ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OneBasilisk3492
    Original poster 27 posts

Kali is one of my favorite Ops to play in attack since her release. When she first released I was so excited to play her, when I did I thought her general balance was perfect. But you devs decided to “buff” her (which was a complete nerf.) I couldn’t play effectively like I did with her when she first released. Then y’all this year reworked her and still don’t do her justice to her old self. She is weak and her kills are very situational
    and based on luck. Now that we have thunder bird plus doc and rook Kali is literally useless in providing support to her team. It’s difficult to get kills in with her now. Not only having bullet drop but also defending ops being able to tank her shots through barricades or soft walls which makes no sense due to her weapon caliber. Also shooting soft walls really doesn’t make big openings as you would expect. It literally makes holes the size of dessert eagle shot which is extremely small. Another issue would be her bullet registration; if i had a penny for everytime i headshot someone or shot someone in the torso (knowing full well it be a guarantee insta kill or down) I would be rich, sometimes the bullet doesn’t register and the Op ends up walking away unscathed; which ends up resulting in my death. We, I need Kali back on how she used to be she was more effective but balanced in that way. Right now she isn’t balanced of effective in the slightest. Her bullet drop off needs to be removed, she should be able to down or headshot someone through soft walls or barricades, and her dmg dealt needs to be higher than 120. I believe Kali should be able to insta kill 3 speed ops with a torso shot even if the p has extra health. 2 speed ops should be insta killed with a torso shot but downed if they have extra health and picked up with 30 health instead of 20. 1 speed ops should be downed when shot in the torso and if they have extra health they should be downed regardless and picked up with 30 health instead of 20. I believe she also needs a faster fire rate and ads for her sniper. Her secondary smg needs some adjustments, if she can’t be as effective and accurate with her sniper then at least, buff her smg, give it different scopes and better recoil control; hate it when that gun flicks up at random times even with attachments. Also give her more up. Please fix Kali this Op deserves better.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• HadesOrso9288_
    186 posts

@onebasilisk3492 Everything you said you believe Kali should have would only be a nerf, she currently can kill 3 speed operators without armor in one shot and then downs them when they have armor. She downs 2 and 1 speed operators without armor and only hurts them with armor but leaving them to be killed in one more shot. Which is better than the randomness of either killing or injuring any type of operator, and her original version was so bad and random that sometimes defenders would survive up to 3 shots which resulted the Kali players losing gunfights, and in those gunfights it would go as such: first shot hurts, second shot injured/downed and third shot killed. Old Kali was the worst version that we've had of her in the game. So as it stands, this version of Kali is much better than the previous version of her after all the changes were made to her since her release.

If anything she should have a faster rechamber after every shot because her rechamber rn is horribly slow.

• OneBasilisk3492
    Original poster 27 posts

@hadesorso9288_ I disagree on the whole insta kill and downed functions. Again her kills are very situational and purely luck at times and it’s hard and sometimes impossible to get kills in if there are 3 health Ops. And like u said her rechambering is slow af too and Ops walking away with just partial dmg doesn’t make sense due to her sniper caliber. All the things i wanted for kali that i mentioned are just suggestions so not everything needs to be applied. If anything a faster rechamber and taking away bullet drop and removing limb shots as partial dmg and make it limb shot downs instead.

• HadesOrso9288_
    186 posts

@onebasilisk3492 Again it doesn't matter whether or not you disagree with me, the fact of the point is that her weapon is more consistent and better now with its damage outputs and the original random damage outputs, the only thing that is detrimental to using her Rifle is the slow rechamber of the weapon, if they decide to buff her, it would be in their best interest to buff her rechambering speed to help bring up her win delta.

• OneBasilisk3492
    Original poster 27 posts

@hadesorso9288_ That’s literally one of the suggestions i recommend like do u read bro? Jesus. Stop acting like your damn smart know what’s best for all Ops. Kali’s Sniper is not consistent in the slightest rn I main her. I have 193hrs with Kali and I can for sure say what I want in regards to her future changes. I never said “hey add all these suggestions I recommended” no; I gave out suggestions and devs can pick or decide which one is best to add to Kali. Period.

• HadesOrso9288_
    186 posts

@onebasilisk3492 And yet here you are saying that her sniper rifle is inconsistent and that the original damage output is the weapon was better, even though we I said, it was worse considering that it was random and would sometimes take up to 3 shots to kill someone including 3 speeds by simply hurting with the first shot, injuring with the second shot and killing with the third shot. So regardless of you having Kali as your main, you clearly do not understand that your determination for how her damage output should be is completely idiotic, because we it stands Kali's ability to either instantly kill or injure a player with 1 shot is much better than her having to fire 2 shots to simply just injure someone like she did in the past at random.

• xcel30
    798 posts

@hadesorso9288_ I honestly never had this issue, it was either down hte person or 95% of their life if it hit a limb, never heard of people needing multiple shots withoput the first being an arm or leg shot so s this is first i heard about 3 speeds surviving multiple shots. I guess the problem is that with range + new damage + limb + penetration + lag makes the rifle waaaay more unreliable to simple body shot = down, legs and arms = deaths door

• HadesOrso9288_
    186 posts

@xcel30 It happened to myself and people that I've played with, and happened randomly and it didn't happen too often, but regardless it still happened and it was about mid ranged gunfight when it happened and it always ended with us being drastically low on health or for the most part losing the gunfight or being killed by that players teammate. It was very random, most of the time it took two shots, sometimes one and almost rarely three

• OneBasilisk3492
    Original poster 27 posts

@hadesorso9288_ Incorrect; I never had problems with Kali when she first released. I always got my insta kills and my headshots without no problem. Never had a scenario then were “randomly” someone would survive my shots or that my shots were inconsistent. Again “read” all these things are suggestions. The devs can pick and do whatever they want with my suggestions. Again 193 hrs on Kali to understand her 110% and to talk about her in depth; where from your stance you’re only talking from a defender perspective or in other cases “spectator”

• OneBasilisk3492
    Original poster 27 posts

@xcel30 Thank you! I never had any problems or “inconsistencies” with Kali til she got her buff(nerf) and then reworking her. Her rework now only makes her perform with half what she use to do and it’s such a waste bruh. Literally I’d be happy with either just a faster rechambering or ads; or honestly just completely removing her bullet drop change they added to her rework. With that, people will pick her more and be consistent as a support Op.

• The.Weasel.
    5 posts

@hadesorso9288_
    The old mechanic, as far as I know and have seen, was body shot meant instant DBNO at the very least. If you didn't down them, it means you only got the limb. With the new mechanic, on the other hand, we get the following:

• Damage dropoff maximum range is 5m shorter than any other marksman weapon or LMG in the game (it really shouldn't have damage dropoff over distance in the first place, given what it is and how slow it shoots, but at least make it as good as an LMG at retaining damage over distance)
    • 2 body shots are required to down a 3-speed at >34m, and a 2-speed at >30m (time to down/kill 2.4s, which is already extremely slow)
    • Rook armor means that Kali requires 2+ body shots against any opponent at any range, or 3 against 1-speeds at >35m (this is just beyond stupid at this point)

Time to kill for most guns in this game is <1/2 second with body shots, even at long range. Against a 1-speed with Rook plate at long range, Kali's rifle has a time to kill of 3.6 seconds. So yeah, she takes more than 7 times as long to down or kill a 1-speed with Rook armor using body shots at long range compared to a 9x19VSN, and she doesn't have the fast ADS time or a rapid fire weapon's greater likelihood of an instant-kill headshot (or ability to prefire, etc.). Compared to any typically used attacker primary weapon, it's even worse. If the other team has a Rook, Kali's rifle has the worst time to kill of any assault rifle, marksman rifle, submachine gun, or light machine gun in the entire game. By a lot.

• Karakzorn
    47 posts

@onebasilisk3492 I agree with you, I also think Kali's sniper should be buffed
    in my opinion to an instant kill on everyone but 3 speeds, with the recent injure notification nerf, kali has really felt weak. people overestimate her gadget as a lot of the time people bandit trick/kaid hide their wall denial so that kali cant reliably open the wall, oh and opening the wall is only the first part, you actually need a hardbreacher
    as for her gun, I think it should deal 130 damage, this way it will also kill 2 speeds, but only down 1 speeds. the sniper just doesnt work in siege as any goon with an MP7 who just sprays on head level will instantly kill you no matter how far off he is.
    damage drop off on the sniper is also a very wierd design choice
    someone at ubisoft is either really damn good at kali, or they need to see the numbers how hard kali underperforms in the new warmup gamemode. I hope we see a lot of racidal new weapon balance changes with the introduction of warmup.

• Filthy.6
    40 posts

@onebasilisk3492 if Ubisoft refuses to rework or Buff her Sniper I say give her a new gun, like Buck's DMR because it's a dualistic weapon that holds his gadget under his barrel just like Kali's Sniper does for her gadget.

• OneBasilisk3492
    Original poster 27 posts

@filthy-6 That’s also another way to go about it. It’s not impossible cuz look at Tachanka, the man got a grenade launcher, replacing his mount turret. I just wish they do just to her sniper, wish it was a little more realistic or better yet consistent.

• Filthy.6
    40 posts

@onebasilisk3492 I love your ideas and mindset to help the Community for the better of Siege and it's Development. Ubisoft can sometimes be hard to convince on what is good for the game and what isn't considering there are so many voices in it's Community. I have been working solo as a Veteran to post my ideas and suggestions and have gotten a little over a handful of my ideas implemented into Siege that eventually made it to live servers. You just have to keep on the grind of Social Media. You don't even need a large following like Content Creators, all you need is solid ideas and to connect with the right people. I got connected to the Devs through Ubisoft Support on Twitter. Good luck!

• OneBasilisk3492
    Original poster 27 posts

@filthy-6 I appreciate your support man. If that ur that far in, i would totally love it if you could spread the word concerning Kali and my recent post? It be much appreciated. It’s amazing by to hear that you’ve gotten you point across with the devs shows you’re dedicated. Btw i’m making another post today concerning Lions sidearms. I do miss his p9 and would trade the revolver for that pistol any day. I wanna be able to run his shotgun with a consistent pistol not a revolver with such high recoil .

Suggested Topics