ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• zoomzoom4268
    3 posts

@sikkandtired Benchmark looks good but its not up close like in game so I cant be certain its not there too. All the clothes, gun textures, car exterior/interior decals, and just general surroundings up close look extremely blurry like im playing on very low settings when I have everything set to ultra. Im also crashing quite a bit especially when I get to a new area. I feel like there is something wrong with the game loading new textures in that is causing the blurriness and crashes combined. Playing on a 3080, I7-8700k 5ghz OC, 32 gig ram, and nvme for reference. Gonna uninstall the HD textures that some are suggesting in other posts.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@regzieeex The texture streaming system in the game is definitely bugged. This is an issue people are having both with and without the HD Texture Pack enabled.

• RegZieeeX
    29 posts

@ubi-karl I am also having the issue with textures, they look horrendously bad no matter what settings I use, I've reinstalled the game twice now, tried the texture pack on an off and also reinstalled that as well. I managed to boot the game up once and it looked fine on one of my weapons, then I changed gun and it went back to looking like mud. It only seems to be on weapons, my characters arms, clothing/gear, amigos and some characters such as Lita in in the intro. Any ideas?

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@regzieeex Many people are having this issue it would seem, based on the number of threads about it throughout the forum.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1605 posts

Hi there everyone,

I have been gathering all of the details from affected players and constructing a report which has now been submitted to the game team. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to share screenshots and details of system specs.

I can see that some players have reported that this is only happening with the HD texture pack, but also a few players who are having this issue with the base game textures too.
    If you do happen to have the HD texture pack installed and running, please feel free to disable it for the time being.

Once more information on this issue becomes available, details will be shared via the News and Updates section of the forum.

Apologies for any frustration this has caused. Please reach out if you notice any changes in the nature of the issue, or have further questions.
    Thank you!

Official Response
  • zoomzoom4268
    3 posts

@akira1364 16 gigs of VRAM for HD textures?!? Yo, wft lol. found this after the initial thread I commented in got deleted. That cant be right. I uninstalled the HD texture pack and now have significantly better textures but they dont look anywhere near ultra textures and I have 10Gb of vram on my 3080. Far Cry 5 looked significantly better than this game which cant be right.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1605 posts

@zoomzoom4268 Hello!

Your comments and the previous thread were not deleted, but merged with this thread as a way to keep all comments on this topic together. Apologies for any confusion caused.

This is an issue that from reading player reports, seems to be most prevalent with the HD texture pack. If you're able to play the game with the base textures, this would be my recommendation until further news on the issue is available.

Thank you for letting me know that you've been affected by this. If you encounter the same issue with the base textures, any more information at this time is much appreciated.

Official Response
  • Master_Wolf_FR
    8 posts

I also have the same weird textures bug, that doesn't load. The textures concerned are the ones on Guapo, on clothes, on weapon, on horse, exactly as screenshots taken above are showing it. That's so annoying, it looks so bad while I'm running the game using the Ultra settings...

Specs : RTX 3070, Ryzen 5 5600x, 16gb RAM.

It's so frustrating and awful that I decided to not play the game again until the problem is solved. I didn't even install the HD Textures so I'm running the game using the base textures. I tested pretty much everything and it doesn't change anything. Please do something...

• RegZieeeX
    29 posts

I expected beautiful graphics when I booted the game up for the first time but immediately knew something was off, as others have been reporting and posting there seems to be a bug with textures just not loading in, characters, guns, guapo, clothing, gear in menus etc. for me are all blurry as and look like a PS1 game, aiming down sight on weapons is distracting as the back of the gun looks like mud. I’ve tried reinstalling the full game, same with the texture pack, mixing different settings but nothing is working. I also tried another thread’s suggestion of deleting files from the documents folder but again no luck. Anyone had any fixes for this? It’s really distracting trying to watch cutscenes and such looking so bad.

• iMagReX
    6 posts

@regzieeex same here 😞

• flubberfok
    1 posts

Mine did the same but I had the HD pack installed even though my pc didn't have the 11gb, once I uninstalled the Hd pack the textures looked way better.

• pernadas
    1 posts

@ubi-karl the workaround is not working for me neither. With the HD texture pack off the textures are fine for a while but they do get extremely low/blurred after 10/15min.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@ubi-nacho Just to make very clear that VRAM is not going to be causing the issue for most people here, and also that the stated "11GB" (also "16GB" elsewhere) requirements are not even remotely close to what the game actually needs for the HD Texture Pack at every resolution in general, here's a set of screenshots I took at 1080P / Ultra with it enabled and the issue present, plus an MSI Afterburner monitoring overlay up on screen.

Great-looking rocks, but terrible-looking Guapo and flamethrower:

Strange "mixed bag" of high-res and low-res textures:

Great-looking tree, but terrible-looking flamethrower:

Great looking everything except for the gun and wooden posts on the left:

Note that in each one of these screenshots, the game is very far from even trying to use the full 6GB my GPU has, let alone an amount as crazy as 11GB or higher.

• DempGG
    5 posts

Windows 11
    i7-9700
    RTX 3070 Ti
    16 GB ram
    Running on SSD

Having same issues with textures. I uninstalled the HD pack and still get random bad textures on wood surfaces, horses, clothing, weapons, flora, etc.

• UhOhIPooped
    20 posts

Windows 11
    Ryzen 3900x
    RTX 3080
    64 GB ram @ 3200mhz
    2 TB m.2 nvme Samsung ssd (newest model)

I'm running around 75FPS with everything on Ultra and RTX on with hd texture pack on. I'm getting the same low grade textures as others. Now I do realize that the pack does say it needs 11GB, but why? My best friend also got this game today and is experiencing the texture problem and he has a 3090. UBISOFT we need a fix on this issue as a top priority. There is no reason that I can run all games at Ultra settings with everything on and get excellent performance except on the last three major releases that were released by you; AC Valhalla, Watchdogs Legion, and now this. I buy a ton of games every year, I can name several this year that are more intense graphically and I have none of these types of texture and performance issues.

• Yikewize
    1 posts

Windows 10
    Ryzen 3800XT
    RTX 3070
    16GB Ram
    M.2 NVME SSD

Mix of very low res and high res textures. Dani's hands, gear and animals' textures don't appear to be loading properly. The clothing and faces of characters look very low quality sometimes. HD Textures and DXR are off.

• HighSenpai92
    5 posts

@dennislocke71 exact same issue cant figure out a fix

• RegZieeeX
    29 posts

@flubberfok yeah I also tried with the pack turned off but it didn’t look any different, also tried reinstalling the whole pack and nothing. Sucks really cause I specifically bought this game on PC instead of my PS5 cause the PC trailer made it look great on PC, now I’m left with it looking terrible cause almost every texture on the game looks like rubbish. Hopefully they fix this asap.

• HighSenpai92
    5 posts

@ubi-mark having the same issue no fix has worked yet, I have an MSI RX580 with 4gb vram, Ryzen 3600x, 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz ddr4 ram, Resolution 1920x1080p, game installed on an SSD, I thought it might be a vram issue but no matter what graphics settings I use the problems persist.

• JahSteez47
    2 posts

@foulplayfox This fixed it for me as well. Thank you god sir.

Suggested Topics