Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 13 Likes/95 Replies/4918 Views
    Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 940 posts

@kernow-den Hi there,

Thank you for posting! Sorry to see you've been affected by these pop-ups.

Whilst we're unable to share any information in regards to future updates from Nvidia's side, the FC6 team have been made aware and will be investigating further.

It's strange that this message continues to appear after switching Ubisoft connect to offline mode. We'll be on the lookout for another workaround should this not fix the issue for you.

In addition to this, could any other players experiencing this issue after switching to offline mode please let us know.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • kernow-den
    2 posts

@ubi-nacho Apoligies....going offline has stopped the messages, I was looking at the invisable option...oops...However in offline mode it says that some features wont work while in offline mode, which isn't ideal. Thanks for the reply though, and hopefully all will be sorted soon.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 940 posts

@kernow-den Thank you for clarifying!
    I understand this is not ideal but we'll be sure to update you once we have more information from the team. I hope you're able to enjoy the game in the meantime!

Official Response
  • Akira1364
    159 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • khayyamcuyugan
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • khayyamcuyugan
    2 posts

@ubi-milky The error message pops up regardless if I turn on HD pack or not.

• longjohn119
    930 posts

I was seriously thinking of buying this game but with this stupid issue, no way .... HD textures DO NOT affect performance only memory usage .... I run all 4K and some 8k textures in Skyrim and Witcher 3 and I use about 7.3 GB VRAM and never have a problem

• Dave3d07
    68 posts

Hey, I was getting this issue last night, and I have a 3090 with 24gb vram.
    But, like one of the pics showed, it says I am only using 6.33gb (the in-game video counter), even though I am 'supposedly' using the HD pack.

I also got the spam message for the latest driver, which I was only 1 driver behind (the message would not go away, so I updated to the latest, and now the game runs worse and stutters, where the driver before this latest ran fine). Popup never went away until it detected the new driver from last night.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@ubi-borealis Please note that the "16GB VRAM" claim Ubi has made with regards to what the game needs for the HD Texture Pack is not at all substantiated by what the game actually does while running... Here's a video someone made clearly showing that even running at 4K with Ultra settings and both raytracing and the HD Texture Pack enabled, the total dedicated VRAM usage for the entire game never goes above about 12.2GB or so:

So particularly for those running at lower resolutions than 4K, repeatedly citing system requirements that are provably untrue is never going to amount to a constructive answer to this issue. I even took a set of screenshots myself at 1080P / Ultra with the HD Texture Pack enabled with an MSI Afterburner monitoring overlay up, all of which simultaneously demonstrate that the pack neither results in extremely high VRAM usage or bad performance:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/111264/some-of-the-texture-mapping-in-the-game-is-blurry/83?lang=en-US

The actual implementation of texture streaming in the game definitely has a bug that is entirely unrelated to VRAM. The stated VRAM requirements for the HD Pack are simply wildly inaccurate, period, and I have a hard time imagining how they possibly could have been arrived at in the first place. I'd certainly hope that the answer is not "pressure from AMD, who sponsored the game, in a hamfisted ploy to try to sell more of their 16GB RDNA2 GPUs".

• longjohn119
    930 posts

@akira1364 It's really dumb from a marketing standpoint to lock out pretty much all Nvidia users when in the last year AMD actually LOST market share ..... 83% graphics cards sold in the last year are Nvidia and only 17% are AMD ..... The year before is was 80% to 20%

By doing this Ubisoft is effectively telling over 80% of PC Gamers to go get stuffed ..... Buying a new AMD graphics card isn't even an option because there are 4 times fewer of them being made than Nvidia so you can't get either anyway unless you want to take out a loan and buy from a Scalper

Here is the part that really insults my intelligence as an Electronics Engineer .... The Series X has the HD texture pack while it only has 16 GB TOTAL memory for both graphics and CPU .... So you want me to believe they are only using 4 GB of RAM for the CPU? I call BS

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4552 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. The development team have reached out to us, and have confirmed that they deployed a fix for this issue. You should no longer be experiencing a persistent "Low VRAM" pop-up in-game. We will now be marking this thread as resolved.

If you are still encountering this pop-up, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can take a closer look at this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Lex_Striker
    3 posts

After the new patch, Ubisoft Connect displayed an overlay in-game message informing me that Low Amount of VRAM may affect game performance and stability. I am getting over 60 fps on my game, both in the benchmark and in-game. I appreciate the notification, but how do I make it go away? My game is fine, so once I am informed, I do not wish to see this anymore.

Additional: I have tried turning off everything on the Connect Overlay except FPS, and the message is still there.

• lewiscunningham
    2 posts

@lex_striker I just had to exit to desktop and back in and it went away.

• theonlyskates
    4 posts

Not resolved, never saw this before todays patch: and it persists even with in game notifications disabled, the only way i can get rid of it is to disable in game overlay completely. This is also the first time i have seen it since installing the game and i have zero performance issues and average 80-100FPS on ultra

• Lex_Striker
    3 posts

@lewiscunningham Does not work for me. Thanks for your reply.

I am running fine. No crashes like I had before the patch. Guess I will have to learn to live with the annoyance.

• str33tbomber
    6 posts

@theonlyskates same here, it only started after today’s patch. I’m playing on a RTX 2070 and the game is smooth as butter on ultra plus HD pack…. O VRAM issues whatsoever. They need to fix this asap, saying the prompt is annoying is an understatement!
    Disabling the “in-game overlay” solved it for me but this is a temp fix, they need to address this issue!

• kev7554
    1 posts

@lex_striker same issue here. I also lost sound after latest patch.

• zenonym
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis i have the pop-up with the exact settings I used before the update...right now. Apparently, they have not applied a fix. I mean the update for Far Cry 6 was bad enough that for the first time ever since gaming since the late 90s, have I ever had to download 14gb of files to replace ones that were corrupted during an update. But this overlay annoyance is not tolerable. I have a bottom limit system but that pop-up should not persist for more than a few seconds.

• zenonym
    2 posts

@str33tbomber I have a bottom limit system and played with everything except textures at medium before the patch, which is set to low. Pop-up. set everything to low, still persisted. restarted and came right up. they claim to have deployed a fix...they have not.

• ophtho77
    26 posts

Exact same issue here, never had that "low vram" popup prior to todays update, now it wont go away, not playing the game this way. I have 3080ti with 12 gb vram and gpuz runs entire time, never recorded higher than 11.2gb, mostly between 10 and 11 after 40+ hours of play. When I got the warning it was at 10.6 gb vram, makes no sense.

The fact they purposely coded this warning so that there is NOT an off switch is unprofessional, possibly anti-competitive if for AMD, and just plain arrogant. If ubisoft coders are going to be that arrogant, at least be competent enough to only warn when appropriate. It is like they are trying to blame this buggy mess on users by having false warnings about "low vram". The CEO claimed their launch would not be buggy like cyberpunk, he was correct, it is worse.

Suggested Topics