ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tricolour_
    Original poster 8 posts

The gun texture mapping are blurry, as well as the alligator, saddle or clothes are, and judging by the feedback from the community, I'm not alone. 
    I have tried restarting the game or returning to the main menu and then re-entering into the game but it doesn't work. Even with the HD texture pack installed.
    My computer's graphics card is RTX3060 Laptop, and the graphics driver has been updated to the latest.
    Is there any solution to this?
    First time asking for help here, should I attach a screenshot?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have contacted us and have confirmed that they have deployed a fix for blurry textures when the HD texture pack is installed with the release of Title Update 3! The patch was deployed today, Tuesday, December 7, at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET / 3 PM CET. You can read the full patch notes here.

The development team have also provided an additional comment regarding this issue in the patch notes, which you can read below:

Developer comment: We have made some changes for the HD Texture Pack on PC that should decrease the blurriness that appeared for some players when using the HD Texture Pack. When looking into these reports, we are seeing players using graphics cards with less than 12 GB of VRAM available. When using the HD Texture Pack with less than the minimum required VRAM available, the performance and the look of the game can be worse than without the pack.  

Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have less that 12GB of VRAM available, we would recommend uninstalling the HD texture pack.

If you have over 12GB VRAM but under 16GB VRAM, please lower your graphics settings to "High."

If you meet the minimum requirements for HD textures and are still encountering issues with blurry textures after installing the new update, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread so we can notify the development team. When sharing a new report, please can you provide us with the a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the left-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • The blurry textures you are encountering in-game.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud. This support article can help you to do this.

We can then pass these reports to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Aryvian
    13 posts

Same here and I'm really disappointed. Running the game at 4k with HD textures expecting a beautiful game, but some textures are not only 'not' HD, but they're Playstation 1 bad! What the hell Ubisoft, how can something like this leave testing?!
    Examples are the first body armor you find, the alligator, the first backpack with the rockets you get.

• doppyjoe
    3 posts

The games graphics are bugged. Lighting is all messed up and flickering and texture and resolution is all over the place. 
    I have tried reinstalling, verifying files, changing all the settings in game (low to high, different res etc.), but the issues have only gotten worse. 

Here are some clips - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/usdie5uqyzj5hz9/AAA-HdKKmaB7X5txGsxguiVFa?dl=0: (https://dropbox.com/sh/usdie5uqyzj5hz9/AAA-HdKKmaB7X5txGsxguiVFa?dl=0)

• MySiberianHusky
    7 posts

Disable the HD textures and a lot of textures will be sharper.
    This works fine for me and you can see the difference at fonts on books and Dani in the inventory.
    I think there is a bug with the hd textures.
    sorry for my english, i hope you understand that:-)

• FoulplayFox
    2 posts

@doppyjoe I am having the exact same issue. There is a constantly flashing symbol in the center of the screen that says, "Lorem ipsum", like I saw in Your video. I hope there is a fix for this soon.

• MySiberianHusky
    7 posts

Hallo,
    ich habe Probleme mit den HD Texturen. Bei Aktivierung sind viele Texturen matschig und total unscharf,
    insbesondere Poster and der Wand und auch Bücher/Briefe auf den Tischen.
    Pferde und der Alligator sind ebenfalls sehr unscharf und sehen furchtbar aus.
    Nach Deaktivierung der HD Texturen sind die genannten Probleme verschwunden.
    Was ist denn da passiert? Das kann ja so nicht gewollt sein.

• FoulplayFox
    2 posts

@foulplayfox I think that I found a temporary work around/fix for this issue. Well, at least I found one that fixed my issue. Please note that by following these steps You probably will have to reset all of Your in-game settings for key bindings, graphics, HUD, etc. So this is all You have to do:

!) Go to Your C:/ Drive
    2) Locate Your Documents Folder
    3) Open the My Games Folder (This should be the same for everyone)
    4) Open the Far Cry 6 Folder
    5) Copy and Save a backup of all the files in the Far Cry 6 Folder
    6) Delete all of the files inside of the Far Cry 6 Folder
    7) Start Far Cry 6 again (The game will start as though it was installed for the first time and do a full shader install)

I hope this helps!

• sidhvi
    2 posts

I use GTX 1650 SUPER and game runs 60 FPS in ULTRA with slight drops to mid-50s. I have noticed that half of the textures I saw didnt load (mainly mud textures, dress textures) and few of humans have half loaded textures (like JUAN in below screenshot, please see his torso skin texture below his bead necklace). I verified files, uninstalled and reinstalled, enabled and disabled HD TEXTURE (I know, I know!). Can I have a solution for it please?

• duplissi
    1 posts

@mysiberianhusky

I noticed the same issue.

• Tricolour_
    Original poster 8 posts

@mysiberianhusky Nah, I've tried disabling HD texture or even just uninstalling it, but still didn't fix the problem.

• SamBladder
    2 posts

The textures of the clothing and models in the game look extremely muddy and PS2-like. My settings are pretty much set to high-ultra with the exception of the HD texture pack. I've tried exiting into the main menu, desktop, then back into the game. I've tried installing the HD textures then enabling and disabling it to see if that would fix the issue, but alas, it did not. (Note that I have only 4 GB of v-ram on my PC and the game still ran at 60 frames with the HD textures on, despite the game telling me it requires OVER 11 GB, which means something is seriously bugged.)

I'm at my wits end here with these Gamecube creatures. Is there anything that can be done to solve this or am I gonna have to wait for a patch? Because I'm not gonna continue to play until this is fixed.

• CallMeSass
    1 posts

@sambladder please let me know if you see anything as far as an update goes. I'm having the same issue. Guapo and clothing is whats been the worst for me.

• MusicaX79
    14 posts

This appears to be a bug with the HD pack I think the textures are not rendering properly and instead of it being HD it's loading the preload textures only. I'm getting better resolution without it.

• MusicaX79
    14 posts

Can confirm I am also having the same issue. It appears to be loading the lowest res texture in the pack.

• Orochi_Ryder
    1 posts

Me too, I try same as you do but it texture is still muddy

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2171 posts

Hello @doppyjoe,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Can you please provide us with your full PC specs against your graphics settings, so we can have a look? Secondly, can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? This will help you to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

Last, but not least, have you tried @FoulPlayFox workaround by any chance?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • sattium85
    107 posts

With hd texture pack enabled, textures are blurry. Everything looks blurry. RTX 2080 super, ultra settings. Latest Nvidia driver.

• Boskapongen
    2 posts

@sattium85 Yes, same here (RTX3080). I also watched a streamer that had same issue. Easy to tell if you look at the crocs (Guapo) texture, sharp and nice without HD pack, super blurry with the pack. Same with the armor on your character.

• DennisLocke71
    7 posts

Problem with weapon textures on any graphics settings.
    I have enough video memory, but textures are bad. HD pack did not solve the problem.

• doppyjoe
    3 posts

@foulplayfox holy [censored]... this worked! Nice one.

Suggested Topics