ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• horris_88
    3 posts

isn`t it interesting that nobody of Ubisoft cares about that problem or atleast somebody writing anythin in this topic that they are working on that problem like they told me for the texture problems in AC valhalla a month ago btw the problems in valhalla are known since release...

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

@RegZieeeX Usually with my specs I play all the games in 4K even Metro Exodus which is full raytracing, shadows, lights, reflections, Global illumination etc ... And this FC6 blocks my Vram 2GB below its maximum and in 2K without the DXR on shadows, only reflections.

What a huge disappointment, it's a shame because I like this game, and in 4K with all the DXR activated it must be beautiful but in the immediate future it is impossible.

I hope a fix will correct this problem.

• CrailJast
    17 posts

If you want to know how long we might wait for this to be fixed, just look up the Arc of Elan bow bug from Valhalla, that bug has been around since launch day, and has yet to be fixed for i believe both PC and Consoles.

For those interested:
    Valhalla release: 10 nov 2020
    So that's nearly 1 year now

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

This is when the textures load incorrectly for me (after about 30 minutes of play). Between 9.5GB and 9.8GB, I have to restart the game to get corrected textures.

My card is 11GB but the game allocates 2GB of dynamic memory as Vram, while my Vram is not at its maximum, it's inconsistent and the first time I see a game doing this.

• webartist30
    21 posts

@foulplayfox Thank you thank you thank you Fox!!!!! It worked, for f's sake why couldnt Ubisoft have figured this out and give us the temp fix. Unbelievable company.

• AustinGamers176
    6 posts

@ter4patrick yeah I know I need to swap the weapon to remove it

• Dr_Locomotive
    15 posts
    @foulplayfox Thank you thank you thank you Fox!!!!! It worked, for f's sake why couldnt Ubisoft have figured this out and give us the temp fix. Unbelievable company.

Don't get too excited. Problem comes back soon. It fixed my issue for 10 minutes. You hit a cutscene and same issue appears again. Unfortunately. At least for me it is. Please let me know if your fix sticks.

• andywong2022
    2 posts

@dr_locomotive the only way to solve the blurry texture issues so far is to revert the nvidia driver back to 471.96 and it worked nicely without HD texture pack on my 3060.

• Dr_Locomotive
    15 posts

@andywong2022 Thanks for reply. I was actually going to give your solution a try, and also try couple of other options, tonight. I will report back with results. Hope we can figure something out together as Ubisoft is really stagnation on this one.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@andywong2022 With 471.96, you lose Resizable BAR support for FC6 and the game runs around 5-10 fps slower.

• As1r0nimo
    354 posts

@bladerunner4077 If it's still 50+ - who cares, really?))
    I have 50+ on ultra, but since the textures are a piece of crap, i don't really care about the game. I'd rather see long loading times (currently it's around 5-6 seconds) instead of 1999 year textures. Hell, even Half-life 1 textures are better than those bloody placeholders.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your reports. I merged few other threads regarding this issue into one and I created this megathread to keep track of this issue more efficiently.

I can see that this issue has been already reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Can you please confirm what drivers are you currently using, as we received reports that rolling back to the version of Nvidia 471.96 resolved this issue for some players?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this!

Official Response
  • Lancezerkir
    11 posts

@ubi-mark bukan baju display engkau takleh try, takde lagu cliche buat lu high, banyak masalah ada jalan keluar, simpan barang sulit dalam kocek seluar, sama sama kita fly, tolong cakap HI bila jumpa maria, benda dah lepas kita boleh cakap bye, macam baju distress pakai masih style. what I said doesn't make sense like yours here, we tried EVERYTHING nothing works, its the game itself not optimized on PC maybe on console too.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @Lancezerkir!

As mentioned by my colleague @Ubi-Mark, the development team have been notified about blurry textures in-game, and they are investigating this issue further. They have been able to reproduce this issue during testing, and are looking into what could potentially be causing these blurry textures to occur in-game. Our team is currently forwarding all of the reports than have been shared with us with the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

As part of the investigation, we would like to collect some additional information from players. The development teams have asked if affected players can provide us with as much of the following information. To ensure that we gather all of the requested information, I suggest using the following report template:

• Do you have FidelityFX Super Resolution on? If yes, with what settings?
    • Do you have FidelityFX CAS on or off?
    • Can you please confirm the version of drivers you are currently using?
    • Can you please share images/a video which show your video settings in-game? Ideally, it would be great to see your setting with and without the HD texture pack. I'd recommend uploading any media to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.
    • Can you please open a support ticket and submit your DxDiag for further investigation, as the development team are interested at taking a closer look at these for further investigation. Once you have opened a support ticket, please share your ticket number with us so we can ensure this is included in your report to the development team.

In the meantime, we've had some successful workarounds shared by players within this thread that we would recommend trying if you haven't already:

• Rolling back your Nvidia drivers to an earlier version (some players have mentioned that Nvidia 471.96 resolved the issue for them)
    • Lowering your in-game settings to "High" or "Medium."
    • Uninstalling the HD texture pack. You can do this by checking the "Owned DLC" section for an uninstall button.

Once we have any updates to share with you all from the investigation, we will share these details within this thread.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Daitan86
    60 posts

@ubi-mark Even with that version, even after file analysis, amd FSR ON/off we tried everything. If you are using HD texture pack after 10 minutes the textures become like those of a PS2 game, witnessed by players with 3080, 3070, 3080ti.
    Please don't write the 16 gb story of vram yet, because on ps5 the hd textures work correctly, and they don't work on 3080? it's a joke ?
    We are patient but at least we would like to hear that you are working on it, this is because there is not much to investigate, the problem has been known since day one.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @DevilKaZuya83!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering blurry textures in-game. I'd like to reassure you that the development team are taking a closer look at this issue, and that they've been able to reproduce these textures during testing.

If you haven't already, would you be able to provide us with any of the information requested in my earlier post? We can then forward your report to the development team for use in the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • As1r0nimo
    354 posts
    • Do you have FidelityFX Super Resolution on? If yes, with what settings? On and Off - nothing changes.
    • Do you have FidelityFX CAS on or off? On and Off - nothing changes.
    • Can you please confirm the version of drivers you are currently using? Amd 21.9.1

https://imgur.com/a/lJgkvz0
    System:
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    16gb RAM 2133
    Radeon rx 470 4gb
    Windows 10 pro
    Btw, here is an additional report from the other player on Reddit. He is also a PC user.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/qb6vim/the_irrigation_animation_in_the_new_special/

• IOS76
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis
    dxdiag info
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RN5AByICdm1XzXwdgcIOpBm5YtQZ8BMU/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RN5AByICdm1XzXwdgcIOpBm5YtQZ8BMU/view?usp=sharing)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15o64mx0XmcBKlAVEQGOlV9M3h45hLKAE/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/15o64mx0XmcBKlAVEQGOlV9M3h45hLKAE/view?usp=sharing)

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@ubi-borealis @ubi-mark ok no problem

• Do you have FidelityFX Super Resolution on? If yes, with what settings? OFF
    • Do you have FidelityFX CAS on or off? ON
    • Can you please confirm the version of drivers you are currently using? I'm using the last drivers now, but I'd tried the old too,same problem
    • My problem is only when I use HD Texture pack, without the game working properly, but don't ask me to play without, with 3080 I want to play the game as full potential, otherwise I'd rather not play with it and ask refund.

I play 1440p, Cpu ryzen 5600x

• Lancezerkir
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis lol bot response

Suggested Topics