ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CrailJast
    17 posts

@kevinsyslo2

Like he just said, texture resolution is not nearly that memory intensive as you assume. Wether they ar low or high res, it doesn't suddenly need 8gb more VRAM. Nor does it have such a high impact on your FPS. Honestly i would be fine with some FPS drop if i could just get some decent textures.

Besides, textures in this game are hardly that much better then older games, so how can they do it right on similar large scale worlds, yet this game cant.

• danielowyyyy
    7 posts

I am wondering how long will it take for them to fix this mess...
    What a crap company

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@crailjast The ubisoft website now says you need a minimum of 16GB vram for HD texture pack @ 4K.

• CrailJast
    17 posts

@kevinsyslo2
    we are not talking 4K and hd pack dude, we are talking at normal resolutions of below 4K and no HD pack. yet even then the texture bug is happening.

I myself have a medium setup PC that doesnt support 4K, yet the least i can ask for is some decent resolution textures. Not this blurry 1990 stuff. I'm not asking for 4K high resolution quality myself. But lets face it it affects so manny people regardless of high or med specs that it is absurd.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@crailjast I know it was happening to me too until I reduce settings low enough that my hardware can handle it. Now I have no problem.
    I'm not saying there isn't something wrong but if you reduce your settings low enough the texture bug goes away.

• danielowyyyy
    7 posts

@kevinsyslo2 Bug appears even without HD textures, resolution or quality presets doesn't have anything to do with that.

• CrailJast
    17 posts

@kevinsyslo2
    Even if i set the game at all Low settings the bug doesnt go away. Manny textures remain perfectly decent, yet the blurry ones remain.

And lets be honest, a company like ubisoft cant just go and make it so only twitch streamers with 4000 dollar pc's can play their games just for giggles. Not every person has that kind of sratch, yet they are paying customers. The current situation means that those that fall well within the minimum specs for the game are still faced with the fact they are forced to lower their graphical quality and yet still endure bugs like this.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@crailjast Did you turn them down with the preset. If not try this it is the only way the game turns down PostFxQuality and I think this is what is causing most of the problem.
    And do a restart. Sometimes once the textures get corrupted it's the only way to clear the vram.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@kevinsyslo2 where does it say that?

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@darkrtx2080 Read my previous post from about an hour ago.

• CrailJast
    17 posts

@kevinsyslo2

Yes i tried that too, i haven't tried the above post about editing the xml file in that specific way, but previous edits didn't help me either, so i am not very hopeful.

PS, sorry if my previous replies sounded a bit judgy, not my intend to do so. Thx for the replies though.

• VGoth
    10 posts

MSI Vega 64 8GB Monitor 4K.
    So, the solution has been found. No more blurry textures.
    (Most likely suitable for anyone with 8GB VRAM cards)

The main thing: the real use of VRAM (Afterburner) for this video card should not exceed 5.6GB (70%). Apparently this is Ubisoft's strategy. Performance at the expense of quality. You can forget about a beautiful picture, as it was in FC5 and FCND. Gameplay is a priority😞 .

Windows Mode: Full Screen
    Display Resolution: 2560x1440 (4K Display!)

Texture Filtering: Ultra
    Shadows: High
    G & V: High
    Environment: High
    Water: Ultra
    Terrain: Ultra
    Volumetric Fog: Ultra
    HD Textures: off

Anti-Aliasing: TAA
    DXR: off
    FidelityFX CAS: on

Resolution Scale: 1.2
    FidelityFX Super Resolution: off

Before making the settings, reset all the settings to their defaults!

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@crailjast It doesn't solve the problem but it will let you raise your graphics higher before you get texture drop. And if you keep your settings below that everything will stay clear.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@crailjast No problem. Just trying to help.

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

I'm worried to see that this thread already reaches 22 pages (this is the most active forum thread) of reports for the same problem and that it is still not in the thread of the Ubisoft support investigations. https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/111485/reported-issue-megathread-list-check-here-for-your-issue-updated-11-10-2021?lang=en-US

• MiiaTheLamia59
    6 posts

@vgoth what the actual [censored] are you on about

• SinNombre675
    10 posts

@catherinecat93 Yeah, it did suck. I'm lucky though because I finally got my new PC yesterday. Upgraded to RTX 3070 and now I've been able to play the game on ultra settings (no HD texture pack) with very few issues. Although most textures are much better, a few of them (for example the hat on the dashboard in the car) look very bad still, which is strange. I don't get it. I also don't get why it works quite well for me now but not for several others with the same or even better GPUs.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@sinnombre675 The hat is looking bad because even with no HD Textures you are running out of VRAM. On my 3080 Ti, it looks decent.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@darkrtx2080 Recommended configurations for higher resolutions in Far Cry 6 | Ubisoft Help
    Down next to bottom it says Please note that the minimum requirement for running the HD Texture Pack for Far Cry 6 is 16GB of VRAM. If you download and run the HD Texture Pack with lower VRAM capabilities, you will encounter performance issues while playing. 

• VGoth
    10 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics