ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UhOhIPooped
    20 posts

@ubi-borealis Your minimum requirement is crap! You have locked out several people who recently bought new top of the line gpu's from experiencing this game as intended. Fix the game, fix the hd texture pack or is it too much to ask you people to do your job and optimize for those who dont have AMD cards? But you got our money right, so who cares?

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

@Ubi-Borealis I have 11GB of Vram and I can play any game in 4K and somes with texture mods in 4096X4096, all these games use my Vram in good conditions i.e. all of them. Your TPHD is just a joke , a very bad joke.

Your game blocks the use of the Vram 2GB before being at its maximum WTH !

How dare you make such a TPHD which requires so much Vram even in low resolution, you know the requirements you ask for this TPHD very few people have such a GPU, what is your goal? that we hate you? Keep up! You are on the right track...

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@ubi-borealis I hope you guys realise that on the nvidia side, ONLY the RTX 3090 within the last 3 generations of nvidia GPUs meets your requirements for running the HD Pack. Not even the rumoured 3080 Super to be launched in 2022 has 16GB of VRAM. This has to be some kind of serious bug in the streaming or it’s a bad joke. Let me reiterate, I am not against including forward looking graphics settings in your games. In Cyberpunk, not even the 3090 at 4K, can run Psycho ray tracing which is even higher than the RT Ultra settings which are regarded as max by the game. But this is true for both AMD and nvidia.

For your HD pack, all top end AMD users with 6800XT/6900XT can run this pack. To make matters worse, the ray tracing in this game is minimal. I would have appreciated it if you threw the AMD owners a bone with the high res texture pack but also us nvidia users with amped up ray tracing effects. But you didn’t. This makes it appear as if this pack is solely intended as a dig at us nvidia customers for buying GPUs with less vram rather than a true forward looking graphics setting like Cyberpunk.

I know you guys work hard, including the developers so don’t want to seem whiny but just just wanted to get this out there. I am hopeful the upcoming patch will resolve as Ubisoft has a track record of good post launch support.

• Steelest500
    1 posts

Same issue. Blurry textures with and without HD texture pack.

• gRzeHoO87
    10 posts

To be honest we MUST inform gaming youtubers to bring this issue to the wider public. Everyone thinks that game is super fine while it is NOT. As far as i know only "we" have the problem. Like cmon.. I can play this on HD textures nearly on 4K on my PS5, but I can't run it my 1080p with 3070 TI or others on 1000 dollars MSRP 3080TI??. Well done AMD and Ubi! As always money talks

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

Funnily enough, the RTX 3080 mobile has 16GB of VRAM and a guy here posted that he didn’t see any blurry textures but sees a lot of stuttering which is similar to my experience on a 3080 Ti except I need to turn on FSR to get my vram usage below that 2GB headroom. So I foresee that if they fix the blurry textures for us in the next patch, stuttering will rear its ugly head as the reason it doesn’t stutter with FSR enabled is because of the low resolution assets. I hope I am wrong but let’s see.

• UhOhIPooped
    20 posts

@grzehoo87 Someone should reach out to YongYea, he will blast this out of the water!

• jotarodazpa
    46 posts
    Hello there,

I apologise for my delayed response. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation. The development team have been able to reproduce this issue during testing, and are investigating what could potentially causing this issue to occur in-game further. Once we have any updates to share with you, they will be posted within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum once they're available.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to share their reports with us, and for including all of the requested information. I have shared the reports from the following players: @The_R9X, @AnanasFelice, @Bladerunner4077

If you haven't already, please can you provide us with all of the the information requested below. Please note that without all of the requested information, we are unable to forward your report to the development team. To ensure that we gather all of the requested information, I suggest using the following report template:

Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have less that 12GB of VRAM available, we would recommend uninstalling the HD texture pack. You can do this by checking the "Owned DLC" section for an uninstall button. If this option isn't there, you will need to upload your save file to the Cloud in New Game, then uninstall the game. Afterwards, reinstall the game, making sure not to select the HD Texture Pack, and then download yourr game save from the Cloud.

"Please note that if you are using a GPU that costs under 1500 dollars/euros, you will not be able to use the pack correctly"

But a 500 euros/dollars console can! amazing!

Consoles can´t run Ray Tracing, but HD Texture pack watch out PCs... thats only for consoles!

If you have over 12 but under 16GB VRAM, please lower your graphics settings to 'High'.

"if you have over a 1000 dollars gpu but under 1500 dollars gpu, please lower your graphics settings to Xbox Series S levels."

Theres no gpu that fits in middle of 12 - 16 VRAM, that gpu does not exist in our world mate, there are only 8, 10, 12, 16, 24 GB VRAM gpus

Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have less that 12GB of VRAM available, we would recommend uninstalling the HD texture pack. You can do this by checking the "Owned DLC" section for an uninstall button. If this option isn't there, you will need to upload your save file to the Cloud in New Game, then uninstall the game. Afterwards, reinstall the game, making sure not to select the HD Texture Pack, and then download yourr game save from the Cloud.

My GPU is RTX 3080 16 GB VRAM and i cannot run the game with HD Texture ON, i get huge stutters that makes the game unplayable!

Video from someone with 6800 16GB VRAM

Video from someone with 3090 24GB VRAM

Video from someone with 6900 16GB VRAM

Why you keep ignoring my complaints? my thread about this issue not one comment by ubisoft staff after 4 days, every thing you asked i provided

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/113793/rtx-3080-16gb-vram-hd-texture-pack-huge-stuttering?lang=en-US

I have already created a support ticket15537292 with all information, DXDIAG, HWINFO, Benchmark screenshots, videos, etc, etc, etc, 5 days no answer from ubisoft

When people gets to be able to load the hd texture pack i bet they gonna get huge stutters, right now they only have blurry textures because their gpus are not loading the textures

@jotarodazpa Is FSR on?

FSR is OFF

@jotarodazpa Hi. The game behaves very strange and not logical from a technical point of view, so I deleted it so as not to spoil my eyes and nerves with a mess with textures, I will return to the passage only after the patch, if there is one.
    At the time when I ran tests with and without the HD package, staters were only when collecting resources, but I think this is either a launcher or a protection.
    Try limiting the frame rate, staters should disappear.

Nope, i have tried to limit to 60fps and big stutters occurs with hd texture ON.

This problem affects all gpus with 12, 16, 24 GB VRAM

Funnily enough, the RTX 3080 mobile has 16GB of VRAM and a guy here posted that he didn’t see any blurry textures but sees a lot of stuttering which is similar to my experience on a 3080 Ti except I need to turn on FSR to get my vram usage below that 2GB headroom. So I foresee that if they fix the blurry textures for us in the next patch, stuttering will rear its ugly head as the reason it doesn’t stutter with FSR enabled is because of the low resolution assets. I hope I am wrong but let’s see.

That is right @Bladerunner4077 , and as you can see lots of people with 16gb / 24 gb vram desktop gpus (6800,6900,3090) no problem with blurry textures, but huge stuttering

As soon they fix the blurry textures and gpus load the hd texture pack normally, they will suffer from huge stuttering

Thats why only a few people are complaining about this, right now most of the people have the blurry textures, the textures are not load, so they dont see any stuttering

Desktop PC 3080Ti (12GB VRAM), i9-9900K, 16GB DRAM, G-Sync monitor, Win11, latest NVidia driver 496.13.
    Stuttering with HD textures enabled, Ubisoft overlay is disabled, the only thing that works is disabling HD textures, after that it's butter smooth, looks better too.

This user just posted on my offcial thread: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/113793/rtx-3080-16gb-vram-hd-texture-pack-huge-stuttering/14?lang=en-US

------------------------------------------------------------------ P.S ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-village-drm-denuvo-stuttering/

The cracked version of Resident Evil Village runs better, testing confirms

Digital Foundry has shown that bypassing Resident Evil Village's DRM resolves a stuttering issue.

@Bladerunner4077, @Ubi-Borealis @xLeeN4x

Could it be DENUVO?.........

• Lancezerkir
    11 posts

daily check in

• TheOutsider-NL-
    14 posts

@doppyjoe In any Far Cry game, the aliasing is a mess. SMAA is bad because you see pixelated images everywhere especially in the grass and the TAA flickers like hell, very noticeable in trees and fences. Also no DLSS due to AMD support. It's just ridiculous. The player has to pay for not getting DLSS because another brand sponsors it.

• TheOutsider-NL-
    14 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • xLeeN4x
    9 posts

@jotarodazpa Hey! DENUVO? Easily! Also VM Protect as well as Ubisoft Connect. Until there is a clean version of the game, we will not know, we can only assume

• As1r0nimo
    351 posts

@theoutsider-nl Fsr is the same as DLSS, only a bit worse than it.

Both Nvidia and AMD cards has blurry textures, don't be a fool. 6700 and less suffer from it.

It has nothing to do with the sponsorship, obviously. It's DX12 render, that is messed up

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@jotarodazpa I don’t think it’s Denuvo. 6900XT runs this HD Pack perfectly without stuttering.

• Daitan86
    60 posts

@xleen4x https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games_on_Ubisoft_Store: (https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games_on_Ubisoft_Store)
    I don't think ubisoft uses denuvo, it has a proprietary protection system, it has invested a lot in this. Are there any other examples of DRM-free ubisoft games did the game run better?

• kmil85
    3 posts

@as1r0nimo fsr same like dlss, you funny boy 🤠

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

@kmil85 As someone who has seen DLSS in many games on a 3080 Ti, FSR is impressive at what it does considering there is no temporal reconstruction going on. FSR Ultra Quality in this game looks indistinguishable from native 4k without pixel peeping.

• subhajit0072020
    2 posts

This game looks horrible, and like this it is unplayable . This game is loaded with these low res textures . Ubisoft please fix ittt!!!

• VGoth
    10 posts

Well, have you waited for the patch? Are you still waiting? ..

Here's a patch for you:

Please note that if you are using a GPU with anything under 12GB VRAM, you will not be able to use the pack correctly. This is part of our minimum requirements. If you have over 12 but under 16GB VRAM, please lower your graphics settings to 'High'.

And here is the best solution for the previous generation Dunia 2 game engine to enjoy the game: Nvidia RTX TITAN X Graphics Card 24 GB - £3,950.00
    Enjoy!

• Umilton
    21 posts

@vgoth And no one's clamoring to disagree by saying they found it for less because any lower prices out there are still ridiculously high right now. They make the $2500 usd I paid for it a few years ago at the Nvidia site shop look like a nice bargain.

edit - I'm running FC6 on it but with only a i7-7700 & 32 gb ddr4 2400 ram. So with HD textures in 4k and all settings on Ultra I get only about 20 - 30 fps. I think I can deal with it for casual exploration of the scenery. But I'll have to go down to High settings to be practical. Visually it's still wonderful looking overall despite the occasional blurry objects. Also using the Crubino reshade from Nexus Mods, and a mod that removes the blurry edges of screen vignette from the same site.

Suggested Topics