ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moved It is FarCry 6 and 2021, yet we still have a 21:9 video shown as 16:9 on a 21:9 monitor, resulting in black bars everywhere.

0 Likes/5 Replies/470 Views
    Pastafresser
    Original poster 1 posts

How is this in every far cry release?

So far it has been in every cut scene in the game..

(The wonky colors is just Windows screenshot tool not doing a great job of converting HDR to 8 bit)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Eye_of_Madness
    8 posts

@pastafresser It's even more ridiculous on a 32:9 monitor

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 937 posts

Hello, players! I am sorry to hear that you are having black bars with your monitor with Far Cry 6. Could you please provide me with images of your current in game graphics settings to help look into this for you? Also, please give this troubleshooting guide a try to test if it helps resolve this for you. Thank you.

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    76 posts

Its not our computers or monitors.
    The developers made the cutscenes in 16:9 (and probably a single 4k) ONLY. This means that the cutscenes ONLY PLAY in that resolution, and our monitors are neither 16:9 or whatever 4k images they used, so we get a tiny window with black bars around it.
    The developers need to patch the game to UPSCALE the cutscenes to the proper resolution.

This is what happens when you either:
    A. Outsource QA to a crummy qa facility with very strict rules on what they can and cant test (and, these qa facilities are limited by whatever hardware they have, which is usually the exact same hardware for every tester).
    B. Have in-house QA testers that are limited by whatever hardware they have, which is usually the exact same hardware for every tester.
    C. Only the Developers tested the game while they were writing the code.
    D. Used the game engines default setting to create cutscenes.
    E. Outsourced (or In-House-Sourced to another dev studio) the CutScenes and only tested them on certain hardware.
    F. Knew about this issue long before releasing the game because most people have consoles and this hits the middle of the road people (where-as we who have 21:9 or higher are the few percenters, not the norm), and are now either trying to play catch-up, or trying to never fix the issue, because well they have patches and DLC and this is low on the priority list (which is understandable, crashes are priority 1, and this issue is for the meager percent of people who have over 16:9). ((( THIS. And we probably will never get a fix either, or get it long after we have finished the game)))
    G. Or, multiple, most, or all of the above. Compared to crashes (like I said above), connectivity issues, game not displaying properly at all, gameplay breaking issues, Coop, etc etc etc, this is very low on the priority list.

Sorry if it seems like I am attacking the Devs or Ubi, I am not, and certainly dont mean to come off like I am. But, I worked as a Software QA Tester for 14 years, and I know of which I speak.
    This game should never have shipped like this. It should not be difficult to scale a cutscene to a resolution.

BTW:
    My resolution is:
    3840 x 1600

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

Hey there @dave3d07 , I've gone ahead and responded to your other thread - sorry it took me a while to get back to you. For reference, here's a link to the other thread. Let me know if there's any confusion!

Official Response

Suggested Topics