ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

@kevinsyslo2 😂 insane

• gRzeHoO87
    10 posts

I've installed New Dawn with HD textures and I believe that only thing they can do is to "unlock" full VRAM usage(i know, everyone knows that).
    It definitely will help with all kind of textures for all 1080p gamers, but <1440p with 8GB will be screwed anyway, as older...
    New Dawn sits on 7.4 to 7.6 GB of VRAM in prologue with HD textures on all Ultra 1440p. I've no idea how memory hungry the game is after that.
    We all already know that Ubi totally screwed up. I just wonder who will help first. Them or the modders? Whoever it's going to be...I'll probably finish the game before any fix, just like most of us.

• Nemanja_99
    23 posts

@grzehoo87 I don't keep playing until this is fixed.

Too bad we paid so much money and didn’t get a quality game, I mean performance and optimization

• ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

I turned off ray and shadow tracing, set the FSR to quality mode and the texture doesn't seem to blur anymore.It's a pity, of course, but with the RTX effect it's much more beautiful.Need edits already that much time has passed

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@syklonis01 I think you are getting worse image quality by turning off RT Reflections. The reason turning them off is fixing the issue for you is due to RT reflections taking up 500MB of VRAM. When that’s turned off it’s freeing enough vram buffer to load all textures.

Personally I think RT Reflections add more to the experience than the HD Textures as you won’t notice the latter unless you go up close to examine them in detail.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@alucard2015 Because turning both off frees 800MB of VRAM but again your gpu is right on the edge for the game’s vram usage.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@kevinsyslo2 FSR Super Resolution is reducing VRAM usage by 2 gigs so even at low settings the game is using at least 6GB of vram natively. This is insane.

• ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

@bladerunner4077 Played a little more than 1 hour msi afterburner showed 5500-5600 MB of video memory usage

• RegZieeeX
    29 posts

I think I've managed to get the textures to work for me mostly, I have still noticed them occasionally bugging out but seem to come back after a while by keeping the VRAM usage under 6GB (out of 8 as I have a 3070) however this is still really pathetic and needs to be fixed ASAP. I was able to play FC5 at 1440p, Ultra, with the HD textures AND played with the resolution scale at 2x and it looked and played fantastic. Here with FC6 I'm stuck playing at 1440p, Medium, no HD textures, no ray tracing, resolution scale at 1x. How is this the case? C'mon Ubisoft this should be one of the #1 priority fixes. I could care less about some minor bugs and such the game has but the textures and overall poor performance is really bad. Game has been out over a week and still you don't seem to know what the problem is or when it'll be fixed.

• Bakvalan
    8 posts

I won´t play it until they fix it. I paid too much money.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@regzieeex Also note that the PS5 is running the HD Texture pack along with all settings on high. If with equivalent settings you are facing problems, the game is borked.

• danielowyyyy
    7 posts

I have done some more testing now and after two hours of playing bug didn't appear at all. I have RTX 3070 and after going back to 479.16 driver I am able to play at 1440p all settings maxed out except HD textures and the bug isn't coming back at all 🤙 👏 😊

• ALUCARD2015
    13 posts

@bladerunner4077 Someone warned that in the PC version textures and HD textures may not be displayed correctly

• As1r0nimo
    354 posts

Just adding an additional feedback. Texture streaming doesn't work properly. Guapo amigo, shirts and, especially, fire effects are HORRIBLE. Like i'm playing Half-life 1. Even worse.
    After reloading the game, for a few moments (not every reloading, btw) things getting good. But after any loading in game, like after death respawn or fast travel, makes the engine to reload textures and all i can see again is 64*64 pixel nonsense instead of a fire. I would be totally fine about Guapo and shirts, but fire - hell no. All explosions look SO bad, that it makes me want to refund the game (i love it so far, though).
    Ryzen 5 1600
    16gb ram
    rx 470 4gb ram.
    High-very high settings (nothing changes), FSR on and off.

• The_R9X
    8 posts

Here on a RTX 2060, playing at 1080p, there are two scenarios. Both with HD Textures DISABLED. I didn't even downloaded the pack.

If I turn RT on, the textures of guns and the speedometer of cars get blurry immediately. If I turn RT off the textures works fine for hours, but if I go to a base camp, the blurry come back on the guns and the speedometer of cars. I can fix this going back to the menu and reloading the game.

Even at low settings, if I go to a base camp the textures start to get blurry. The VRAM bar says that I'm using 3.81GB of my RTX 2060, but in the game MSI Afterburner says the game is using somewhere between 5GB and 5.4GB. In both cases, less than 6GB available on my card.

6GB was always enough in all my games, even with ray tracing, because I play at 1080p. What is wrong with far cry 6? I can't even play at low settings? Ubisoft should fix this.

• Ravzir
    24 posts

@the_r9x Yeah, same for me with 8GB. Even Cyberpunk was using over 7GB and worked fine with ultra and psycho RT, even if the FPS was going lower... I don't understand why this game gives me 90+ FPS but still looks like crap. It should prioritize quality, since I set it to Ultra, so FPS should be lowered...

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@the_r9x Even at 1080p, the game needs a minimum of 8GB VRAM. Your 2060 cannot handle these vram needs.

• The_R9X
    8 posts

@bladerunner4077 Right sure, even at low settings a 2060 cannot run this game. Sure you right 🙄

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • As1r0nimo
    354 posts

@bladerunner4077 Who the **** put a like to you?
    The game simply can't stream textures right 100% of the time. That is the engine problem, not ANY hardware.

Suggested Topics