ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mhovey555
    1 posts

I'm having the same issue on PS4

• chuckmalley
    4 posts

@mixmonkeyuk did a reinstall, started working again for a couple of hours then exact same problem

• Booster2508
    2 posts

Same here worked fine for a few hours then no sound from cut scenes have to read the subtitles to find out what is going on starting to get fed up with the game which I am enjoying 😉

• maximax-in-oz
    1 posts

Same bug happening here. Hey people at Ubisoft, any idea for when this bug is going to be patched on PS5? There is no need for me to play the game until then…. Thank you:)

• vice404
    1 posts

how do I fix it?

• MIGHTYMALACHI
    5 posts

@vice404 same on my Xbox series x. Keeps going quiet when talking or guns are making o shooting sounds

• mads959
    5 posts

@vice404 It is likely a problem on the console itself and not the game. I had the same problem on Ghost Recon Breakpoint. I fixed it by changing the soundformat in the console menues.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there!

I have merged together several threads about missing audio / sounds in-game on PlayStation consoles into a single Megathread. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all updates and information from an investigation in an easy-to-find place. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge.

I'm sorry to hear that audio has stopped playing within your games. If you haven't already, we would recommend that you try these following basic troubleshooting steps for your console. These steps tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues in-game, and will help to ensure that your system is in optimal condition:

Additionally, we would recommend trying some basic audio troubleshooting steps. This support article can guide you through this.

If you are still encountering missing audio after trying these troubleshooting steps, we would like you to provide us with some more information so we can investigate this issue further. Please can you provide us with the following:

• What is your audio set-up (Speakers / Headset etc)?
    • The steps that you took prior to the audio stopping in-game, and the steps you took afterwards.
    • Can you let us know which audio is missing (i.e. footsteps, gunshots, dialogue etc)? Is any audio playing at all?
    • When does the audio tend to disappear? Is it after a certain amount of playtime, or is it random?
    • Are you playing in solo mode or co-op mode when the audio disappears?
    • Do you own the physical or digital version of the game?
    • Please can you upload your save file to the cloud. This support article can help you to do this.
    • A video that shows the missing audio in-game. If you can show you in-game audio settings in this video, that would be very helpful.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread for us to take a closer look at. We can then forward these reports to the dedicated team for further investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • GamerDad5862
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis It's not only on PS4 and PS5, the same is happening on PC. This is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed. It's not your PS4 or PS5 console, or your PC. It's the GAME! All the other Far Cry games are playing fine on my PC. It's this GAME that's bugged. It needs to be fixed! This happens after playiing for a few hours? So what is the problem?

• GamerDad5862
    5 posts

@mads959 you shouldn't have to "Fix" it in your console every single time you play. It's not your console, it's the game! I'm playing on PC and it's doing the same thing here too. Think about it, why does it happen on PS4, PS5, and on PC? Answer: It's the GAME!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @GamerDad5862!

We do have an ongoing Megathread for missing audio / sounds in-game for PC. If are experiencing this issue in your own game on PC, I'd recommend sharing your report within this linked Megathread so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    268 posts

Not that it is completly missing but the horn sound is delayed with the pickup ride.
    to be more specific, 1985 tokai sabuku sfx horn 1.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @boo-yah1907!

Thanks for taking the time to share your report about the delayed horn with us. Would you be able to provide us with some additional information regarding this issue?

• What is your audio set-up (Speakers / Headset etc)?
    • Have you only noticed this delay when using the first SFX horn with the 1985 Tokai Sabuku? Or does the delay happen with other ride vehicles?
    • Have you noticed this delay when using other horns? If so, which ones?
    • Do you own the physical or digital version of the game?
    • Please can you upload your save file to the cloud. This support article can help you to do this.
    • Can you please share a video that shows the missing audio in-game. If you can show you in-game audio settings in this video, that would be very helpful.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread for us to take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    268 posts

@ubi-borealis First off all, wow. I did not expect this response about a delayed horn sound. Since there is an open case of mine about a missing feature even though the requirements are met. But for answering your questions:
    Audio setup is built-in speakers(let me know if thats enough).
    This only occurs with the mentioned combination.
    Have not noticed this delay when using other horns.
    I own the digital version of the game.
    Uploaded my save file to the cloud upon your request.
    I am not sure how a video would help with the understanding of the problem, since you would not be able to see when i pressed the horn button and already uploaded my save file, so you can see for yourself.
    PS: While you are at it could you also check my open case and give me an update at least (case number: 15533561). Would be much appreciated if you did that through checking my save 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing me with some more information, @boo-yah1907, and for uploading your save file to the cloud! I'll pass this information along to the development team for a closer look.

Usually when we pass a report along to the development team, it's always helpful to have a video as well. I understand it can be a bit tricky to demonstrate the delay, though. I'll let them know your reproduction steps within the report. If they request a video from you, we'll reach out within this thread.

I've taken a look at the case you've provided (15533561) and I can see that you're having trouble unlocking some of the custom livery for your pick-up vehicles. I've sent you a follow-up email, so I recommend checking this out when you're next able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Saswarfare
    3 posts

If anyone is on Xbox go into the Xbox settings change the audio to stereo it’s fixed my issue hope it helped 🙂 it’s called speaker audio in general and volume audio output seems to be a bug so it should say hdmi audio stereo uncompressed

• Saswarfare
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis found the fix it’s the audio compressed settings in general and volume output it should be set to hdmi uncompressed and boom fixed do not set it to 7. 1 audio it will not work

• Saswarfare
    3 posts

@booster2508 check your audio in Xbox settings change the hdmi speaking to stereo instead of 7.1

• Saeber777
    10 posts

Sometimes the music cuts out along with other sound effects. Sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesn't. Also, when going to menu and back to gameplay, the menu music sometimes stays as though I'm still in the menu. Finally, if Far Cry continues to push the LGBT or CRT agenda in its games, I will cut it out of my life. I will not financially support a company that turns radical left. I play these games to escape, not to have social agendas pushed in my face. I know there are a lot of others that feel the same.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3115 posts

Thanks for your post about this, @Saeber777 - I'm sorry to hear you're facing this unusual audio issue. I'll be happy to help you get to the bottom of it 🙂

Just to make sure I understand the issue, did you mean that music and sound effects cut out at the same time, and are both off, before sometimes coming back on? Or was there sometimes just music cutting out, or just sound effects cutting out?

Please see our troubleshooting guide (you may have done this already, so please let me know if so). In particular, make sure you've fully updated the console and all its software, you've done a full power cycle, and you've reset its network connection. This makes sure that nothing has gone wrong with the files, since they'll all be freshly laid out for the game to use as needed.

If the audio issue persists, please let me know - I'll have some further fixes we can try if that happens!

Official Response

Suggested Topics