ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@bladerunner4077 Hell no, I did not sell as much they hoped... peoples watching spots with blurry texture thought it was the graphics of the game.

• Ravzir
    24 posts

@devilkazuya83 I get the same even with RT off, on 3070 at 1080p ultrawide... even like this though, I found myself playing it so much, that I've almost finished it... 😞

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

Usually Ubisoft is much faster than this at releasing the first patch. Don’t know what’s going on.

• sattium85
    107 posts

@bladerunner4077 It looks like they knew about the problem before the game was released and didn't fix it. I'm afraid this fix won't be quick, if at all ..

• Kalitheman
    12 posts

@jotarodazpa

Here it is :

Intel I7
    MSI 3070 8GB
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 10
    Latest Nvidia drivers.

The goal is to keep the ingame VRAM indicator below 4,2 GB if you have a 8GB GPU.
    My conclusions are that this ingame VRAM is not accurate as many players stated that with external VRAM indicators they read over 6 GB VRAM
    while ingame reads 4GB.

Setup :

Everything Ultra
    Turn off HD, and both DXR " OFF"
    Fidelity FX Resolution " ON" setting at Ultra
    Fidelity CAS " ON"
    VSync " OFF"
    You should get about 4,2 VRAM in the ingame indicator.

Tell me if it works...

• CatherineCat93
    29 posts

I think it would've been a good idea if they released FC6 with both a DX11 and DX12 Renderer (or even better, Vulkan instead of DX12). They already perfected DX11 with all the FC releases over the years, and threw out all of that experience in favor of 1/4th resolution direct x raytracing. Which only includes daytime shadows, and the reflections are buggy to some extent aswell, unfortunately. Because previous far cry titles with HD texture packs (and without) ran without a single issue regarding texture streaming.

Far cry primal, and new dawn both run without any problems related to textures on my dated but still going strong 1080ti card with 11gb of vram, at maxed settings and even near native 4k. Without any textures going blurry or the game hanging itself up.. why can't far cry 6 be like that? it doesn't really look any better textures wise.

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

@bladerunner4077 In my opinion it is happening that they wanted to add DX12 and DXR raytracing on a 2012 engine, here is what happens.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2143 posts

Hey @sattium85, I sincerely apologise for the delay. I can confirm that this has since been added to our list of known issues. You can find our dedicated post about this here. If you have any other questions or issues, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Official Response
  • Ravzir
    24 posts

I tried to get lower ingame indicator usage. I had all on Ultra, reflections on, 2560x1080, everything else default. Ingame showing 4.45/7.45.
    I loaded up in a city (don't remember the name, in the East coast). From the start I had 6906MB usage with Afterburner.
    Changed rendering resolution to 0.7, so that I get below 4.2, I had 4.13/7.45.
    Restarted the game, checked the settings to see if they remained, all good.
    Entered the game, same place, almost exactly the same usage.... 6800 and something MB... how would resolution decreasing not use even less VRAM?! I don't even get 100MB less doing this...

• Nemanja_99
    23 posts

@ubistorm
    My specifications are:
    CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g 3.6GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX1650 4GB
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

I want to play on high settings 1080p with factory textures, which I can do, the game works very nicely, it's a good fps, I have about 50 fps in the game.

Just that problem around those blurred textures and nothing more.

I repeat again that I hope for a patch that will fix this because this also happens to people with much stronger graphics cards.

• As1r0nimo
    345 posts

@ravzir Because the engine doesn't load anything else. Only one pack of textures. By default there are low res placeholders, that are in place BEFORE textures loading. So, the engine load textures, looks at your free Vram and that's it.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ravzir Lowering resolution doesn't seem to lower VRAM as you might think. Going from 4k to 1440p, which is twice as easy to run merely freed 900MB of RAM. Scaling below 1440p will give you even lower than that.

Try using FSR Ultra Quality instead of render resolution. Should reduce VRAM consumption by 1GB easily.

• Daitan86
    60 posts

Someone tested the game with the last-generation AMD cards with the textures hd ? I'd like to hear their experience.

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@as1r0nimo @bladerunner4077 Test conducted, FSR ultra quality,I tried to put everything on medium, and even on low, you don't earn enough vram to allow you to work the HD Textures well. There's nothing we can do. We need a patch at all.

• MiiaTheLamia59
    6 posts

@devilkazuya83 Its not HD textures
    But it is normal textures, on a non GPU, can you believe that?
    The crap wont even work on my 1650

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@devilkazuya83 How much vram is being used with FSR Ultra Quality and High settings? As a last resort, can you try FSR Quality? It will reduce vram consumption by around 800MB which may be enough.

I wouldn’t bother reducing the graphics settings at all. They didn’t meaningfully reduce vram usage for me. Certainly nowhere near as much as FSR.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@miiathelamia59 The GTX 1650 is below the minimum requirements for the game. It won’t run good on that GPU.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ribellu__ What’s worse is they did all this work migrating to DX12 and the RTX is completely unnoticeable nullifying all their hard work. Also, DX12 is supposed to assist in CPU bottlenecking situations. See AC Odyssey which has huge cpu bottlenecks with DX11. Using the DXVK mod and transmitting drawcalls to Vulkan API significantly lowered the cpu bandwidth in that game. But for some reason FC6 even in DX12 is single threaded. On my 9900k only 1 core is 85% used and above. The rest just chill at 40-60%.

The DX12 renderer did nothing for the user experience.

• MiiaTheLamia59
    6 posts

@bladerunner4077 below my [censored]

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@bladerunner4077 The minimum requirements call for a GTX 960, which is a fair amount slower than a GTX 1650.

This is the overall minimum requirements:
    Operating System Windows 10 (20H1 version or newer, 64-bit versions)
    Processor AMD Ryzen 3 1200 @ 3. Ghz or Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.1 Ghz
    RAM 8 GB (Dual-channel mode)
    Video card AMD RX 460 (4 GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (4 GB)
    DirectX DirectX 12
    Hard Drive 60 GB available storage

Suggested Topics