ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CatherineCat93
    29 posts

After reading through all sorts of forums and posts about this issue.. it seems like the blurry textures are more frequent on newer GPU's such as AMD's later RX series and Nvidia's RTX (20xx, 30xx) series, aswell as the next gen consoles since they also use AMD hardware. On my end with a 1080Ti, all the textures stay high res, except a few select ones such as speedometers in vehicles (mostly helicopters) and randomly a gun, or a plant, but it's extremely rare to happen, with or without HD Textures pack.

Does this happen (if at all) to others with non RTX gpu's?

• Ice_breaker007
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ice_breaker007
    4 posts

Well I am very disappointed. Have read of the HD texture pack problems, thought well, don't download the HD texture pack, it will run on the rtx 3070. Well, unfortunately not ....Certain buildings etc. just have empty textures and look like 1995. With and without ray tracing, different drivers etc. The vram load is then between 6.5 and 7.5 gb, but the textures simply do not load. It looks really ugly. And nothing helps here (also reduced ingame settings).

I don't have good memories of ubisoft, neither in ghost recon breakpoint they fixed the flickering screen space shadows, nor did they fix the pixelated water in assasins creed valhalla.

This is probably about a lot of money, and I don't think you are even allowed to fix that according to amd. That would be bad for amd. Because the vram problem is the only thing that amd can point out positively. It's hard that I have to experience something like that in the gaming area, but you can see that money rules the world. The publisher doesn't care as long as the money fits. The gamer is a minor matter.

I see it realistically and, as always, ubisoft appeases, but experience has shown that there will be no fix. It would of course be desirable if the textures would look normal without the HD textures pack, and not like 20 years ago. But I don't think it will happen.

For my part, it was definitely the last ubisoft game, as this time, in my opinion, it went over the target. A fix would be a miracle.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

I just got a program to monitor my vram usage and as long as I keep it below the 11gb my 2080ti has the game runs perfect with no texture drop. I can run it in 4k with no hd textures but everything else maxed and even dxr with no texture drop. With these settings it uses about 9.5gb of vram.
    I tested the game with everything turned off or on low at 1080p and it used between 4.5gb to 4.9gb of vram. That is why people with 4gb cards need to turn everything down and even then I don't know if it would work.
    Also I just seen on the ubisoft website it now says a minimum of 16gb for HD textures. That why I have to turn dxr off and volumetric fog to medium so I don't lose textures.

• katzenkrimis71
    229 posts

Valhalla was the game that had, and still has, a blurry textures issues. Mainly due to Odin's sight.

This game looks really nice on my computer. And I never even bothered downloading the HD texture pack, despite having a powerhouse desktop.

My lord, there is so much variety in this game, too. It makes Cyberpunk look like dog crap.

You couldn't even fly in Cyberpunk, and that game was supposed to take place in 2070?

Haha...what a joke.

You couldn't swim properly in Cyberpunk, either. And the bodies of water looked like they were designed by a four-year-old using Paint.net.

You can do almost anything in this game. It's crazy fun. And it looks gorgeous.

• Vi6e
    2 posts

While driving a car, the car dashboard is completely blurred. Also the rearview mirror reflections are not working

• Darrel_RF
    5 posts

@flybyme download hd texture pack and turn it on. no one has any troubles with standart textures

• Darrel_RF
    5 posts

@tcul1972 you run the game without HD texture pack

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

@vi6e Please post here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/post/610002

and follow the procedure it takes only 5 minutes.

• VGoth
    10 posts

Blurry textures are only half the battle. How is it that in 2021 I have to set the game settings so that I can get acceptable performance with the picture quality of 2011? Farc Cry 3 - 2021! Is this progress? ..

• MeMeY.RGB
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • CrailJast
    17 posts

@catherinecat93

Yes, i can confirm that up to the 900 series (i have a Geforce960) the texture problem still occurs. It seems a relative few GPU's are having either milder problems, or basically none. But the fast majority of the GPU's, regardless of it being AMD or Nvidia, seem to have this issue. As stated before it is very reminiscent of the game loading placeholder textures and never loading in the actual high res textures due to bad VRAM implementation. I know Rage (2) had this issue way back when it first launched, were the textures never loaded/streamed in properly on many systems. And a select few games in the past have had this issue too.

It still remains a absolute sham that a game that runs on a engine this old cant keep texture resolutions atleast decent on both high end and mid GPU's. What we are currently getting is Elderscrolls Morrowind graphics in 2021, that's ridiculous. It is also weird that it only effects some textures, for me Dani has high/med res textures on some parts of clothing, but low res on backpack/supremo's and all add-ons like armor plates and belts.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@rixhendfr The ubisoft website says 16GB vram minimum to run HD pack. I have 11GB 2080ti and I cant run it maxed out but if I turn down some things I can run it without blurry textures.
    With only 8GB you might be able to run it with everything on low or almost low. Also if you enable fidelityfx super resolution even if you set it to ultra quality it will allow you to turn other settings higher.

• Ampee1
    164 posts

Same here, 8GB video card. HD textures on=blurry textures. Off=no problem.

• SinNombre675
    10 posts
    Does this happen (if at all) to others with non RTX gpu's?

Yes, I had a GTX 980 until yesterday and had massive problems with the textures when playing on medium settings even though I met all minimum requirements.

• SinNombre675
    10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • boruteferra
    1 posts

for me I use 3090 and i still get the issue you're having. To top it off no matter what low settings i set it to, i get fps in 40s-50s.

• ScreaminSilence
    12 posts

can you help me with the savegame loop bug? add: ScreaminSilence

• Dameme_Ranger
    1 posts

@Ubi-Viral
    case:15497810.

Some of the texture mapping in the game is blurry.The gun texture mapping are blurry, as well as the alligator, saddle or clothes are,I've tried disabling HD texture or even just uninstalling it, but still didn't fix the problem. I just want to play a good game~

Do you have FIidelityFX Super Resolution on? and if yes with what settings? answer: off, but i try every mode,is the same wrong
    Do you have Fidelity FX CAS on or off? answer: off, but i try to open it,still the same

Suggested Topics