Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yorky65
    Original poster 4 posts

I'm quite new to ANNO 1800 and find it fascinating. I only play single player on my PC and offline. At times my opponents can offer a cease fire or declare peace for a payment fee. In addition they can request my help when involved in a War. How can I make these same offers to them. I have been unable to discover any way to make various offers to them that are made to me by AI.
    Thank you in anticipation of reply.
    Yorky65

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ShiboSutoka
    1 posts

@yorky65 I would like to know if its possible myself. It didnt look like anyone answered your question.

• AW7777777
    26 posts

@yorky65

First off, if you search for "Anno 1800 Wiki" you'll find a site with probably all the info (searchable) that you need to help you learn the game.
    For now ...
    You simply click on the "Diplomacy" button under the map in the lower left corner ...

The following screen comes up showing your "AI" players and your relationship with them ...
    Then click on one of the "AI" players and you'll see an "Actions" button and a "Treaties" button on either side of their picture.
    If you click on the left button, (Actions), you'll see the following ... (THE ACTIONS AVAILABLE WILL DEPEND ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP LEVEL WITH THAT PLAYER - shown as a number from 0 to 100 under their picture. 100 being the absolute best and below about 30 being at war.)
    Actions button selected ...

Treaties button selected ...

Below is a pirate selected and showing only one treaty option ...

If you "hover" your cursor over the option it will let you know ahead of time what the outcome might be. If you "click" on the option it will tell you how much it will cost you to actually do the action.

Really you just need to "save" your game and play with the diplomacy actions and the different "AI" players you have in your game to get a "feel" for them. I WOULD suggest that you keep requesting "cease fire" (not shown because I already have one with them at the moment) with the pirate (they only last a few hours) when you can afford it early in the game so your trade ships and islands aren't constantly being attacked. Pirates just keep spawning new ships. Eventually, by using diplomacy, you can build up your points with the pirates (or any "AI" player) and acquire peace, trade rights or alliance with them. Like I said earlier, look to the Anno 1800 Wike site or the many others.
    Hope that helps ...

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 781 posts

Hey @Yorky65 and @ShiboSutoka! 🙂

First and foremost - welcome to the community and glad to see some new faces here!

Anno 1800 is quite in-depth game and it can take a moment to understand the way it works, however for future reference, if you will ever be in a position where you're unsure about something, just as @AW7777777 stated, you will find majority of useful information in ANNO 1800 Wiki.

Other than that, I can see that @AW7777777 has already provided a very detailed and insightful response for this, which I'm very happy to see and by looking at what's been stated, I don't think I will be able to add anything else 🙂 .

Hope you enjoy your game-time and if you do happen to have any further queries in the future, feel free to reach out at any time!

Official Response
  • sockeyelachs
    2 posts

Seems like your question wasn't properly read by @AW7777777
    You can't demand payment when offering to cease fire, peace etc.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1424 posts

@sockeyelachs Thank you for providing this additional information.

Official Response
  • AW7777777
    26 posts

@sockeyelachs
    Nope, sock.. I read just fine as a retired technical writer. If you "read properly" my entire response you will see I stated "If you "click" on the option it will tell you how much it will cost you to actually do the action." and "when you can afford it ...". Also if someone is simply looking for a specific thing in a question they tend to emphasize it ... like " how can I demand payment." ... The final question was "I have been unable to discover any way to make various offers to them that are made to me by AI."; NOT " ... and demand payment."

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 621 posts

Hey @aw7777777,

Thank you for further clarifying on the response you shared earlier.

As the answer needed has now been shared I will now close this thread to ensure that this useful information remains easily available to help others in the future.

Many thanks once again

Official Response

Suggested Topics