release of Title Update 3! The patch was deployed today, Tuesday, December 7, at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET / 3 PM CET. You can read the full patch notes here.

The development team have also provided an additional comment regarding this issue in the patch notes, which you can read below:

Developer comment: We have made some changes for the HD Texture Pack on PC that should decrease the blurriness that appeared for some players when using the HD Texture Pack. When looking into these reports, we are seeing players using graphics cards with less than 12 GB of VRAM available. When using the HD Texture Pack with less than the minimum required VRAM available, the performance and the look of the game can be worse than without the pack.  

Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have less that 12GB of VRAM available, we would recommend uninstalling the HD texture pack.

If you have over 12GB VRAM but under 16GB VRAM, please lower your graphics settings to "High."

If you meet the minimum requirements for HD textures and are still encountering issues with blurry textures after installing the new update, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread so we can notify the development team. When sharing a new report, please can you provide us with the a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the left-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • The blurry textures you are encountering in-game.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud. This support article can help you to do this.

We can then pass these reports to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Redacted01
    4 posts

Wow new update but nope still crashed and how long has this been i guess i'll never buy [censored] from Ubisoft again g'bye

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @Redacted01!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering crashes in-game. As this thread is about encountering blurry textures in-game, then I recommend you share your crash report in one of our dedicated Megathreads for this kind of technical issue. This will allow is to investigate your crashes without going off-topic within this thread.

You can find our full list of ongoing crash Megathread here by going to "Technical Issues & Queries" > "Crash / Freeze."

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • As1r0nimo
    392 posts

It's all good and on. But A lot of us don't have HD textures even DOWNLOADED. So, will there be a refund for us?

Suggested Topics