Quick Suggestions

• 26 Likes/881 Replies/46283 Views
    bielman65
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • bielman65
    8 posts

@ubi-mark
    I tried all these solutions in the article, I even tried to recover windows and format the pc, even so it keeps giving the same problem

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 619 posts

Sorry to hear this crashing has persisted @bielman65. Do these crashes happen during specific points in your game, or are they occurring randomly?

Official Response
  • bielman65
    8 posts
    @ubi-mercúrio every 20 minutes the game simply closes

• TheKewee
    5 posts

@bielman65 MSI After Burner seemed to be the cause of my game crashing/bad stuttering - worst during cut scenes. Since shutting down After Burner I've not had any problems

• vitamin-carrot
    5 posts

Far Cry 6 crashing to desktop or complete system halt.

System Specs:
    CPU: Intel i7-9700KF
    RAM: 2x Corsair 8GB 3600 Dominator
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Auros Master
    GFX: Gigabyte Auros Geforce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10GB
    Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB m.2

This issue isn't occurring during a specific event in the game, the time for the fault to be replicated isn't consistent either however eventually after 5 minutes of game play or 1 hour of game play the game will either crash to desktop (CTD) or cause the entire PC to halt requiring a restart to continue operating.

Confirmed no other games replicate the fault - Titles tested: Hell Let Loose, Far Cry 5, Satisfactory, Back 4 Blood, Diablo 2 Resurrected.
    All games including Far Cry 6 are ran in windowed mode 1920x1080 due to streaming on twitch https://www.twitch.tv/vitamin_carrot with all GFX settings set to Ultra or equivalent.

I have the following available on request from Ubisoft support: DxDiag.txt, msinfo32.txt, NVIDIA System Information 10-22-2021 17-40-57.txt, System Event.txt, Application Event.txt

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
    Uninstall Reinstall Far Cry 6 - Issue replicated
    Deleted Ubisoft Connect cache under C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher - Issue replicated
    Disabled in-game overlay under Ubisoft Connect settings - Issue replicated
    Set Ubisoft Connect to run as Administrator, set Far Cry 6 to run as Administrator - Issue replicated
    Set in-game gfx settings to HIGH and limited FPS to 60 - Issue replicated
    Removed/Uninstalled nVidia drivers via DDU and reinstalled latest game ready drivers 496.13 - issue replicated
    Uninstalled Gigabyte App Center, Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0, Corsair iQUE (known issue of these not playing nice together) - Issue replicated
    Disabled LCD Panel on GFX card - Issue replicated
    Disabled all applications running in background at startup - Issue replicated
    Screamed at it until my throat was bloody - Issue replicated
    Made myself a tea and some crumpets - Issue replicated
    Got my second vaccination against Covid 19 - Issue replicated and still not a member of the lizard illuminati

It would be nice to see some semblance of support for everyone that is having issues with this title, it is actually pretty good...

• flybyme
    188 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • tawapah11
    7 posts

@kakalambalala

"I think that Customer Support has done us a disservice here. This specific issue is that the game crashes on start up, after the splash screen. This thread NOT is about crashes in-game - we can't even START the game."

@Ubi-Mark I agree with kakalambalala. I think it would make more sense if you split this in 3 threads:

• Those who haven't played the game and never got further than the splash screen crashing (without error dialogs)
    • Those who haven't played the game but are getting an error message (with error dialog or possible BSOD)
    • Those who have played the game but are crashing/freezing (possible with error dialogs or BSOD)

• TA0502
    1 posts

I had the same issue with the game not launching at all, got a refund and now I'm just checking this thread every day or two to see if I'll ever get to play it or if I should just move along.

• Desmond532132
    1 posts

In my case the game didn't want to start at all and showed a popup that my video card wasn't supported/good enough and gave me an option to sent the crash report to Ubisoft, everytime I tried to start the game, over and over again.

The solution to this (in my case) wasn't updating my videodrivers (which were up-to-date) or downgrading them or buying a new videocard, but updating Windows 10 with update 20H2!
    [I had to unlock my hostsfile first from my AV program and rename the hostsfile temporary to be able to get this update, as I had some rules in there which blocked the update from Microsoft servers.]

After this Windows 10 update (although my videocard is below system requirements with my Gefore GTX 1050 Ti) the game started without any problems and also no crashes in-game!

Hope this helps some of you as well. Btw, I didn't had the HD-texture pack installed, but can play with pretty high quality settings in-game.

Regards,

• bielman65
    8 posts

@thekewee

i tried this, i even formatted the pc already, i uninstalled the MSI afterburner and the problem persists, seems to be something related to UBISOFT+ from what i read in reedit, the game is not stuttering on my pc, i play smooth on ultra at 60fps but the game simply closes every 20 minutes.

• relentless987
    20 posts

@bielman65 yes, this is related to the ubisoft launcher, I BET. I play The Division 2 and the same crashes happen, I play normally and then 20 minutes later the game will crash. Same thing happened to me when I was playing Far Cry 3 also. Ubi launcher just [censored] sucks.

• er36po
    17 posts

@tigeralen410 I agree...
    Ubisoft doesn't care about us, it's almost mocking...
    I pre-ordered the game, I've been trying to open it since the day it came out. Last time I wrote to facebook help center. They asked me for DxDiag and system files. I sent it 2 times in the first day, as if I had not sent it, they asked again. I got a response again today and they directed me to the Uplay help system requirements and adjustments page. I told them I've already made all those adjustments, I've even done so much, but it's still crashing before it starts. And they asked me for DxDiag and system files again :::)))
    They're making fun of it. I will not pay for Ubisoft games from now on. If I want, I will approve with Crack 🙂

• vitamin-carrot
    5 posts

@desmond532132 - thats intredasting - I have updated to 21H1, I might give a roll back a try and see what happens

• flybyme
    188 posts

@vitamin-carrot 21H1 works fine for me.

• bielman65
    8 posts

@relentless987 it sucks, I paid for the subscription to UBISOFT+ and I can't play the game, I tried horrors with the support and they only give me generic solutions.

• bielman65
    8 posts
    I'm having a similar problem, I got the game from UBISOFT+ and the game opens for 20 minutes and then simply closes, Ubisoft Support also only sends me generic solutions to solve the case, like:
    update gpu drivers
    update windows
    update directx

if I hadn't already tried doing all of this I wouldn't even have opened a ticket with support to start... lousy!

• vitamin-carrot
    5 posts

Setting up a support ticket is a really good idea tbh... oh wait... I cant
    undefined

Far Cry 6 crashing to desktop or complete system halt.

System Specs:
    CPU: Intel i7-9700KF
    RAM: 2x Corsair 8GB 3600 Dominator
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Auros Master
    GFX: Gigabyte Auros Geforce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10GB
    Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB m.2
    PSU: Corsair HX1000W
    Screen: 49" Ultrawide Titan Army

This issue isn't occurring during a specific event in the game, the time for the fault to be replicated isn't consistent either however eventually after 5 minutes of game play or 1 hour of game play the game will either crash to desktop (CTD) or cause the entire PC to halt, requiring a restart to continue operating.

Confirmed no other games replicate the fault - Titles tested: Hell Let Loose, Far Cry 5, Satisfactory, Back 4 Blood, Diablo 2 Resurrected.
    All games including Far Cry 6 are ran in windowed mode 1920x1080 due to streaming on twitch https://www.twitch.tv/vitamin_carrot with all GFX settings set to Ultra or equivalent.

I have the following available on request from Ubisoft support: DxDiag.txt, msinfo32.txt, NVIDIA System Information 10-22-2021 17-40-57.txt, System Event.txt, Application Event.txt

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
    >Set Far Cry 6 to fullscreen - Issue replicated
    >Set screen Refresh Rate to 60Hz from 120Hz - Issue replicated
    >Uninstall Reinstall Far Cry 6 - Issue replicated
    >Deleted Ubisoft Connect cache under C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher - Issue replicated
    >Disabled in-game overlay under Ubisoft Connect settings - Issue replicated
    >Set Ubisoft Connect to run as Administrator, set Far Cry 6 to run as Administrator - Issue replicated
    >Set in-game gfx settings to HIGH and limited FPS to 60 - Issue replicated
    >Removed/Uninstalled nVidia drivers via DDU and reinstalled latest game ready drivers 496.13 - issue replicated
    >Uninstalled Gigabyte App Center, Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0, Corsair iQUE (known issue of these not playing nice together) - Issue replicated
    >Disabled LCD Panel on GFX card - Issue replicated
    >Disabled all applications running in background at startup - Issue replicated
    >Reset nVidia 3D Settings as suggested in forums:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/112476/far-cry-6-keeps-crashing-to-desktop-no-warning/5?suggested=true&lang=en-US&page=1 - Issue replicated
    >Set Windows 10 Power Plan to Balanced instead of High Performance - Issue replicated
    > Rolled back to Windows Update 20H2 from Windows Update 21H1 - Issue replicated

Optional Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
    >Screamed at it until my throat was bloody - Issue replicated
    >Made myself a tea and some crumpets - Issue replicated
    >Got my second vaccination against Covid 19 - Issue replicated and still not a member of the Lizard Illuminati

It would be nice to see some semblance of support for everyone that is having issues with this title, it is actually pretty good...

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2162 posts

Hello @vitamin-carrot,

Thank you for the update!

As you mentioned that you are unable to get in touch with our support directly, can you please provide us with more details? You can either contact us via our support website or alternatively through our social media: Facebook or Twitter - this will allow us to extract diagnostic files and investigate this issue further for you.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2162 posts

Hello @thekewee,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad that the issue has been resolved for you. Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

@bielman65 and @relentless987 - I'm really sorry that your games are still crashing. In this case, could you please contact our team on our Support Site?
    Please attach both of the following system files:

It will help our Customer Support team to investigate this further for you. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to update this thread.

Official Response

Suggested Topics