ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Droid8Apple
    27 posts

@wildhunt Nope, media places don't test everything the way they should because if they did, they'd see this happens with or without HD Textures enabled or even installed. I have fast internet, i tried, it did nothing. It's something in the engine/code doing it.

• WFL-GGN
    21 posts

Same here.

10th Gen Intel Core i7-10870H
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - 8GB vram
    32GB ram
    1tb PCIe SSD

This is without the HD texture pack; decided to install it for giggles, but haven't had a chance to load it up yet (will tonight after work).

Ground textures look awful, as do faces. Tested on both "High" and "Ultra" as well as changing a variety of settings, no change in quality.

• Droid8Apple
    27 posts

All of the helpful folks saying it's HD texture pack and VRAM running out because they read it on a media site that didn't properly test the game just simply looked at allocated/requested statistics, really need to pay attention. THIS HAPPENS WITH, OR WITHOUT, HD TEXTURES EVEN INSTALLED. It is not an OOM issue, or entire swathes of screen would look like that, not specific little things that are always going to be close to the player's line of sight like dashboard items and speedometers... it'd be trees and shrubs and stuff further away.

I have an RTX-2080/i9-10900k/32Gb 3600 ram/NvME drive and have everything maxed except shadows and volumetric lighting, at 3440x1440, and have a buttery smooth 90+ fps. If it was running out of memory I'd feel hitching and stuttering as it tried to swap the textures but I don't. I even put the resolution scaler to 1.2 just as a I did in Far Cry 5 and am still above 60 and buttery smooth. If I was out of memory it would have happened on other games where it's close - and there's a lot of them where I see that 7700 used out of 8000.

• Netspook
    332 posts

@droid8apple
    When it comes to the HD pack, I did NOT read it "on media site that didn't properly test the game".

I got it directly from Ubi.

And yes, it WILL happen if you run the HD pack without having the rig to run it. Without the HD pack, it does NOT happen to everyone. I have almost no such issues - VERY few textures looks low res on my rig.

And btw, the OP clearly says he's been trying the OP pack - again, he does NOT have the gpu for doing that.

• RegZieeeX
    29 posts

Yep, same thing, I've also made a post on this. It's such a shame it looks like this. However I managed to find a temporary solution that worked for me after I had tried reinstalling the entire game, enabling/disabling the texture pack, reinstalling the pack again etc. tried everything I can think of. What I found to work atleast somewhat is going into my documents folder, my games, go into the FC6 folder and delete everything in it. Then reboot the game and it boots as if it's the first time you've opened it (but your save game is still there) then I just went in game and the textures have been normal since. However the moment I change a setting such as raising the preset to ultra, boom, mud textures again and I have to redo the process. For whatever reason I just can't change any graphics settings or the textures bug out. Not ideal playing it only on high when I can easily play it maxed with ray tracing, but for now it atleast looks playable until this stupid texture bug is fixed.

• Tricolour_
    Original poster 8 posts

@Ubi-Nacho My blurring problem is solved. My GPU is 3060 laptop(I know I repeated it many times, but this may help you gathering info easily), I installed version 471.96 driver, running game without DXR and HD texture pack, all texture mapping is now clear and stable.

• sattium85
    107 posts

@netspook What difference does it make if I play without HD textures?

• Tricolour_
    Original poster 8 posts

I hope everyone in this post could read this.

• Tricolour_
    Original poster 8 posts

@tricolour_ Hey everyone. My blurring problem is solved. My GPU is 3060 laptop(I know I repeated it many times), I installed version 471.96 driver, and running game without DXR and HD texture pack, all texture mapping is now clear and stable.

• Netspook
    332 posts
    @netspook What difference does it make if I play without HD textures?

On your system, with an 8 gig gpu, you cannot play with HD, so that's the HUGE difference. But if the rest of your system is as good as your gpu, normal textures on ultra settings should look very nice.

• Master_Wolf_FR
    8 posts

@tricolour_ So you are telling that the driver 472.12 (the latest one) is not working with the game ? I'm using Windows 11, coming back to an older driver will not cause more troubles ? Which driver were you using when you had the textures problems ?

• sattium85
    107 posts

@master_wolf_fr I checked the previous Nvidia driver 471.96 and the problem still persists. In addition the uplay message appeared that the driver is out of date. So I went back to 472.12

• foundccm
    2 posts

@tricolour_ Thanku for this, I have the same laptop set, it really works!

• BackPa-CZ
    13 posts

Update: I have Low quality texture even with HD pack off. Verifying game do not help, delete Far Cry 6 folder from Documents is same result.

• Master_Wolf_FR
    8 posts

@sattium85 Yes I also tried and it doesn't work for me neither. This bug is so annoying I literally tried everything I could. Ubisoft needs to make a patch or hotfix to solve this.

• SinNombre675
    10 posts

Yeah, I don't want to play the game when it's like this, which is unfortunate because I've really been looking forward to this launch. Thankful I got Ubisoft+ to play it and didn't pay 60 dollars for it.

• iChaosPaladin
    31 posts

Trying drivers 471.96 and 472.12 on rtx3080 with checkbox "perform a clean install" for each, with also deleting shader cache *_pipelines.bin from Far Cry 6 documents folder. Issue still present in both.

Game not use >60% of VRAM with ultra preset, based on video settings tab

Wonder why all reports about textures issue only from PC users. PS5 and Xbox Series looks like not affected this issue and i'm not sure if their GPU more powerful even than nvidia rtx2*** series.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

Hello everyone! I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with HD textures on PC for Far Cry 6. Could you please provide me with a video of what you are seeing with these textures enabled? Also, please give this troubleshooting guide a try to test if it makes a positive difference for you?

Official Response
  • Aryvian
    13 posts
    Hi there everyone,

I have been gathering all of the details from affected players and constructing a report which has now been submitted to the game team. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to share screenshots and details of system specs.

I can see that some players have reported that this is only happening with the HD texture pack, but also a few players who are having this issue with the base game textures too.
    If you do happen to have the HD texture pack installed and running, please feel free to disable it for the time being.

Once more information on this issue becomes available, details will be shared via the News and Updates section of the forum.

Apologies for any frustration this has caused. Please reach out if you notice any changes in the nature of the issue, or have further questions.
    Thank you!

So why is this not even in the Known Issues list? It's one of the posts with most replies, alot of people are having this issue, it should be a top priority.

• WFL-GGN
    21 posts

@aryvian Typically published issue lists contain issues that can be reproduced internally. Once they can reproduce it, they'll post it as a known issue.

Also, I don't know about Ubisoft, but I don't typically update the running issue list with each individual issue: They could be pending a final issue list for the day before publishing.

Suggested Topics