ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lmazzochi
    10 posts

Daily Reminder that this game is still broken.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@mofalon I would agree with you had it not been for the fact that the game refused to fully utilise your VRAM. On a 10GB card, the textures fall off a cliff when the VRAM usage crosses 8.5GB and on my 3080 Ti when it crosses 10.8GB. Look at Forza Horizon 5 for instance. Uses 9.2GB of VRAM at 4k on a 3080 without any blurry textures.

Its a very similar case to Crysis Remastered. Not a single CPU on the market will allow you to max out the shadows, vegetation and object detail settings not because the game is demanding but rather the engine is so single threaded, that it refuses to utilise the other cores of your CPU. FC6 also has this issue but its not as bad but I digress

You will not see something like this with Doom Eternal, Metro Exodus, CP2077 as these are very modern game engines which use VRAM and CPU efficiently. Heck see RE Village which uses around 10GB on a 3080 entirely and doesn't stutter or cause any visual issues.

The fact of the matter is the game's texture system is broken. Now you may be correct in that with future GPUs we may eventually brute force our way through this inefficiency (see GTA 4 is now finally playable on PC at max shadows), but it really isnt justifiable for the visuals we are seeing. The game isn't doing anything special and the RT effects are of a very low resolution.

What they have done right with this game is the HDR. On my OLED TV, it looks spectacular and is doing most of the heavy lifting improving the bland graphics of the game.

• banusDumb
    5 posts

@bladerunner4077 The HDR implementation may be great but there is no getting around having to either play this game with low resolution textures, defeating the point of a 4K resolution on a big screen, or turning on HD textures and seeing the game break before your very eyes. The most infuriating this is it is usually the skin textures or other minor textures like posters and maps throughout the world, but when it breaks it totally pulls you out of any immersion. Why could they not at least program it so, that if the HD textures cant load, it is replaced by its low res counterpart, rather than a muddy clay like abomination?! Or, make the skin texture simpler and less demanding overall, since that's what breaks more than anything!

• BorisTheBlad3
    6 posts

Looking more and more like these scumbags are going to release DLC for this game before patching this broken POS.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@boristheblad3 Considering how blatant this bug is and how ALL their pre release marketing videos show the blurry textures, it’s likely they knew about it but for some reason weren’t able to fix it.

• Daitan86
    60 posts

Before buying the FC6 I read a lot reviews, some talk mentioned about HD textures and management VRAM problems, but underlined was present only 4k resolution (I play 1440p) . So I bought the game happy and contented , my smile lasted 10 minutes , this is the time that HD texture becomes ps2 game with 3080 oc, 5600x , 1440p . This reviewers probably tried the game for less that 10 minutes 😂 , thanks a lot , very professional.

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@bladerunner4077 In my modest opinion, the marketing department that set up those videos didn't notice the blurry textures.
    The masses still thinks this game has a horrible graphic, instead it's gorgeous, especially in the forests. When it work.

• Ravzir
    24 posts

..... So they're doing something?

• Mofalon
    8 posts

@as1r0nimo, your point of view is as good as mine. In the end, the "issue" still remains.

• Mofalon
    8 posts

@lmazzochi, you can call this situation however you want. The fact is, the game was optimized for AMD GPUs primarily, and as I mentioned, they have 16 GB of VRAM.

• Mofalon
    8 posts

@devilkazuya83, yes, RTX 3000 GPUs have good memory compression. In this particular case though, and due to the game's frame buffer (the amount of concurrent texture data that is stored in your GPU) exceeds what an RTX 3080 can do with 10 GB of VRAM.

• Mofalon
    8 posts

@bladerunner4077, agree with me in regards to what exactly? As far as I can tell, this is not actually a technical issue. The game is simply VRAM hungry when using the texture pack (in terms of current GPU VRAM standards) and on GPUs that have 8 or less GBs of VRAM, you should not try to run the game at high resolutions, or use ultra settings. The game even tells you to use high settings.

• Ravzir
    24 posts

@mofalon I'm not sure why you keep mentioning the texture pack here. The issue is not with the HD texture pack itself. The issue appears even for people that never installed that. The base game textures don't load ok. That's what people are complaining about.

• Mofalon
    8 posts

@ravzir, well, I guess that since my reply wasn't indented for you, it's not necessary for you to understand my motives,

On the other hand, and regarding texture streaming issues that users with 8 GB (or less) cards may be experiencing, as Ubi recommends, simply lower your graphics quality.

• Ravzir
    24 posts

@mofalon Yes, they do, but even on the lowest settings, the textures load up fine, but once you switch weapon or fast travel, the textures get messed up and blurry (below LOW quality)

• Vilemos
    64 posts

@mofalon Dude, you have to realize that even people with RTX3090s are having problems with this. It has NOTHING to do with amount of VRAM. I've seen 4GB cards that load the textures better and more stable int this game than the best damn cards that money can buy.

• mickharnas
    29 posts

This is unbelieveable, I was playing in Far Cry 5 and New Dawn with enabled HD Textures on my GTX 1660 and I had no any problems with textures. Now I started playing Far Cry 6 and cannot trust what I see? Blurry - [censored] textures, not correct loaded or don't know, something is completly [censored] up. I've paid 50 euro for game, I was playing in every game from Far Cry series and now when I read all this post from this topic feel massive dissapoitment. Ubisoft FIX this bug or give me back my money. This is parody when inside best looking game some textures cant loaded corectly. I've checked all options and setting and nothing can helps. Ubisoft this time it is really messed up! FIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX THIS!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

I apologised for my delayed update. Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us regarding the blurry textures that you have experienced in-game, as well as your additional feedback and suggestions. As shared in my earlier post, the development team have been investigating the reports you have shared with us regarding this issue, and they will be deploying a fix in a future update.

The development team have not yet confirmed the ETA for when this update will be released for the game. As soon as we have more details to share with you all regarding this fix, we will let you know within this thread or via patch notes shared within the News & Announcements forum.

If you have the HD Texture pack installed and are experiencing these blurry textures in-game, then we suggest that you try uninstalling the HD texture pack. Some players have reported that this has resolved the blurry texture issue for them. To uninstall the HD texture pack, first try checking your "Owned DLC" to see if an uninstall button is available. If you cannot find an uninstall button, then please can you upload your save file to the Cloud before fully uninstalling Far Cry 6. You can then reinstall the game, making sure not to select the HD texture pack, and download your save file from the Cloud.

Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have less that 12GB of VRAM available, we would recommend uninstalling the HD texture pack.

If you have over 12GB VRAM but under 16GB VRAM, please lower your graphics settings to "High."

@Bladerunner4077 - I can see that the fix for this issue was not included in Title Update 2. I apologise for any disappointment caused. Once we know which update this fix will be included in, this information will be included in the patch notes shared within the News & Announcements forum.

@unclekasat - Please note that the Known Issues list is non-exhaustive, and that we are unable to include all investigations on this list. I'd like to assure you that the development team have been investigating blurry textures within the game further, and that an update is due to be released in a future update. Once we have more details to share regarding this fix and an ETA for a release date, this information will be shared within the forums, so please keep an eye out.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Aex_Khves
    51 posts

@ubi-borealis we've been waiting for a solution of the problem for a 1,5 month and you are feeding us with promises to someday fix the game. I'm tired of waiting, I bought a game that is impossible to play. What about a refund?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

I understand that the investigation into blurry textures has been ongoing for sometime, @Aex_Khves, and I apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please note that the Player Support team are unable to speculate on when the fix for this issue will be released for Far Cry 6. Once we have more confirmed details to share regarding this future update from the development team, we will let you know within the forums as soon as we are able to.

If you purchased Far Cry 6 from the Ubisoft Store would like to request a refund, you are welcome to open a support ticket and a member of our store team will reach out to you as soon as they are able. I would recommend taking a look at the digital and physical returns policies prior to opening a refund request, as we are unable to guarantee that your refund request will be granted if you do not meet the eligible requirements.

If you purchased Far Cry 6 from another retailer, then you will need to contact them for further support with your refund request.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics