Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• cheat.cfg
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi,

I understand I'm low on VRAM because I'm using the HD texture pack and I'm close to the VRAM limit but don't spam me with the message, If I closed it it should remain closed.
    And the thing is, the implementation is not that good, I'm not even at the limit with video memory and I don't have performance issues 2 hours into the game, yet the message still pops up at 7.3 out of 8GB of available memory. I checked both allocated and actual used video memory with a 3rd party software (not in game) and I'm not at the limit or even close. And even if I'm at the limit or over it, don't spam me with this message, give me an option to turn it off.

Ubisoft Connect is just getting worse with each game I play on this platform, I don't understand how after many years of development and improvements with Uplay we've reached this state...

Thank you !

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ravndal15
    12 posts

Hi guys . I keep getting a overlay popup in the game telling me Ubisoft Connect Low amount of VRAM in game. This may affect game performance and stability etc . I am getting 70 to 90 fps I am happy and running a 3080 . How do I remove this annoying logo that keeps popping up geez > really ?
    Thank you 🙂

• Spectankular
    2 posts

@ravndal15 Have the same card, had the same problem. Go to the three bars on the top left of the Ubisoft Connect window and click on Settings. Under general, untick 'Enable in-game overlay for supported games'. You'll get a warning next time you start the game, just confirm you want to continue. Not ideal, but maybe the only way to disable that annoying warning.

• satanrules666
    2 posts

@cheat-cfg I'm getting the exact same issue with my 2070 Super the game itself says im only using 5-6 gb of gddr 6 out of 7.8 that my graphics card has.

Ubisoft needs to look at any other game where you can push your graphics cards Vram to the limit and it doesn't whinge at you.

For me the fix was to turn off HD textures and DX ray tracing shadows and reflections.

All the Youtuber shills where saying this game is well optimized, sorry I have to press doubt on that one seeing as Ubisoft Connect complains at me all the time with the same message yet my game is performing fine. I hope they patch this insanity. Better yet get nvidia in and do some real ray tracing cause their ray tracing it actually works.

The other thing that would help but its too late now is to use a newer engine, Far Cry 6 is still using Dunia 2 which is what Far Cry 3 uses. Why are you copying Bethesda Ubisoft. Game engines can't last forever.

• ravndal15
    12 posts

@spectankular Thank you . It works . I like to see my fps in game but will use nvidia overlay for my fps I guess . Fair alternative 🙂

• longjohn119
    788 posts

@satanrules666 It may be an Nvidia driver problem since Nvidia hasn't released the Game Ready drivers for Far Cry 6 yet so it's not very well optimized. It may not be reporting memory back to the Connect app correctly or something. You could try going to the Nvidia Control Panel and setting Texture Filtering to performance or high performance which will compress the textures a bit and free up some memory. You might notice a slight degradation in texture quality but then again you may not unless you look really close because Nvidia texture compression is pretty good and generally better than AMD's

• Carnage81_Swe
    5 posts

Same problem here im running everything on ultra with no problem and not even up on 6 gb vram out of 8gb but STILL IT SPAMS low on videoram....I tried disable connect popups but still i get this spam. man this is killing my enjoyment. As i said i have no lagg or stutter on highest graphic and not even top vram yet. And i got Radeon card RX 590 and cpu AMD Ryzen 5

• bbqR0ADK1LL
    4 posts

I have a 3080 with 10GB RAM & none of my sensors tell me that it's at that limit. Ubisoft Connect should let me dismiss the warning & make my own decision about whether or not it's affecting my performance.

@longjohn119 Nvidia released a FC6 optimised on the 20th of September. At least it says so in the notes.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1113 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you are seeing a Vram pop-up message when using the HD texture pack with the game, would you please be able to screenshot this pop-up and post it in the thread for our visibility?

11GB of Vram is required for your GPU to be able to run the HD texture pack with stable FPS as explained in our article here >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000099142

If you do not have this amount of Vram available, you may suffer performance issues, to resolve this, please uninstall the HD texture pack.

Official Response
  • Carnage81_Swe
    5 posts

@ubi-milky i run that pack with stable FPS with 8gb vram. So i the only issue is the connector telling me im low on vram when im NOT!

• Ubi-Milky

No problem @carnage81_swe, this could be the reason why you are seeing this pop up repeatedly then, if you can run the game smoothly with 8GB of Vram, but the game detects under 11GB of Vram, it may keep showing this message.

Again, if anyone can grab me a screenshot of this Vram message, I will be able to feed this back to our Far Cry devs for visibility.

Official Response
  • Carnage81_Swe
    5 posts

@ubi-milky what button for printscreen? f12 doesnt work

• Ubi-Milky

If you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled, you should be able to capture the screen with F12.

If this does not work for you, you should be able to take a screenshot with the Xbox Gamebar that comes installed with Windows 10, by pressing the Windows key and G key, or the Windows Key, Alt key and Prt Sc key.

Official Response
  • kariminator_x
    6 posts

Hi.
    I have exactly the same problem with RTX 3080, in addition with the notification of the old driver which does not remove. It's boring.

• Carnage81_Swe
    5 posts

@ubi-milky It will not allow me to upload the pic even.

• sandwedge85
    2 posts

@ubi-milky

On the screen it looks like wired but it's the screenshot, it's not like that in game.

For info, setting ultra, texture pack off. i7 10700k and RTX 3080, only 5gb Vram used.

• NeroxPro
    1 posts

@cheat-cfg Same problem for me. RTX 3080 and I got this spam message all the time, even if I disabled all messages. Please hotfix that annoying problem.

• Ubi-Milky

Thanks for the screenshot @sandwedge85

Hey @neroxpro have you also disabled notifications in the Ubisoft Connect overlay, or tried disabling the overlay altogether in Ubisoft Connect to temporarily hide these Vram pop-up notifications?

Official Response
  • Rinelander
    3 posts

RTX 2080 MaxQ with 8 Gb an max. 7.3 Gb in use during game. Most time only 6.3 Gb.
    Runs @ 30-60 FPS in the first levels (beach bar).
    See screenshot (in Quiet-Mode! 25-30 FPS only!).

• sandwedge85
    2 posts

@ubi-milky Yes it works with overlay disable but it must be temporarly, An update will be great.

Suggested Topics