ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DempGG
    5 posts

@ubisushivamp

Please let them know that its not just an issue with the HD pack

I am having the texture issues even without the HD pack as well (completely uninstalled and reinstalled with no hd texture pack) , when I most definitely should not be

I7-9700
    RTX 3070 ti
    16 gb ram
    Intalled on SSD

some pics ( couldnt upload to this forum said file size was too big)

https://imgur.com/iD1WfBC
    https://imgur.com/S4wKljx

• UhOhIPooped
    20 posts

@fexiik I'll bet on weeks or months, why don't these companies just say they dont give a crap about us it would be easier to swallow than nothing at all....

• trenze
    1 posts

@ubi-nacho

I get low rez textures on weapons, armor, posters, companions, NPC's, without the HD pack. Most of the vegetation seems fine.

I'm playing the game on Ultra, at 4K with rez scaling set to 0.8, since the AMD FSR is giving me issues.

32GB Ram
    1TB M.2 SSD (game is installed here)
    Windows 11 (installed on a separate M.2)

------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com: (https://pastebin.com/BF7qH1ct)

• L3X4RS
    2 posts

That is to say that if you have less than 11GB of Vram it will be a problem to use the textures in HD etc... aff 
     Sorry Ubisoft, the game was poorly made and shouldn't even leave the development studio without testing it first. Here I have problems if I turn on Ray Tracing, if I turn the textures on in HD or if I put them in 4K, even though I have enough Vram. There are tons of games that use HD texture packs and Ray Tracing and they work really well. Another detail is that they put in the AMD technology, which is not good, but it works, however, it is not applicable, every time you leave the game and enter it again, you need to turn it on again. It's a shame for the company for a game to leave the studio that way. Don't reach the level of Cyberpunk, or you will have the same problems that CDPR had
    I wanted to play with Ray Tracing and in 4K, but it's impossible
    If I put it in 4K, the game just [censored] with textures and if I turn on Ray Tracing, even playing in 2K, the game just [censored] with textures (HD Texture Pack disabled)

• CorreAktor
    14 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • fatezerox
    1 posts

@ubisushivamp Stop talking about these VRAM requirement marketing bs, an RTX 3080 can even play 30+fps and HD textures pack at 8K(4K 200% Resolution scale) in Far Cry 5 without any issue, and you can clearly see the decdicated VRAM in 8K is just 8000 MB.

So why does the Far Cry 6 HD pack require 11g of vram even in 4k? the only difference is that Far cry 6 uses the new D3D12 renderer, and your D3D12 renderer is an unoptimized buggy mess.

Pics of RTX 3080 running Far Cry 5 in 8k

https://imgur.com/a/yhRsmk2

• Ravnsmod
    13 posts

@eirevin this is exactly the issue I have, thx for posting the pic.
    For Ubi: please note that it is not only with the HD pack.

• iChaosPaladin
    32 posts

Using the Internet, I found information that Watch Dogs Legion uses almost the same game engine as Far Cry 6. I installed this game for a tests, with HD textures and RTX this game actually uses 9GB of video memory based on information in video settings tab (so, its almost of full memory of rtx3080), but i'm not have any problem with textures in WD:L. But based on video settings tab in Far Cry 6, game use ~5.5-6GB VRAM and have issue with blurry textures (with / without HD textures) -_- 

• Master_Wolf_FR
    8 posts

@ubisushivamp Thanks for helping us. Finally... Tell them that the HD Texture Pack isn't the only problem. I don't have it but still got the blurry textures.
    RTX 3070
    SSD 1TO
    Ryzen 5 5600x
    16GO RAM

• eirevin
    7 posts

@ubisushivamp what’s the other thread you guys will be posting updates on? Was Ubisoft able to reproduce the issue already?

• Gnutron360
    5 posts

Can we acknowledge this texture loading problem ISN'T exclusive to the HD texture pack? It might exacerbate the problem, sure but quite a lot of people are having the same texture loading problem without ever having installed the HD texture pack at all. For me personally it feels like a LoD texture streaming problem where the proper textures aren't being triggered to be loaded into memory so it keeps displaying the low res assets as if it was far away. For me It's much more noticeable on things like clothes and gun textures, the instrument panels on vehicles and guns (dial on flamethrower a good example), fence posts and geometry where it clips other geometry (rock to ground etc).

• Derelici0us
    4 posts

My Specs:
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
    32GB RAM
    MSI GeForce RTX™ 3070 GAMING X TRIO 8GB VRAM

Windows 10 64bit
    game installed on SSD

Settings on Ultra,
    NO HD-TEXTURE PACK INSTALLED!!!

I had blurry and low textures throughout the whole intro-mission, especially the face textures during cut scenes where just bad like from a game produced 10 years ago. After landing on the beach I see this

and immediately quit. I hope that this isn't the texture Ubisoft planned to be on Ultra settings in the game 🙂 I'm assuming I'm having the same texture bug as some other guys in this thread. I repeat: No HD-Textures Pack enabled or installed!

A fresh install didnt fix the bug for me.

• sattium85
    107 posts

I wonder why this issue is still not on the list of known issues from October 9th

• SinNombre675
    10 posts

@sattium85 Yeah, that worries me a little.

• BasuruK69
    2 posts

@foulplayfox this fixed the textures on Amigos but the all the weapon textures are still low quality. and cloths and Supremos 😞

• BasuruK69
    2 posts

@sattium85 its as if they are pushing us to buy cards with more VRAM 😞

• Zenplayer8
    8 posts

I have the same problem (rtx 2070), [censored] graphics on max ultra settings and no HD- Textures pack installed. Far cry 1 had better textures lol.

• rk2005_pc
    2 posts

Why is this game such a blurry mess? The textures are low resolution (looks like a PS2 game) The game is purposely blurring the edges of the screen and anything that is close to the player character like the gun or the player's hands. The blurriness makes the game almost impossible to play This is unacceptable and needs to be fixed. It is almost like a depth of field effect is permanently enabled and is intentionally making everything but the center of the screen blurry.

I have
    Ryzen 3900x
    RTX 3080
    3440x1400 monitor

the picture below shows pants on a clothesline that are extremely blurry when it is in the top corner of the screen. If you move your view so the pants are in the center of the screen center they come into focus. This happens on all four sides of the picture. It looks like the same effect that is used to blur out the surroundings when focusing through a gun scope is being applied to the entire game. There needs to be an option to remove this. Having the edges blurry all the time makes your eyes strain to try and focus the screen and causes headaches and eye fatigue. I am amazed that this was not found during testing and addressed.
    undefined

undefined

• rk2005_pc
    2 posts

Why is this game such a blurry mess? The textures are low resolution (looks like a PS2 game) The game is purposely blurring the edges of the screen and anything that is close to the player character like the gun or the player's hands. The blurriness makes the game almost impossible to play This is unacceptable and needs to be fixed. It is almost like a depth of field effect is permanently enabled and is intentionally making everything but the center of the screen blurry.

I have
    Ryzen 3900x
    RTX 3080
    3440x1400 monitor

the picture below shows pants on a clothesline that are extremely blurry when it is in the top corner of the screen. If you move your view so the pants are in the center of the screen center they come into focus. This happens on all four sides of the picture. It looks like the same effect that is used to blur out the surroundings when focusing through a gun scope is being applied to the entire game. There needs to be an option to remove this. Having the edges blurry all the time makes your eyes strain to try and focus the screen and causes headaches and eye fatigue. I am amazed that this was not found during testing and addressed.
    undefined

undefined

• Ac3kas
    1 posts

Do not have HD textures installed and the textures go blurry AF after playing for a while. They've been developing this game for some years and did not notice it???

Suggested Topics