ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• True_Coverage
    Original poster 27 posts

Can we get a mode where the enemies arent bullet sponges and dont require different ammo to take them down quickly

The vanilla game is too 'arcadey' for my tastes

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2329 posts

Hey @true_coverage thanks for the feedback,

What difficulty mode are you currently playing on?

I will move your post to our General Discussion area now, if you have any more feedback for us, please make sure to post in that section for our community team to review, thank you,

Official Response
  • Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    Can we get a mode where the enemies arent bullet sponges and dont require different ammo to take them down quickly

The vanilla game is too 'arcadey' for my tastes

Yes! A mode where the Player Character and ALL NPCs get the same health, real world based weapons performance (except the ones that shoot stuff like cook cabbages, or spray wahabi sauce, etc), ammos do the correct amount of damage for their type etc. One primary weapon and one secondary slot so on and so on....................TY! Include options for all so Players may taylor the hard core experience to THEIR tastes! TY!

• True_Coverage
    Original poster 27 posts

@ubi-milky Im playing on action

I want to be able to play the game with a challenge but without the enemies becoming bullet sponges. Hence the realistic request

• Sleezure
    136 posts

@true_coverage I suggested the addition of a "Classic" mode in another thread: Remove the level gating, the bullet sponges, the convoluted and unnecessary ammo system, and the out-of-thin-air immediate enemy respawns so that the game is more like...you know...Far Cry.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @true_coverage I suggested the addition of a "Classic" mode in another thread: Remove the level gating, the bullet sponges, the convoluted and unnecessary ammo system, and the out-of-thin-air immediate enemy respawns so that the game is more like...you know...Far Cry.

Awesome! +1

• LaMOi
    162 posts

I had suggested a Survivor difficulty…

1) Limited resources — which then gives purpose to exploration and opportunity. It would promote the idea that the player has to be careful to scavenge what they can in the world. It would also make military bases or hijacking supply trucks prime targets for the player to loot and steal valuable resources like ammo, explosives, weapons etc. 

2) No health regeneration. Medkits / syringes alone can heal. 

3) Respawns only at Friendly outposts. When you die, you lose all weapons and ammo. A inventory bag will be dropped at the location of your death for the player to reacquire, similar Dark Souls is it? 

4) Fangs for Hire - Permadeath. They can now die, if you don’t save them. 

5) Base weapons looted from dead soldiers (non upgraded) can potentially jam. 

6) I would love to see the bed mechanic make a return. 

The Survivor difficulty mode would also be a suite of options for the player to choose all of the above, or only those according to preference. 

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

CORRECTION: Last post should have been a co sign of Sleezure's post r.e. suggesting a "Classic" mode! My apologies Sleezure! (post editing is only allowed for 10mins after posts?!)

• Sleezure
    136 posts

@flanker1six No worries 👍

• Virtual-Chris
    800 posts
    I suggested the addition of a "Classic" mode in another thread: Remove the level gating, the bullet sponges, the convoluted and unnecessary ammo system, and the out-of-thin-air immediate enemy respawns so that the game is more like...you know...Far Cry.

YES!!!!

• JoonasD6
    2 posts

@true_coverage I wish the player wasn't a bullet sponge either. Nothing insults me more than letting me live an immortal life after a trained soldier just emptied a whole clip in me and I'm like nothing happened. I want to survive and success from strategy, skill, practice and luck. Not be at the mercy of arbitrary hp and damage numbers. 😞

• igrvks
    62 posts

Yes please!

While on subject I think the "real" suppressors need a a major buff compared to resolver ones. It's ridiculous that a "real" suppressor catches fire after a few shots but one literally made from a plastic jug and trash can keep chugging along.

Alternatively you should allow us to transmog the most powerful attachments to look like what we want.

Oh and let us hide the stupid supremo backpack? I know you are really proud of your resolver theme but that thing is just ridiculous and sticks out like a sore thumb in cutscenes.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@ubi-milky Ghost Recon: Breaking Point eventually offered a more realistic approach through the post-implementation of a new mode, called "Ghost" or something along those lines? Which offered a more realistic experience?

Is this doable in Far Cry 6?

• accomplice7
    1 posts

@true_coverage

The enemy bullet sponge is terrible. Hopefully the modding community will be able to fix this.
    As is the game is frustrating.
    Feels like a spit on the face to the original fc.
    instead of making actual good AI and challenging gameplay, they just add more health to enemies and make their bullets take more health.
    lazy game mechanic

• True_Coverage
    Original poster 27 posts

@sleezure behind you 100% on that one brotha!

• True_Coverage
    Original poster 27 posts

@joonasd6 couldnt agree more pal!

• True_Coverage
    Original poster 27 posts

@accomplice7 I know right!?

this frustrates me in so many games, when i want to play on harder difficulties i want the AI to be more intelligent and react more realitically. but like you say... instead of increasing AI intelligence they just make them harder to kill -_-

Its so dumb and its a very outdated game design

• baldman6
    4 posts

@igrvks I agree totally on the suppressor thought. A cheap suppressor in the real world at minimum can shoot 10 rounds per minute without overheating. That should apply to all of the single shot rifles at minimum. Allow us to upgrade to a suppressor that's rated for full auto fire. I don't want to choose between Russian and American suppressors, the technology is universal. Should have the option for two based on functionality and leave it at that. I agree, suppressors don't catch on fire. This is not a good addition to the Far Cry franchise.
    *Edit*
    I don't like the Resolver Backpack at all. I won't use it. Good suggestion to remove it entirely, or be able to unequip at the work bench.

• True_Coverage
    Original poster 27 posts

@baldman6 yea i hate the supremo crap... i just want to unequip the damn thing too

• Sleezure
    136 posts

@baldman6 Yeah, the "Supremo" is just plain weird, and it seems like Ubisoft and the developers are super proud of it for some inexplicable reason. Maybe in Just Cause it would make sense, but not really in Far Cry.

Suggested Topics