ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@sinnombre675 The ingame VRAM meter is broken. It reports 6GB of usage for me but Afterburner clearly shows over 9GB is actually used.

• xieyifei
    5 posts

@eirevin They can't give a set time as to when the fix will be ? It seems unlikely to be repaired in a short time ...

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

I got a response from support.

Hello Ribellu__,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support,

We would like to thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

We have forwarded this issue to our game team, which is already aware of it since, as you mentioned, our players have brought it up several times to our attention the last few days.

We'd like to inform you that the problem is still under investigation and will likely be fixed in upcoming patches.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, we greatly value our players and try our best to help you appreciate the game in its entirety.

If you have any more questions or feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to us !

Kind regards,
    Ubi-Kitte
    Ubisoft Support

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

@SinNombre675 According to the in-game VRAM bar I have plenty left (almost half). Not sure how accurate it is.

This bar is broken, i said since the launch of the game.

It gives me 6,2GB with the texture pack On and all ultra in 2K, and ingame i have 9,5GB in real time, my graphics card at 11GB.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1243 posts

Hey there folks.

Are you using the HD texture pack? If so please double check that you meet the requirements for this, you need at least 16gb of VRAM to be able to use this pack without issue. If you don't meet the requirements please uninstall the HD texture pack and see if the issue persists after doing so.

If you meet the requirements and you're still experiencing blurry textures this is under active investigation at the moment with the development team. Apologies for any inconvenience caused whilst we're working on getting this resolved.

@TTyJIu_OT_DEADa

Just to let you know as well that we're only able to offer official support in English from this forum. If you'd like to discuss any issues with us please either translate your message to English or alternatively reach out to us via a support case where we do have Russian language support who can answer your questions in Russian. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Zummwalt
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

You can open the xbox game bar while in a game by pushing the windows key and G key at the same time, and it will show you how much VRAM you are using. But when it shows 85% you are actually using every bit of your VRAM. I found out that if you adjust your settings so it stays around 80% or less, you won't get texture loss. And if you set postfx quality to low it is the only way to make the guns perfectly clear if your not using the HD pack.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

Just don't download the HD Texture pack if you don't have a minimum of 16GB VRAM regardless of your resolution. They have something weird going on in there with the VRAM allocation if you don't have 16GB of VRAM and I am not sure if its intentional to market the flagship AMD GPUs or a mistake. The HD Texture pack is only usable on the 6800XT, 6900XT and the RTX 3090 (this one is actually a joke, as 3090 isn't a pure gaming card and is aimed towards prosumers). Basically, the pack isn't usable on ANY NVIDIA gaming GPU including the flagship 3080 Ti with 12GB of VRAM. Ubisoft should be ashamed at releasing that video stating they care about PC gamers when the 99.9% of those on flagship tier NVIDIA hardware can never run this pack. The inefficiency doesnt just stop there

I just completed a 2 hour session of this game maxed out with ray tracing, with HD Textures off and FSR Ultra Quality at 4k and the game peaked at 8.3GB allocation and 7.3GB being used. In other words, even with the stock textures and mediocre ray tracing, the game gobbles up as much VRAM as Cyberpunk 2077 and Metro Exodus at 4k and both these games have jaw-dropping RT Shadows, RT Reflections, RT Diffuse Illumination, RT Ambient Occlusion and RT Shadows IN ADDITION to high-res textures. Ubisoft must either fix this game or retire the engine altogether as this represents inefficiency on a whole other level.

I suspect these guys have collaborated with AMD to ruin the game for NVIDIA users if this isn't fixed in the upcoming months

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@darkrtx2080 Far Cry 5 was also an AMD-sponsored title for what it's worth. Far Cry 6 though uses a new DX12 renderer, and is developed by Ubisoft Toronto (whereas it was Ubisoft Montreal that developed basically all of the previous post-Crytek Far Cry games). So those two facts might have something to do with the issues it has.

• kevinsyslo2
    51 posts

The new nvidia driver now lets you chose a shader cache size in the nvidia control panel. Seems like it helps some if you have the drive space to set it at 100GB or unlimited.

• gRzeHoO87
    10 posts

I've got another screen to the list.
    I've decided to turn HD on again with mix of high and medium on 1440p without any RT.
    I've peaked at 7.1GB on my 3070TI at some high octane fight location...so c'mon Ubi why my dashboard instruments look like this when I'm on 6GB with over 100fps in the air?

Also have you seen these co-op heist missions? The one in the Dino park? I played it with HD tex OFF and I swear, This location did look amazing! Much better graphics than in normal story mode.

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

@kevinsyslo2 I put in unlimited and everything in Ultra to do a test, I played 1h I have no textures in low resolutions, it seems that it helps.

I play in 2K native and with 11GB Vram.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@grzehoo87 The Mezozoic park looks great overall, but it's also a good place to take screenshots showing how much much of a downgrade FC6's non-HD foliage is in comparison to New Dawn's HD foliage.

FC6:

FC New Dawn:

Note how New Dawn has no issues whatsoever sitting at around 5.5GB dedicated VRAM usage despite me only having a 6GB card, unlike FC6, which refuses to go above around 4.6GB with the HD pack on (while also not loading the textures properly in that scenario).

• MOCHiKz
    1 posts

[PC] My guns, clothes, amigoes, vehicles and objects in the game is blurry.

Please Hot FIX it. I can't wait to play this game that I bought it on DayOne!

• hitman3052012
    1 posts

@mochikz mine is the same waiting for fix can't play looks to bad

• Sha._
    2 posts

Hi dear Ubisoft
    I buy this game at day one but some textures are not load so well like guns. Hands. Some rocks. Amigos and...
    I try every setting low and ultra but nothing work
    Even i install hd pack...
    My system :
    graphic 2060
    Ram 16gb ddr4
    And cpu core i7
    Please help us i really love this game ☹

• Sha._
    2 posts

@ubisushivamp i test this but its didn't work and still have problem with textures

• Cookies_Nom
    4 posts

@sha-_ I have the same issue, another thread suggested to back date your Nvidia drivers to 471.96.

Which has been working for me for the most part, before 90% of the textures would look blury and now only around 5% do on occasion.

Hope this helps!

• Cookies_Nom
    4 posts

@stoney170390 I had the same issue, another thread suggested to back date your Nvidia drivers to 471.96.

Which has been working for me for the most part, before 90% of the textures would look blury and now only around 5% do on occasion.

Hope this helps!

• Cookies_Nom
    4 posts

Potential Fix for Nvidia users 

Back date your drivers to 471.96 
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/180225/

Backdating nvidia drivers to 471.96 has been working super well for me. Before 90% of the textures would look blury and now only around 5% do on occasion.

Here's some other posters using this solution (including the OP)
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/post/610250
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/post/606513

Im running on a MSI GS66 Stealth with a 3060, i7 10750H, 16gb ram, I run the game on ultra with FidelityFX Super Resolution 1.0, FSR Mode Ultra Quality. Its super smooth and looks great, apart from the occasional 5% of textures that still look like a PS2 game but Ill take that over my whole game looking like [censored]

Suggested Topics