Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• benny_2_2
    Original poster 6 posts

I purchased the PS4 disc version of the game, but when I put it in the PS5 there is no option to upgrade the game to that version.
    Any suggestions on how I can get the PS5 version?
    Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @benny_2_2,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can you please confirm in what region are you currently playing, what is your PSN region and where did you purchase your copy from? Secondly, can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article?

If you're still experiencing this issue, can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can have a look?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • benny_2_2
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-mark Hi, My region and PSN account are both Uk. I purchased the game from ShopTo, and the game code is CUSA15779. It is the Gold Edition, and I have redeemed the season pass code without any problems. I just can see an option to upgrade to the PS5 version.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Thanks for providing us with more information, @benny_2_2!

Just to check, have you been able to try all of the steps provided on this PlayStation troubleshooting article? If the option to download the PS5 version of the game isn't available in the Game Hub, would you be able to send us some additional images? These will be helpful for further investigation:

• An image that shows you have the PS4 version of Far Cry 6 installed on your console
    • An image that shows you don't have the option to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 within the Game Hub for Far Cry 6

I'd recommend uploading these images to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.#

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • benny_2_2
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi, yeah I’ve followed the steps in troubleshooting.
    Below is a link to a screen shot of Far Cry 6 on my console:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ynvxNxoJZyW_eMpwgOUAbhP8a3C6bson/view?usp=sharing

• mdex83
    6 posts

I, and many others have same issue.

See this video, I did same and worked on Russian account. I don't recommend actually playing the Russian installed version as DLC will not work.

Same thing happened with Watch Dogs and AC Valhalla too.

• BigBlue65_
    11 posts

I've the same problem. No option to upgrade to the PS5 version.
    Region and PSN account: Germany
    I purchased the disc from www.coolshop.de
    It's the "YARA Edition" with the label "PS5-Upgrade available".

Can I go on and use my PS4 savegames later with the PS5-Version after you solved the problem?

• mdex83
    6 posts

@bigblue65_ Have you tried the Russian account workaround just as a test. Interesting that it's not UK only. I reckon they send Russia discs everywhere but didn't change the PSN config around who can view which upgrade option.

• revoltass176
    3 posts

Same issue. I think we had same issue with WD: Legion,tried creating different region account,did not helped. Support useless,asking if I have physical copy and if my PS5 has disc drive and I sent pic with installed game and clearly visible disc icon 🙂

• BigBlue65_
    11 posts

@mdex83 Not yet Russian. But Austrian and USA. Didn't work.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 277 posts

Hey guys, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the problem you ran into.

If you have a physical disc, try going to the product page (make sure your disc is inserted) and then instead of clicking the "...", click on the disc symbol on the left hand-side, which should then give you the option to upgrade to PS5 version of the game.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • BigBlue65_
    11 posts

There is NO disc symbol on the left hand-side on the product page (disc is inserted).
    And in the 3-dot-menu on the product page is no option to upgrade to PS5 version.

See the following step by step pics...

Pic #01 - https://ibb.co/YbM1BXM - The game hub shows the installed PS4 Version.

Pic #02 - https://ibb.co/3R4MXFj - Shows the link to go from the hub to the product page.

Pic #03 - https://ibb.co/QMBZrN1 - Product page of the Standard Edition. No disc symbol!

Pic #04 - https://ibb.co/k93DvzV - Shows the content of the 3-dot-menu on the product page.

Btw: This might be a region problem! Because I only have 3 language options in the ingame audio menu. English, Russian and Spanish. No GERMAN language and no german subtitles.

• BigBlue65_
    11 posts

@bigblue65_ Some more infos concerning my installation:

PSN Account: German
    Disc Version: PS4 YARA Edition with blue label "PS5 Upgrade available". CUSA-15779
    Shop: www.coolshop.de
    Bar Code: 3 307216 171218
    Region Code: 2
    Installed patches after disc installation: PS4 Patch 1.01 und 1.02. No other patches or upgrades.

• benny_2_2
    Original poster 6 posts

I also think this is a region problem, as none of my preorder bonuses appear in the game, despite being successfully redeemed on the PSN store.

• mdex83
    6 posts
    Hey guys, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the problem you ran into.

If you have a physical disc, try going to the product page (make sure your disc is inserted) and then instead of clicking the "...", click on the disc symbol on the left hand-side, which should then give you the option to upgrade to PS5 version of the game.

Keep us updated!

When I view the product page on my UK ps account it shows give me an option to buy the game for £59.99.

I only see the disc icon on the main menu, which when clicked starts to copy ps4 disc content to console.

• klzagar_uk
    1 posts

I have the same problem, no upgrade path for ps5 avaliable even if I have the ps4 disc inserted. Console is updated, tried troubleshooting, game is installed and patched.
    Slovenian psn account.

• mdex83
    6 posts
    I also think this is a region problem, as none of my preorder bonuses appear in the game, despite being successfully redeemed on the PSN store.

Definitely a region issue.

• ycwkpp898
    3 posts

I have the ultimate edition and is the same, no upgrade to Ps5. bad on UBI side.

• stokey-g
    1 posts

I pre ordered a physical copy of Farcry 6 from Argos in the UK and installed it today on my PS5 ,and do not have an option to install the HD textures pack.
    Is this the same issue I had with Watchdogs Legion?

• RealEye
    1 posts

@benny_2_2 I have the same issue

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics