ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MileySledgus
    Original poster 2 posts

Can we please have the option to play resistance mode without permadeath?
    I rellay like all the features that have been added with it (no fast travel, operatives moving across the map, etc.) except the forced permadeath.
    I've had elite operatives die under ridiculous circumstances several times now and I won't keep restarting the game because of it...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@mileysledgus

What ridiculous circumstances?
    Can you provide examples?

If its to do with a glitch you should submit a bug report.
    I don't have anything against it really, its up to each person to either get gud or not.
    But with the bigger problems out with the game I just wonder what circumstances would make this an actual issue.

If its falling off of a drone while in a camera or during the stupid long animation they use when exiting and returning to operative, or due to you running or just outright going into a situation poorly I don't think that would be anyone fault but the user.

Don't get me wrong, I've lost characters from just being gone, to them getting injured when they weren't being used but those would be bugs or plain old bad luck.

Well unless you hit and kill your own operative when driving with another operative, I've done that before.
    Multiple operatives have died to my own driving just from being in my way lol.

Besides all that, I've asked for difficult levels since its still so easy I doubt it would be a big issue to add that option except it goes against the mode itself.
    But I understand, resistance mode is what the game should have always been from the start.

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

When you say elite operative I assume you mean prestige.
    But its not like they can't be replaced.
    Plus there are way better characters out there, well that's an opinion.

• MileySledgus
    Original poster 2 posts

@t1gerassassin
    First of all, I've already completed the game on the hardest difficulty.
    And I'm not convinced "git gud" applies here, the game really isn't hard.
    It doesn't require skill like for example Dark Souls does, it just gets more tedious with higher difficulty.

But I agree, playing badly or running your own chars over (lol) is absolutely the user's fault.

By ridiculous circumstances I mean things like not being able to hijack Wrench's cargo drone (it wasn't damaged or in shut down, I wasn't on cooldown) and then getting shot.
    Or another time, despite not being in combat (as indicated by the HUD), I was instantly shot by an albion guard when leaving the buy menu of a shop.
    Like instantly, I didn't trigger them or smth, they just literally opened fire as soon as the window for the buy menu closed down.
    One time, a group of criminals started to fight me because I bumped into them. When I hit one of them back, an albion guard mowed me down (maybe that one is on me, idk).

Frustrating stuff. So yeah, maybe I should've issued bug reports for this.
    But that's not really the problem for me, I don't care for the occasional bug. I wouldn't mind my chars getting injured because of that.
    It just annoys me that I can permanently lose characters in such a way. Especially the prestige operators, their abilities are unique and powerful, they can't be replaced by normies.
    Right now, I can never be certain that a bug won't kill off one of them.

And I'm someone who get's attached to their team. I carefully select who I recruit and want to play the whole game with those chars.
    But I also really dig all the changes that have been introduced with resistance mode.
    It would be a such quality of life update if we could just disable permadeath and keep the other changes and our chars.

• MstrTarvos
    142 posts

Personally I would love the option to play Resistance without permadeath for the prestige characters. I lost Darcy to spawning inside and Albion controlled area and the guard shot her before she could move. I lost Mina to an Albion traffic jam (She spawned in on a street corner only to be run down by 3 Albion patrol cars (all coming from different directions)). I don't really mind that I lost them, but it would be nice if we could get them back (even if there were a time limit on it).

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@mileysledgus

When you say this game doesn't take skill I feel like you haven't taken advantage of the full concept.
    Besides that, I can't argue against anything thing else you've said.

I'm actually at a loss.
    The things you mentioned are without a doubt ridiculous.
    I also have played through the story, multiple times, like 14.
    What your describing I've only encountered in online mode.
    Like being shot upon leaving a shop, usually your actually taking DMG while inside since it doesn't always pull you out.
    That stuff has never happened in any of my story play through a dlc or.

I definitely think you should video and file a report bruh.

Also to the other member, when your darcy spawned inside a restricted area, just wow.
    I know for a fact those things you guys describe happen. I just haven't see them in any of all my goes except in online.
    I will count myself lucky.
    Thanks for explaining fellas I really do appreciate it.

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@mileysledgus

For the skilled playing, I think a lot may be frame of mind.
    Like setting your own goals, such as if you get detected killing off your operative on purpose or restart game, obviously some missions cause you to be detected so not for firsties lol.
    Or playing through using only characters with low mobile, or 2+ negative traits, obviously the game doesn't provide restrictions like these so its up to the player to create a the restrictions.

One of my favorite goes was limiting myself to only using characters that either hiccupped or had flatulent traits.

My most hated go was a low mobility only run, I'll never do that again. Some missions ya not bad and definitely funny but the whole thing, headache lol.

Not fully utilizing the available aspects or always pushing the run n gun style, hitman and the like, that's what I consider no skill. Playing through using the bare minimum of tech relying solely on the characters now that's skill.
    That's actually my second favorite run, the only tech tree purchase was the first spider bot. No hacks no weapons upgrades, no other gadgets. I highly recommend t. It highlight the use of multiple character types.
    Oh I do need to correct, deep profiler is necessary to a point but my opinion creates the fun part with extra background info and stuff . its part of the tech tree but I don't count it as a gadget really.

• amberdavey
    1 posts

@mileysledgus: (https://www.olansiid.com/) I can imagine getting to the last level of the game and then dying with my last Dedsec member

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@mileysledgus

I almost forgot to mention,
    The being shot when leaving shop, or any other times where all of a sudden mini map goes red and either drones, gaurds, clan Kelly, CK drones, or a combination even all of the above just start attacking you is something I like to call the auto detected bug.

This has been an ongoing problem both in story and online since the games release.
    It has been reported many times by many people but has only been acknowledged by ubisoft in the last month or so.

Although they said they knew it and were working on it no other information has been released, despite a number of times asking.

In Ubisoft's famous style, they tend to side step or give the run around method instead of actually working with us on the issue.
    Often just plain ignoring inquiries happens as well.

With different updates the bug has changed and become a viral like infection now.
    While in online, if you happen to be in proximity, whether in free roam, co-op, tac-op, invading, or being invaded another player can infect you also.
    I am unsure if PC's are affected the same as consoles or not but there have been people who (in game) claimed this as lies, that they had never been infected.
    I've also seen those same people spawning under attack and complaining about it at later dates.

This is why at times it seems to go away and returns to normal, it acts like a cold, seemingly like the old wives tale the quickest way to rid a cold is to give it to another but it will return the same way.

Ubisoft probably would have had an easier time fixing it if they had not chose to ignore my many attempts to request help with it early on, a habit ubisoft needs to break. I've reported, written letters, complaining about their horrible customer service but that also is ignored.
    Looking through older threads, here and old forums, the proof is everywhere.

• T1gerAssAssin
    175 posts

@t1gerassassin

Just to be clear, I pinpointed the exact time/player that I first received this.

It was spread to me as well. I thought then the first time seeing it, that it was hilarious and strange that this guy in free roam was being hounded by Albion. I thought let me help this guy lose the cops and offered a ride, a mistake that hounded me for 3 weeks before disappearing but has returned and left a couple times since as well.
    Always returning after a player with it shows up.

• davidreyan15
    1 posts

While I enjoy Darcy and most other changes which happened to the game, I am kind of disappointed by the new resistance mode.

I really like the idea of a really dangerous environment and with the changes it really works well! You have to avoid checkpoints and play stealthy instead of going in guns blazing.

I planned to play another complete playthrough in this mode with my premium operatives, but I just learned that permadeath hits them as well.

It is not my intention to start now a discussion about "BuT i PaId fOr It", but I am simply asking to give us the option to start the resistance mode without permadeath. It would not change that much and the game is also without it way more difficult in the new mode. Hardcore players could still enjoy with permadeath and we all would be happy. I saw a lot of posts on Reddit as well where people wrote that permadeath is a no go for them, so I think making it optional would also increase the number of players.

The problem which I see is that you can mess up pretty quickly in frustrating ways, especially in the higher difficulty. On top of that I have honestly spoken no idea how you are handling all the missions where you throw a shitload of enemies in our face which are unable to play out stealthy...

So long text short message: Please leave everything as it is, but please give us the option to deactivate Permadeath 🙂

Whats even more annoying - i just lost the new assassin due to a bug.

Just sprinting down the street, and starting a hidden attack - BOOM - Internet connection broken, game freezez for a moment, i just see the "You lost connection to the internet" and the death screen - THANK for nothing -.-

That's just SUPER frustrating, and since you can't keep save games i have to start the WHOLE game again -.-

Really thinking about deinstallation, because the run before, i lost Wrench due to 8 cops spawning directly around me when picking up a tech point at the hospital and i was instadeath - no chance to react...

Suggested Topics