quick-suggestions

• topic_solved [RESOLVED] [PS] Missing audio / sounds in-game | POST HERE

8 likes/61 replies/12649 views
    PointyGeoduck60
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

@saswarfare Thank You!!!!!

• Saeber777
    ubisoft:x-posts, 10

@ubi-thrupney both at the same time during an engagement. It lasted beyond the engagement. Had to restart the game.

• Saeber777
    ubisoft:x-posts, 10

@ubi-thrupney please pass along what I said about the LGBT agenda being pushed in the game.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 6075

Hello there!

Thanks for sharing some additional troubleshooting steps, @Saswarfare! I'm glad to hear that changing your audio output settings from 7.1 surround to stereo has helped to resolve your own missing audio / sounds in-game. It looks like this helped @PointyGeoduck60 out as well 😄

If you are missing audio / sounds in-game on PlayStation and haven't tried changing your audio output settings, we'd recommend giving this try. We'd also suggest trying the other steps shared on this audio troubleshooting article, as they can help identify a number of common causes behind audio issues in-game.

If you're still missing audio / sounds in-game after trying these troubleshooting steps, please don't hesitate to reach out within this thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

official-response
  • AndrewB610
    ubisoft:x-posts, 11

@saeber777 I would suggest taking any issues related to the story to the General Discussion -> Story boards and not here as "Pushing an LGBT agenda" (your words) isn't really a "Player Support" topic.

On the technical note I will add that I am still getting this issue intermittently as well. Sounds I will keep are my own gunshots, the sound that comes on when the overlays when I pick up Resolver mods, and explosions from my own devices while sounds I lose are music, enemy gunshots, crate openings, and others I can't think of right now.

• Bleedingarmour
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

@dermiss Go home on PS5, click on options>manage Game content> Under language data install Spanish and then delete it then leave the English installed. Run the game again this fixed mine. Hope this helps.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences and reports regarding missing audio / sound in-game when playing Far Cry 6 on PlayStation.

@AndrewB610 - I'm sorry to hear that some of the audio in-game will disappear for you. Just to confirm, have you been able to try these basic audio troubleshooting steps? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind missing audio in-game. I also recommend trying these console troubleshooting steps as well, as these will help to ensure that your system is in optimal condition:

If the issue continues to persist after trying these troubleshooting steps, would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• What is your audio set-up (Speakers / Headset etc)?
    • The steps that you took prior to the audio stopping in-game, and the steps you took afterwards.
    • Can you let us know which audio is missing (i.e. footsteps, gunshots, dialogue etc)? Is any audio playing at all?
    • When does the audio tend to disappear? Is it after a certain amount of playtime, or is it random?
    • Are you playing in solo mode or co-op mode when the audio disappears?
    • Do you own the physical or digital version of the game?
    • Which region are you in?
    • Please can you upload your save file to the cloud. This support article can help you to do this.
    • A video that shows the missing audio in-game. If you can show you in-game audio settings in this video, that would be very helpful.

I recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then pass your report along to the development team for further investigation.

@Bleedingarmour - Thanks for taking the time to share how you were able to troubleshoot the issues you encountered within missing audio / sounds in-game. I'm glad that your issue has been resolved 😄

Thanks! 😊

official-response
  • Islandgrrrl07

@ironic_freeman9
    I know this is over a month ago but I have the same problem. Disk version PlayStation 4 and no dialogue audio, no audio from vehicles and weapons or super quiet audio. It’s really not enjoyable to play this game with no audio. And most of the fixes are for PlayStation 5 which don’t seem to work on the PS4. @ubisoft please fix this bug or let me know how so I can continue my game play?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Islandgrrrl07! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're missing audio whilst playing Far Cry 6 on PS4. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Just to confirm, have you been able to try these basic console troubleshooting steps for PS4? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues encountered in-game, such as missing audio.

If the issue continues to persist after trying these troubleshooting steps, would you be able to provide us with the following information? This will help us to take a closer look at this issue:

• The steps that you took prior to the audio stopping in-game, and the steps you took afterwards.
    • Can you let us know which audio is missing (i.e. footsteps, gunshots, dialogue etc)? Is any audio playing at all?
    • When does the audio tend to disappear? Is it after a certain amount of playtime, or is it random?
    • Do you own the physical or digital version of the game?
    • Which region are you in?
    • Please can you upload your save file to the cloud. This support article can help you to do this.
    • A video that shows the missing audio in-game. If you can show you in-game audio settings in this video, that would be very helpful.

Thanks! 😊

official-response
  • billyjackhyde

Cuts out on me every few hours. Can still hear background noises (chirping, etc) but no dialogue, no gunshots, no music, none of the important stuff. Cut out in me during the Petra Toca mission, so yeah, failed that one spectacularly. PS5

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 3342

Hey @billyjackhyde , thanks for your post, and sorry for the delay in responding. I understand you've had this issue of sound cutting out on PS5 every few hours, including during an operation - I'd really like to help get this sorted out for you.

Please see our troubleshooting guide for PS5. In particular, make sure you've fully power-cycled the console, disconnected it from the internet for a while, and checked for any updates to the console or game. If the sound cutting out still happens, can you answer the questions from Ubi-Borealis' post, above? This will help us best see how to proceed.

Let me know if I can clarify either of the two requests I've made!

official-response
  • Alexballander

@amerikanparadox same issue for me!

• billyjackhyde

@ubi-thrupney whoops, just searched for “sound cutting out” and replied.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5454

Hey there guys,

Further to Ubi-Borealis' last post, the team have requested more additional information while they continue to investigate this issue further.

If you're continuing to encounter this issue, could you please;

• Provide images showing your in-game audio settings?
    • Confirm the region you're in / copy you own and what language are you using in-game?
    • Did you download the language from in-game (excluding English)?
    • Does the issue continue after changing the audio output?

We'll continue to pass your responses to the team and keep you in the loop as and when more information becomes available.

Thank you!

official-response
  • stevepaige
    ubisoft:x-posts, 5

@dermiss nice to know they still haven't fixed this problem. lazy, just lazy

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 2297

Hey there @stevepaige, thank you for taking the time to get in touch. As per my colleagues' last reply, the team have requested more additional information so they can continue further with their ongoing investigations. As this information has not been provided, we have been unable to proceed further.

If you're continuing to encounter this issue, could you please help us and share the following information?:

• Provide images showing your in-game audio settings?
    • Confirm the region you're in / copy you own and what language are you using in-game?
    • Did you download the language from in-game (excluding English)?
    • Does the issue continue after changing the audio output?

We'll then pass your responses to our team and as soon as we have updates, we will post them below.

Also, in the future, can you please consider creating your own thread if there is not something active already regarding what you have mentioned? This unnecessarily raises forum traffic and moves more active threads down the page. Thank you.

official-response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into missing audio / sounds in-game on PlayStation. The dedicated teams have been looking into this further. They have been unable to reproduce this issue when carrying out testing following recent game updates. As this issue can no longer be reproduced in-game, we will now be marking this thread as "Resolved."

If you are still missing any audio / sounds in-game, please can you provide us with the following information:

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at. We can then forward these reports to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

official-response
  • pius_h_

I just had this issue playing Far Cry 6 on a ps5. I could hear some ambient background. But the characters audio and the weapons audio was gone. I closed the game on the ps5. Then launched the game from continue. Everything was fine . Audio was normal. I'm posting this because I see you feel it is fixed from updates. Nope. Issue is still there.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 2974

Hello @pius_h_,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video if you encounter this issue again?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

official-response
  • DingoOfIssy
    ubisoft:x-posts, 4
    • What is your audio set-up (Speakers / Headset etc)? n/a. This is not a hardware issue.
    • The steps that you took prior to the audio stopping in-game, and the steps you took afterwards. : Search forums, restart game, change audio settings
    • Can you let us know which audio is missing (i.e. footsteps, gunshots, dialogue etc)? Is any audio playing at all? Only sounds are footsteps.
    • When does the audio tend to disappear? Is it after a certain amount of playtime, or is it random? When moving too quickly through the map
    • Are you playing in solo mode or co-op mode when the audio disappears? Solo. No additional sound channels (voice, music, etc) are being utilized
    • Please can you upload your save file to the cloud. This support article can help you to do this - No. This has been a consistent problem since release. My personal save file will not yield any new information.
    • A video that shows the missing audio in-game. If you can show you in-game audio settings in this video, that would be very helpful. - No. This has been a problem for long enough that someone on staff should have grabbed a PS4/Xbox/Computer and recreated the problem.

Just an update that after two years this is still a problem. Definitely not expecting a solution and won't be checking for updates.

Suggested Topics