Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Slackbladder100
    Original poster 20 posts

So the game is working fairly well for me (CPU Utilization not-withstanding) but why are cutscenes stretched when I play at 3440x1440? Cutscenes are rendered in realtime using the game engine so I don't know why this happens. Maybe, as other games do, add bars down the side so it becomes 16:9. But stretching the cutscenes? I think it's because there is a border top and bottom in the cutscenes and the result would be a smaller picture if bars at the side were added. But stretching the image is not the answer. It needs to be fixed, pronto!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @Slackbladder100,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further for you?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • DrParamonos
    1 posts

@ubi-mark this thread explains it with images. The WSGF folks have found a partial fix by hex editing a dll. However, atm this stretches the UI.

https://www.reddit.com/r/widescreengamingforum/comments/q2w6t3/far_cry_6_ultrawide_cutscene_fix_hor/

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 530 posts

Hey @DrParamonos, thanks for your input there and I can now confirm that information has been forwarded to our development team for further review.

Should we require any additional details or if we have any difficulties with reproducing this - we will let you know.

In the meantime, if you do happen to run into any other difficulties, let us know and we will be happy to take a look!

Official Response
  • Slackbladder100
    Original poster 20 posts

Just to add. The culprit is AMD's FSR. With it off the cutscenes are not stretched. Should be an easy fix (but I doubt it will happen).

• Dave3d07
    44 posts

3840x1660 here, and I would rather have the stretched cut-scenes than black boxes all around my cut scenes. It ruins the immersion big time.

• StuntApe
    3 posts

@slackbladder100
    This affects 5120x1440 resolution even more than 3440x1440.
    In addition to cutscenes, it affects when you zoom in with your camera as well.
    Does anyone know a good FOV for 5120.1440 curved screen? maybe something like 68-70?

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1013 posts

@slackbladder100
    Hey! Thank you for letting us know that turning off AMD's FSR helped resolve this for you. I will pass this on.

@Dave3d07
    Hey! Sorry that this has ruined the immersion. What CPU and GPU are you using?

@StuntApe
    Hey, sorry to hear that this affects 5120x1440 resolution more, what CPU and GPU are you using?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    44 posts
    @slackbladder100
    Hey! Thank you for letting us know that turning off AMD's FSR helped resolve this for you. I will pass this on.

@Dave3d07
    Hey! Sorry that this has ruined the immersion. What CPU and GPU are you using?

@StuntApe
    Hey, sorry to hear that this affects 5120x1440 resolution more, what CPU and GPU are you using?

Thank you.

CPU shouldnt matter a bit.
    But, I have an Intel I9 10900kf, and an Nvidia 3090.
    And my resolution I put wrong. It is really 3840x1600. Acer Predator X38p curved screen.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1013 posts

@dave3d07 Thank you for getting back to us. This has been reported to the dev team and we are awaiting for a response.

Once we have an update we will communicate it on the forums.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • StuntApe
    3 posts

@ubi-viral
    5800X & 6900XT. The issue seems to go away if you change the FSR settings (now cutscenes have black bars all the way around.)
    I have noticed some other completely unrelated issues as well:

1. HDR sometimes causes flashing between whiteish & yellowish, so I have to close Far Cry 6, then in Windows 10, Disable HDR, then Enable HDR and relauch the game. I have seen this in a different game though, so it could be a Windows 10 or Video Card / Driver issue.
    2. usually soon after continuing a game, my character view pans up (to look straight up) while spinning & shooting. I use an Xbox 360 controller, and it is NOT the controller as I have never seen this behaviour in ANY other game. If I click the Start button twice, all is good for at least a few hours.
    3. I am surprised that the most memory used by my video card is 6.5GB. 5120x1440 should be close to what 4K would use (11GB+). Or maybe you only have 1080 & 2160, but no 1440 textures?

Thanks!

• evil062006
    1 posts

I can confirm I'm having the same problems on 5120 x 1440

• Baba_Lulu
    1 posts

@slackbladder100 Also, Ultra wide doesn't work when inside a tank either...

• DevourColossus
    74 posts

https://www.nexusmods.com/assassinscreedvalhalla/mods/1

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1172 posts

Thanks for the further information on this, everyone.

I can confirm that our teams are continuing to look into this. Please keep an eye on our News & Announcements forum for updates, and sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. Let me know if there's any further questions at all.

Official Response

Suggested Topics