ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@mickharnas Does your fps recover after 10 seconds or so when that happens?

• mickharnas
    29 posts

@bladerunner4077

No, no recover, FPS are suspend at all. When I enable Fidelity for exaplme, FPS rise to 18-20 FPS but performance staying dropped. Really don't know why it happens?

• Tanktop_Tarou
    11 posts

Does anyone experience the game freezing/ crashing after the update?
    I'm running the game at the lowest setting. but the game is still freezing/crashing. I wonder what is wrong?

• GiaLinh_5599
    7 posts

Can confirm the texture issue has been resolved. Almost 3 months late but better late than never I guess

• mickharnas
    29 posts

@mickharnas

I can confirm, this problem is exist in 100%, GPU stuck on 100% and I don't know what have to do? Ubi another thing in game is broken? Details few post above.

I think the minimum requirements for HD Texture Pack is completly stupid Ubisoft imaginary. In Far Cry 5 and New Dawn HD Texture Pack working fantastic on GPUs with 4 - 8 GB VRAM, of course in 1080p. Now, Ubi is shooting 11 GB VRAM guys, and players for example with very strong cards RTX 3060, 3070 with 8 or 10 GB VRAM are [censored] by Ubi. This is unbelieveable how great is that [censored]... What about with players who have GTX 1660 or SUPER with 6 GB VRAM and playing on 1080p? 6 GB VRAM is still not enough for 1080p? Really?

• mechcentric
    51 posts

i would like to note that after a few minutes playing with hd texture pack on (which looks so much better, unfortunately), that my game fps drops to around 10-15 from over 60. this may be due to my having "only" 8gb of vram, though i'm wondering why the game can't just utilize my 6 gb of system ram overhead, like most games are able to?

• mickharnas
    29 posts

@mechcentric

Fully agree, game with enable HD Texture Pack looking better. You have same issues like me. Sometimes game start to drops to 10 - 15 FPS after 5 minuts, sometimes after 15 minuts or sometimes after cutscenes or exiting to main menu. Why GPU suspend to 100%? During the playing on Ultra and HDTP enable I have 50 - 60 FPS and I have no regret about that, Ubisoft but why after these few minutes game definitely dropped to 13 FPS and GPU is murdered. W T F?
    In fact - THIS IS ANOTHER ISSUES! THIS IS NOT NORMAL. I'm really frustrated about it.

UBISOFT I give you some concrete example. Cyberpunk 2077 need very much VRAM too, but. On 1080p Cyberpunk is taking my VRAM nearly 5,8 GB, my FPS fall to 40-50 FPS from 60 but I can still playing, any starange issues, any GPU suspend. So don't tell that your problem with game is normal. Never meet that problem in other game.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@mechcentric System RAM is extremely slow and the game would slow to a crawl when using that. In my experience the game really needs around 13-14GB of VRAM but the 12GB VRAM GPUs can get by since only around 2GB of system RAM is used and the bulk of the textures are already loaded in memory so the texture swapping won't be that often so minimal stutters. If you have 8GB, the game will store around 5GB in syste mram but it will constantly stutter when grabbing textures from there

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@mickharnas I think it was done as a marketing game for AMD cards just like how Cyberpunk markets RTX everywhere since NVIDIA is much better at it than AMD. The stock textures use just 5GB of VRAM and don't look good. The HD Textures look extremely detailed but a nice middle ground would be around 10GB of VRAM usage at 4k like all of the non sponsored games out there

• burnsarm2
    4 posts

Confirm the Texture issue has been resolved With HD Texture ON !!!
    My Spec
    8700k + RTX 3070 + Ram 32
    Good Job

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5617 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread following the release of Title Update 3, as well as sharing your feedback regarding the investigation that took place.

@MarcelDuchampo, @Daitan86, @GiaLinh_5599 & @burnsarm2 - Thank you for confirming that the issue has been resolved for you 😄

@mickharnas & @mechcentric - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering FPS drops and stuttering following the release of TU3. We have two ongoing Megathread for similar issues that I recommend checking out. If you think the FPS drops you're experiencing matches one of these issues, please can you share your report in the dedicated Megathread, as this will help us to investigate further:

@Tanktop_Tarou - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes following the release of TU3. I'd recommend sharing your report in our dedicated Megathread for this issue, so we can investigate this further without going off-topic within this thread about blurry textures.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • mechcentric
    51 posts

@ubi-borealis a workaround i found is to toggle off dxr reflections in menu, then hang in the menu for a bit, go back to game, then turn dxr back on. will probably have to do this every so many minutes. this tells me that i just don't have enough vram for both. 😞

• Aex_Khves
    45 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Aex_Khves
    45 posts

@bladerunner4077 why is this game have 4GB VRAM in minimal system requirements if I need at least 5GB for load all of this garbage textures?

• Aex_Khves
    45 posts

@ubi-borealis nice fix, Ubi. I'm very excited to pay full price and don't play this game since launch for look at this garbage today
    https://imgur.com/LeAHcli

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of blurry textures in-game.

@mechcentric - Thanks for sharing your workaround within this thread! If you are unsure of how much VRAM you have available, you can check this information within a DxDiag or reach out to your GPU manufacturer for more support.

@Aex_Khves - I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing blurry textures in-game. Would you be able to confirm what your system specs are? If you have the HD texture pack installed and don't meet the requirements for this texture pack, you will encounter performance issues in-game. You can check the minimum requirement for Far Cry 6 here.

If you meet the minimum requirements for HD textures and are still encountering blurry textures, can you please can you provide us with the a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the left-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • The blurry textures you are encountering in-game.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud. This support article can help you to do this.

We can then forward this to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Aex_Khves
    45 posts

@ubi-borealis is it okay for Ubisoft to sell a broken game without any compensation? I can't play since release. The year is over and nothing has changed
    https://imgur.com/qPdJngg

• Ubi-Borealis

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing blurry textures in-game, @Aex_Khves. Thank you for sharing a video with us. Would you be able to let us know what your system specs are (CPU/GPU)? This information isn't present in the video you have provided. If you have the HD textures pack installed and don't meet the requirements for the pack, then you will encounter performance issues in-game. If you don't meet the requirements for the HD texture pack, then I would recommend that you uninstall the texture pack to prevent any issues from occurring in-game.

If you don't have the HD texture pack installed, knowing your system specs is still very helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Aex_Khves
    45 posts

@ubi-borealis
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kzWm77ccgykiZpX-GN4Rq7ZHJAlWBv15/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kzWm77ccgykiZpX-GN4Rq7ZHJAlWBv15/view?usp=sharing)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qu0xjsl4ceKfCqu43lf1s7i3fC-I5pk1/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qu0xjsl4ceKfCqu43lf1s7i3fC-I5pk1/view?usp=sharing)

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2252 posts

Hey there @aex_khves , thanks for sending these two files across to us.

Your system has 4GB of VRAM on your Radeon RX 480 graphics card. The requirements for the HD texture pack are 12GB of VRAM. Please note that VRAM is not the same as ordinary system RAM (of which you have 16GB) - the VRAM is specific to the graphics card, and only used for graphics processing. We recommend uninstalling the HD Texture Pack from your system, to see better performance overall.

Please let me know if I can clarify this further, or if you've any furhter thoughts or questions.

Official Response

Suggested Topics