ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Head_Native
    Original poster 16 posts

Hi there. As the title says, I'm having trouble with the responsiveness of certain keyboard strokes either being slow to respond or completely not responsive. At the moment I'm stuck on the "Steal some supplies for Juan" side mission where I am unable to steal the para drop supplies, in that even mashing the 'E' Key does nothing. Gaining the other supplies on this mission required mashing the E key several times before it would work (this has been consistent right from the beginning of the game when picking up the pistol on the beach). Also the F key has the same problem.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 619 posts

Hi @head_native, I'm sorry to hear your "E" and "F" keys are being unresponsive in your game. Would you please let me know which keyboard you're using, as well if these specific keys are bound to more than one action?

Official Response
  • TKD-Brian
    2 posts

I'm having the same issue. I have a Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2. I tried different key bindings and that doesn't help either.

• Head_Native
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-mercury Thanks for your quick response. I'm using a HP laptop so the keyboard is pretty much standard I guess. I have noticed that other keys that are needed for putting out fire "Z" etc are also slow to respond, having to mash the keys several times to get the action to work. Just as a side the other Far Cry games (4, 5, New Dawn) do not have this issue.

• Sleezure
    133 posts

@head_native Yes, I've encountered this too for a variety of in-game actions.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1494 posts

Hi there @Head_Native @Sleezure @TKD-Brian

Thank you for letting us know, you're all having this same issue with 'E' and 'F'
    Your reports have been forwarded to the game team for further investigation. Any further news on this issue will be posted in News and Announcements.

In the meantime, if you're able to test both keys with another keyboard, could you let us know if this produces the same effect?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • TKD-Brian
    2 posts

@ubi-nacho I have found that if I click the key twice very rapidly it works more reliably. My keyboard uses mechanical switches and not a membrane. Maybe the others in this post can comment on that.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 937 posts

@tkd-brian Thank you for that information!

Official Response
  • Rinelander
    3 posts

@ubi-nacho
    I think it's a bug. I remember, I had this issue on FarCry 3, too.
    It disappeared with an update.
    Hope this is comming soon.
    It reduces fun in gameplay.

Suggested Topics