• zerotery
    7 posts

@aex_khves try to disable DXR feature

• Aex_Khves
    45 posts

@zerotery it's disabled by default. I even can't turn it on

• ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

At first, everything would be fine, the textures are normal, everything is fine, but after a while, with rapid movement, transfers from transport to transport, after the screen saver, weapons, clothes, dashboards of transport break down, they get very dirty.This is an obvious jamb of the game can leak memory.In addition, every time you exit the game, the FSR dram is turned off, you have to turn it on all the time.
    Graphics settings: 4K,ultra/high settings,textures are turned off in HD quality,the transmitter is on
    My configuration: i9 9900K, 32 GB RAM, rtx 2080 8 GB.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@grzehoo87 You are running out of VRAM on your 3070 Ti which is why the game is swapping low res assets. The game has some sort of absurd VRAM head-room of 2GB which it maintains after which the rest of your VRAM is available for your game to use. So on your 3070 Ti, the game will keep around 2GB as headroom and will only use 6GB for the HD Texture pack which isn’t enough as it needs at least 11GB of VRAM. Turning off the pack will fix it but not entirely because even the stock textures need more than 6GB of vram.

I recommend you watch the VRAM allocation on an RTX 3090 on youtube. You will see the VRAM usage never drop below 10GB and there are no issues related to the low res assets. No nvidia card can run the hd pack apart from 3090

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@alucard2015 You need at least 10GB of VRAM for the stock textures to load properly at 4K. Your 2080 lacks their absurd vram needs.

• ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

@darkrtx2080 Again, I repeat why at first everything is beautiful and clear and only after a while everything spoils?

• Cookies_Nom
    4 posts

@alucard2015 try backdating nvidia drivers to 471.96 has been working super well for me. Before 90% of the textures would look blury and now only around 5% do on occasion.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@alucard2015 Because all textures haven’t yet loaded yet. It will start loading low res assets only when the headroom they have set is breached. My VRAM usage spiked from 5.9GB to 7.3GB in 2 hours of Play time

• ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

@darkrtx2080 I wonder if the future DirectStorage technology will somehow be able to solve such problems?Purely theoretically.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

Do not roll back your nvidia drivers. The new driver 496.13 has a new shader cache option that lets you select how much hard drive space it uses. If you have the room to set it too unlimited and then go to( this pc> documents>my games> far cry 6 ) and delete everything in this folder it will force the game to do the shader cache again just like the first time you ran it. I just did this and now I can play with everything maxed out on 4k with HD pack on and even all raytracing on with fidelityfx super resolution set to ultra quality and I only have my guns lose texture sometimes. But when I switch between them they come back.
    If I turn off ray tracing I have no problems at all and I am using 2080ti which has 11GB VRAM. It increased the performance of my gpu and decreased the VRAM load by about 10%.

Also if you decrease the postfx quality to medium or low it will make the guns look clearer. For some reason when it is on high it makes the guns have a slight blur.
    If you don't know how to do this see my earlier post on page 21. It's the third one from the top.

• Agent_CobaltXD
    10 posts

@kevinsyslo2 How do you change your shader cache limits please let me know, I think this fix might finally work...

• xSonec4
    1 posts

My game is set to ultra, I already installed the texture pack in HD, but the game still has blurry textures.

• Rackham_Jack
    9 posts

@kevinsyslo2 I just tested this solution and it didn't change anything for me, guns are still blurry and the guapo got even worse lol. I don't know if this is something with my save or the game's bugs but none of the solutions so far have come close to solving this issue. I uninstalled the game, I'm so tired of it all that I think I'll just wait until I get news of a miracle update while I play something else. Ubisoft lost a lot in this release

• Mersaldir
    10 posts

This is the answer from support, although I had mentioned several times that the washed out textures also occur without activating the HD pack:

"Your graphics card has 11 GB VRAM, but 16 GB are required for the HD pack. That's why your textures are washed out."

I give up with you dear Ubisoft...I really give up.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@rackham_jack open the xbox game bar while your playing and make sure your VRAM stays below 80% and you should not have texture drop.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@agent_cobaltxd Go to nvidia control panel.

• Agent_CobaltXD
    10 posts

@rackham_jack bro you have to delete your save files first like permanently and then start the game

• A Former User
    0 posts

@agent_cobaltxd Why would you need to delete your savefiles?

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

@mortilla_ you wont lose your saved game it is backed up by ubisoft connect.

Suggested Topics