ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 26 Likes/881 Replies/49461 Views
    But00040004
    Original poster 16 posts

wont launch. all drivers up to date. i7-9700kf 16gb ram 2080 super
    the splash screen shows and then immediately the game exits. have tried closing any interfering apps and running as admin. no wonder they tell you no refunds when you hit install before you even play.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your reports and experiences with crashing / freezing whilst playing Far Cry 6 with us within this thread.

I would like to reach out to you with an update. As there have been several investigations opened since this Megathread was first created, we have decided to open up a new Megathread to help us to better track reports and provide more tailored support. This new Megathread is designed to provide players with basic troubleshooting steps and with more information about ongoing investigations. It will also help the Player Support team to collect additional information about the technical trouble you are personally experiencing, and to open up support tickets for those who require further support.

Before you share your report within this new Megathread, please note that we have several ongoing investigations for crashes / freezes already. We recommend you check these out first. These threads will have specific troubleshooting steps and workarounds shared within them, and are the best place to find more information and updates about these individual investigations.

As we have created a new Megathread to help us better support technical issues, we will now be locking and archiving this thread.

@Nerdherder, @AntonioSolary, @Skulldozer, @SidheVicious, @er36po, @Nonavertis, @stoneaxe, @Slash2107, @petrofsko, @gerontius01, @Psyozide, @psanka, @Nervousfreaks, @bzzzprik, @UPlattu, @DrunkenKitsune, @Ianlaing, @Trianguli, @TDAC-GeorgeM - If you are still experiencing crashes when launching Far Cry 6, and your issue does not match any of the ongoing investigations listed above, please can you share your report in our new Megathread? We have requested additional information here that may help us to troubleshoot your issue further.

@ben_mami - It sounds like you might be experiencing the issue being investigated in this Megathread. I'd recommend checking it out, as there is more information available here, including workarounds for the crashes.

@Yinminn - I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to verify your game files. I would recommend opening up a new thread about this issue so we can take a closer look at why you may be unable to verify your game files.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • BIYEDAW
    1 posts

is there anyone gets this error? or does anyone know about the solution? while I try to connect Ubisoft from epic than this error come

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @BIYEDAW! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered an error when trying to preload Far Cry 6. Thanks for sharing an image of the error message with us!

As this is an error generated by the Epic Games launcher, I would recommend contacting their Player Support team for more information. You can find them here: (https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/).

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SofaJockey
    372 posts

@but00040004 Which location and platform are you? Not all regions are yet unlocked.
    For example, Epic and Ubisoft on PC don't unlock in Europe until 6.00am
    And obviously Americas are later...

• Duckers_Mcquack
    13 posts

Have discord open, and it will crash as soon as you press play/continue. Quit discord and it will play for about 2 minutes, then crash as you're sneaking past a tank. Turn on high res textures, and you get this error,

Specs: 5900x, 64GB 3600mhz ram and RTX 3090 with game on WD black SN850 1TB
    Newest graphics drivers.

El Presidente really doesn't want me to liberate Yara lol

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @Duckers_Mcquack, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the issue you have been dealing with.

First and foremost, in relation to Discord - there is a possibility that certain services or third party service software can cause interference with the game, therefore temporarily disabling it should do the trick.

As far as crashing when going past the tank - what is the error message you happen to receive?

In relation to the software exception error message, to try and troubleshoot it, give the following steps a go, as well as make sure game application and Ubisoft Connect client is whitelisted within your antivirus software, and see if issue persists.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • KINGANDI360XxX
    1 posts

@sofajockey ich denke, das ist eine Frechheit! dass das Spiel bereits öffentlich auf Konsolen spielbar ist, aber nicht auf dem PC! Ich hasse Ubisoft! Ich hasse es!

• SphereAssassin
    4 posts

Hello,

I got Far Cry 6 on pc and I'm trying to play the game but it just won't open
    I got it on Ubisoft Connect
    When I click on "PLAY" it just says synchronising your save files then nothing happens, I keep pressing on play but nothing is working please help
    This never happened before

Thank you

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @SphereAssassin, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about this.

For troubleshooting purposes, can you give these steps a go and see if it helps.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • SphereAssassin
    4 posts

@ubi-karl
    Hello,

My pc is up-to-date, I recently like just last week updated my graphic card so everything is up to date
    I looked at the steps and everything is fine but still not working
    Can you please help because I paid for it and preloaded it and was waiting to play it now I can't

Thanks

• AHuskywolf
    2 posts

Hello. Having issues with just launching the game. No matter what I do it will not launch.

It gets as far as this:

The number gets down to around 4000 and then it closes. No error message or anything.

Thing's I've tried to do that didn't work:

• Reinstall the game on multiple different drives
    • Verified integrity
    • Clearing Ubisoft Connect cache
    • Restart Ubisoft launcher
    • Restart PC
    • Reinstalled most up to date graphics drivers
    • Made sure windows was fully up to date
    • Made sure it's launching with Admin privileges
    • Disabled and made sure it's allowed through windows defender
    • Launched the game with absolutely nothing else running on the PC too

I'm trying to run the game on:

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    • Windforce RTX 2070
    • 32GB Ram (2 x 16 sticks)

I am very close to getting a refund, If I even can. technically I have pressed play on the game but it's not been able to actually launch successfully.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2980 posts

Hello @sphereassassin thanks for the reply.

Are you running Windows 11 by any chance, as we recommend using Windows 10 if possible instead.

If you have tried all of the steps already listed by Ubi-Karl, such as running the game and launcher as admin and clearing your Ubisoft Connect cache and making sure you meet the system requirements for the game, please get in contact with us through a support case over the following links for further help with the game not launching >

Twitter Support -  https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport
    Ubisoft Email/Live Chat Support - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/contact

It will also help to send us your dxdiag and msinfo files.

You can find instructions on how to create these files below -
    DXDIAG report - https://ubi.li/z1pK6
    MSINFO report - https://ubi.li/9ey7y

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky

Hello @kays-cooking sorry to see you have been unable to launch the game yet.

Can I ask if you have installed any HD texture packs with the game? If you have are you able to uninstall these?

Can I also ask if you are using Windows 10, or 11, as the officially supported OS is Windows 10?

Official Response
  • AHuskywolf
    2 posts

@ubi-milky

I have not installed the HD texture pack, no.
    And I am running on the latest update of windows 10.

• Free5tyl3r
    1 posts

@kays-cooking
    Same problem.

Trying to run the game on:
    Win 10 Pro
    Intel i7-5820K
    32G Ram
    RTX 3060 Ti

• roman_9251
    1 posts

I have a similar problem. Does not start the game. A window opens in which it says that "the video card is not supported or the driver is not installed." But at the same time, the latest driver is installed. I have not installed the HD texture pack, no.

System:
    -Windows 10
    -Intel i7-7700k
    -Nvidia 1080 Ti
    -32GB RAM (4x8)

• lucasXxl25
    2 posts

Same problem here, game won´t launch....Ryzen 5 3600, Nvidia RTX 2060S, 16gb 3200hz 2x8

• lucasXxl25
    2 posts

@ubi-milky Same problem here...tried everything, would appreciate any kind of update on that problem!

• Ritakuuga
    1 posts

我也一样,在预热pso缓存的时候游戏自己退出来了,根本进不去

• Ubi-Milky

Thanks for getting back to me everyone, when you see this splash screen, with the PSO cache message, it may take up to a minute for the game to launch.

If your game is actually force closing, would you please try all of the following steps to help us determine what may be the cause >

-Make sure you meet or exceed the system requirements for the game, you can check this by searching for your game on our website - 
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/far-cry-6/article/system-requirements-for-far-cry-6/000098943

- Verify the game's installation files, through the game launcher, to fix any corrupt or missing files that may be causing the crashes

- Run all of the games .exe files as an administrator. Locate the .exe file, right-click on the file, select Properties, select the Compatability tab, select Run as administrator, select Apply then OK. Not running as a game as Admin can cause several problems and can stop the game from being able to save > https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000060505

- Update your Nvidia or AMD GPU drivers to the latest update version available for your model of GPU

-Make sure your Windows OS is fully updated, with now pending updates. Updating Windows will also update any supporting software the game and launcher need

-Lower your graphic/video settings in-game so that you do not exceed your Vram limitations in the menu, running your Vram at max can cause your system to use your normal Ram and lead to crashes

-Disable all background software in Task Manager and try a clean boot/restart of your PC, in case any software is interfering with the game - 
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000063761

- Make sure the game is whitelisted as not a threat in your anti-virus software, in case it prevents the game from launching or connecting online

- Make a backup of the games config/settings file, then delete this file in case a recent change to the settings may be causing the game to crash (Changing the recommended graphics/video/monitor settings in the game, can sometimes prevent the game from launching)

- Install the game to another HDD or SSD drive preferably, if available. Also try installing the game on a separate hard drive as your Windows OS (Make sure to back up any game save files onto your desktop first, just in case)

- Perfom a System File Check (SFC) for any corrupted system files and a CHKDSK -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-10-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca

This support article should explain how to perform some of these solutions -
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000061047

Official Response

Suggested Topics