ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• En9a9e
    Original poster 8 posts

Far Cry 6 hasn't even released yet. Youtube is already full of spoiler, complete walkthroughs, guides, and lets play videos. On the FC6 game page there is a "challenges" section that has a new community challenge to take out 1,000,000 soldiers. It has a "Participate to claim exclusive rewards" msg attached to it. This challenge has already been completed two times over at 2,146,128 by streamers with pre-launch keys. This is how absurd and stupid the streamer "build hype" method has become.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• igrvks
    62 posts

@en9a9e Far cry 6 was released earlier today, I have been playing for five hours already.

• En9a9e
    Original poster 8 posts

@igrvks Not in North America. And I note from another thread it seems you have bypassed scheduled time zone releases, so it shouldn't apply to this post. Community challenges are exclusive to regions...if they are not, well then that's just another layer on top of our current pre-launch absurdities with streamers.

• igrvks
    62 posts

@en9a9e I have not bypassed anything, the game is released for paying customers so I am playing it.

• Tascer
    23 posts

@igrvks And here am I, checking my mails and Ubisoft store history waiting for my preorder to ship.

• Sammarok
    177 posts

@igrvks Not on PC, mine still says 'This game is not available yet. You'll be able to play it upon release.'

• SofaJockey
    372 posts
    Youtube is already full of spoiler, complete walkthroughs, guides, and lets play videos.

It is quite correct that some care must be taken online, but this is the modern internet.
    I've seen 'final boss' videos posted though clearly i haven't watched them, though I've a good idea of who it is...

• En9a9e
    Original poster 8 posts

@sofajockey To clarify, I don't have any issue with pre-release copies going out to select individuals and media outlets that are professional and courteous to the gaming community at large. In fact I will sometimes watch a spoiler free review to get more hyped just before release. What gets me is that these keys seem to go out willy nilly now in big marketing pushes and then they end up in the hands of bottom feeder streamers who will post anything in the titles they think will get them clicks. Then, because the algorithm knows I am interested in FC6 as an upcoming game, I get a bunch of spoiler heavy videos in my feed where it doesn't matter if I simply want to avoid them by not watching because they have already spoiled big elements of the game in the feed title and graphic already. It's just very irritating and seems like Ubisoft could be more judicious with these keys for the sake of the community who don't get that same early access.

The challenge with unique rewards for participation being completed pre-launch now, before the majority of regular players even get a chance to play... that is even more ridiculous and unacceptable. It's either really poor planning across regional releases or a new level of absurdity with streamers and pre-launch keys.

• En9a9e
    Original poster 8 posts

@igrvks If you say so, lol

igrvks 17 posts
    "I have not bypassed anything, the game is released for paying customers so I am playing it."
    Also igrvks...
    "VPN is a great piece of technology that provides you many opportunities to see things already unlocked across the globe 😉"

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@en9a9e I'm assuming the 'challenge' is not closed even if it has been reached. Playing some today would 'count' your involvement surely?

• En9a9e
    Original poster 8 posts

@sofajockey Good point. It doesn't "read" that way when first looked at though. Since it's tracking over, hopefully that is the case.

• igrvks
    62 posts

@en9a9e
    You are acting dense intentionally, using a VPN is completely normal and it is not "bypassing" anything or even forbidden by Ubisoft. The game was released according to it's schedule and now paying customers are able to play it, those with ability to click one mouse button a few hours earlier than others. It doesn't break any rules or bypass anything, we live in the information age and the internet is available for us all.

• En9a9e
    Original poster 8 posts

@igrvks I'm not acting at all. I ways merely laughing at your "clever" phraseology across topics which seemed to imply I was getting irritated over nothing. I never claimed you were breaking the rules. I don't know what Ubisoft's policy is on using a VPN bypass. And yes, "bypass" is exactly the correct term to use when you employ a VPN and circumvent a regional release restriction in order to access the game earlier than you could otherwise.

• simpsonstake2
    2 posts

@en9a9e it's at 11mil now

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

The challenge is timed for 7 days.
    If you shoot anyone, you're good.

• MvratB
    7 posts

@en9a9e Imagine being small gaming channel 🐶
    Everyone has played, finished even uploaded 30 parts walkthrough with their ''free'' game codes when you are waiting for download the product you ''paid'' 😄

• programicpro
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • nhisso
    6 posts

@igrvks LOL! Ubisoft isnt worried about you. Just stop already. We all know what you did, kiddo.

Suggested Topics