ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• iisirider
    1 posts

Had exactly the same problems people mention here. 3070, no HD textures, now message spam. Updated nvidia driver that came yesterday. All problems gone. Plus the blurry texture problem removed as well.

• BlackDoomer
    1 posts

Если бы только это предупреждение, которое появляется через 30 минут игры. У меня GeForce 2080Ti. В настройках показывает, что используется при этом только половина видеопамяти. Но после обновления исчезли с карты почти все места охоты и рыбалки, купленные по игре в магазинах. На верстаке исчезли изображения оружия, иконки и описания усовершенствований. Вместо них просто серые квадраты. За такие патчи нужно руки отрывать.

• RobertEmerald
    126 posts

Same here and it covers my view of my pesos, moneda and Far Cry currency. I had everything set to "Medium" settings and it was showing that it was using around 85% of VRAM, I then clicked and set it back to Ubisoft's default settings, which has everything set at "High" settings and then it was showing it was only using around 60% of VRAM. [censored]! 😁 The overlay still remained though, so I just called it a day and re-started my computer. I will find out tomorrow, if the overlay problem is still an issue or not? Goodnight all!

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

Turn off the Ubisoft Connect overlay. I had the same issue.

• FanM25
    4 posts

@yallopukken Екарный бабай, ты прав. Спасибо тебе большое! Вот такой вот я кул хацкер.
    А мессадж про нехватку памяти я убрал отключив оверлей.

• RobertEmerald
    126 posts

The problem seems to have been resolved, without me having to tinker with a bunch of settings. That's why I just gave the game a rest for 15 hours and was hoping that everything was fixed by then, which it has been. Back to more Far Cry 6 now.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5606 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports regarding the "Low VRAM" pop-up experienced whilst playing Far Cry 6. The development team has been notified that this issue has appeared again, and that the investigation into what could potentially be causing this pop-up to occur has been reopened. We don't yet have any new updates to share with you from the investigation. Rest assured that as soon as we have more details to share, we will let you know within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

In the meantime, the following solutions have worked to resolve the situation for certain players:

@ophtho77 - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that this pop-up message is impacting your gameplay experience. To my knowledge, this notification should not be appearing as frequently as it does, and as such it is being considered an issue by the development team. Once we have more updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within the forums.

@iisirider - Thank you for sharing an update with us, and for letting us know that the issue was resolved after installing the new Nvidia drivers 😄

If the issue has been resolved for anyone else after installing the new Nvidia drivers, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can notify the dedicated teams.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • herbertjay
    1 posts

It is not detecting my VRAM at all. I was able to play the game once. Every time since then I see this. It is a 3090 with a lot more than 3 megabytes of ram. I've tried turning everything off, lowering the resolution and uninstalling the hd textures.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @herbertjay! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been encountering this "Low VRAM" pop-up in-game. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, and for including an image of your Monitor settings and of the pop-up message. I'd like to assure you that the development team are taking a closer look at this issue, and what is potentially causing this pop-up to occur so frequently in-game.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the investigation. As soon as we have more details to share from the development team, we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Domisz2015
    4 posts

First time when i downolad the game it is required 4,5 GB ram. I restart my pc and now it need 6,5 but i dont know why, when i didn't change any options.

• Domisz2015
    4 posts

Why is it so heigh requrements?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Domisz2015!

I'm sorry to see that you're encountering some trouble with meeting the VRAM requirements. I've taken a look at our system requirements for Far Cry 6, and it looks like you don't have enough VRAM to meet the recommend requirements for 60FPS (8GB VRAM). Would you be able to try limiting your FPS to 30FPS to see if this improves performance for you?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    76 posts

Yeah, my screen shows that I am only going to use 4.xxGB to 6.8GB out of my 24GB video card (3090) also (I dont know why it just throws up random numbers between 4 and 6GB).
    But, when I check with msi afterburner, it shows 12.xxGB being used.
    The game video calculator is broken.
    It even happens when I am RUNNING the game, then go to options, then it still shows anywhere from 4.xxGB to 6.xxGB needed.
    Game runs good now though after the 3 patches, except when I am looking around fast, in a vehicle, or in the items menu's, I still get hitching happening, but no more micro-stutter (yay)!!!

EDIT:
    Well, the game now recognizes my 24GB video card!
    But, it still states it only needs (it went up) 7.xxGB to play.
    😞

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2224 posts

Hey @dave3d07 , thanks for coming back to us with this clarification. It's good to hear that the game now correctly recognises your 24GB of VRAM, but very unusual that Far Cry 6 seems to be calculating VRAM usage incorrectly, when compared to MSI Afterburner. I appreciate you sending this information across to us.

Let me know if you run into any further issues with VRAM warnings!

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    76 posts

@UbiSupportStaff.
    No problem.
    But, another issue is back with todays (or whenever the Pagan Min dlc came out, for me its today, lol) dlc.
    I am back to the game showing 6.xx being used, AND it says out of 12GB. Not 24GB like it used to say with the Dec. update, but now it says 12GB.
    Also, the Pop-in issue is SUPER bad, Like, 2 feet away bad. The textures are not loading properly at all in a timely manner.
    Also, the shadows are TERRIBLE. Rocks on the ground (3-5 of them together on the ground, no matter on a beach scene, or in-the-grass scene, or mountains scene, they look like a jumble of roundish black objects until you get 2 feet away from them. Also, the lighting Pop-in texture is a hot mess also (I actually have a couple of screenshots of kind of both issues, but it is inside the tunnels/caves of the Pagan Mims dlc. Look at the black that should be shadows, and then think a pile of rocks anywhere in the game, either in direct sunlight, moonlight, any light. Just black shapes until you almost stand on them (much worse than pictured, because this is close-up pics). Same exact game settings, nothing has changed except the dlc.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3614 posts

Hi @dave3d07 apologies for the late response.

Can you confirm if you are still experiencing the issues that you mentioned in your previous post since installing the latest update that was released on February 1st?

If so could you please provide a screenshot for the amount of VRAM being used and for the issues with the textures could you create a new post as that is a separate issue.

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Hey there guys!

As this issue is understood to be resolved and we've had no further reports, this thread will now be closed.

If you come across a VRAM warning in-game and troubleshooting does not resolve the issue please feel free to open a new thread and include;

• A screenshot of this message in-game
    • Your PC specs (GPU, CPU, RAM, Laptop / Desktop)

We will be more than happy to look into this further.

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics