Locked Solved [DISCONTINUED] [PC] Unable to launch Far Cry 6 due to crashes / freezes | POST HERE26 Likes/881 Replies/49508 Viewsthesuicidefox 11 posts
This isn't to do with launching, more reloading the game, but I've frequently had to force close the game after getting stuck in an infinite load screen trying to do the Los Banditos missions. So far it has happened once on all of them, usually when I am at the very end of the mission. Xbox Series X.
QtoZ 1 posts
I noticed in my game whenever I attempted to switch to a weapon I crashed. Upon reboot replacing all my weapons, pulling one out, and changing them back fixed it. I'm not sure if anyone else discovered this.
turokkkk16 1 posts
Me, I can't even launch the game now.
Got a black screen and nothing !
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 6078 posts
I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing crashes / freezes when playing Far Cry 6. Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us, as well as to share what troubleshooting steps have helped you to resolve your issue. I have merged some similar threads about crashes into this ongoing Megathread, so I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused by this merge.
We are aware of multiple issues that could be causing your crashes to occur, so please take the time to check out the following investigations:
- We are aware that players on PC were encountering a black screen on launch following the hot fix that was released 26th October, 2021. If you have not already, please can you ensure that you have completed all of the steps on this basic troubleshooting article. In particular, please can you verify your game files, as several players have confirmed that this resolved their crashing issues following the hot fix.
- We are also aware of an issue wherein players were experiencing a crash, alongside the pop-up message "Oh no, it crashed!" A hot fix for this issue has been deployed. If you have encountered this issue, please can you fully close down Ubisoft Connect before restarting the client. This should allow you to launch your game successfully without this pop-up occuring.
- If you are encountering an error message that informs you that "Your GPU may not be compatible" when launching the game, despite your GPU meeting minimum requirement, please ensure that Windows is updated to 20H1 or newer before trying to launch the game. This is part of the game's minimum requirements. You can learn more about this error within our dedicated Megathread.
- If you are encountering a blue screen when crashing, or have seen a BSOD error, we have created a separate Megathread for this issue. We have had some reports that rolling back to a previous driver version can help alleviate this issue. If you encountering a BSOD specifically, I'd recommend checking out the linked Megathread.
- We have also received reports of players who's game loads endlessly or crashes when clicking the Ubisoft Connect button in the main menu when Overlay is disabled. The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating further. Once we have any new updates to share, these will be posted within the News & Announcements forum once they are available.
Some players have also been able to resolve their crashing issues by trying the following:
- Playing in offline mode
- Turning off cloud sync
- Disabling the Ubisoft Connect Overlay
- Changing the in-game graphics settings
- Whitelisting Ubisoft Connect / Far Cry 6 in your antivirus/firewall settings
- Rolling back GPU drivers to an earlier version
- Ensuring that both the game and Ubisoft Connect client is installed on the same drive
If the issue continues to persist after trying all of these steps, I would recommend opening up a support ticket. This will allow the team to take a closer look at your unique system files, which can help us to identify what could potentially be causing these technical issues to occur in your game. You can also open up a support ticket via Facebook and Twitter. Please note that the option for live chat will only be available during your region's opening times.
As there are multiple causes behind crashes, it can be hard to troubleshoot every individual report shared within the forums. Opening a support ticket will allow you to get tailored support for your specific issue.
When opening a support ticket, please include the following information:
- A copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag
- All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including those shared on the linked support article
- Any error codes or pop-up messages you have experienced following a crash
If you require any help when opening a support ticket, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll gladly assist further.
@DaiBach99 - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a Trapper-1C07B734 error code. We have an ongoing Megathread for this issue, which I recommend you check out if you haven't already. Please note that live chat will only be available during your region's opening times, and if the queue is not already full. I apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused by this.
If you're unable to start a live chat via the Ubisoft Support website, you can also reach out to our team via Facebook or Twitter.
@thesuicidefox - I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing infinite load screens whilst playing Far Cry 6 on Xbox Series X. Would you be able to start a new thread about this issue? This will allow us to take a closer look at your issue withouth going off-topic within this thread about crashes / freezes on PC.
halcy0n9002 1 posts
Just sharing my fix/workaround for constant crashing to desktop no error.
System : Ryzen 3700x + EVA 3080 Ti FTW @ 4k
Fix : I changed the video settings from Ultra -> High = No more crashes.
Once stable I began re-enabling Ultra settings from the top down 1 switch at a time.
Eventually the game will crash, reload toggle that switch to High and move to the next.
By the time you are done, you should only have 1 or maybe 2 toggled to High.
This is what worked for me. Hope it helps someone else.
Ubisoft Support Staff Ubi-Borealis 6078 posts
Hello there @halcy0n9002! Welcome to the forums
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, as well as what troubleshooting steps helped you to resolve the crashes you were encountering in-game. I hope these steps can help other players encountering crashes in-game as well.
GrabbenD 5 posts
I've read 39 pages in this thread and none of the solutions worked for me
Furthermore I've tried asking Ubisoft Support for help but they didn't want to help me unless I reinstall with Windows 10 (I'm on Windows 11, check the links below for my specifications)
I've listed out everything that I've tried here and here:
Has anyone managed to run this on a M.2 drive, Ryzen 9 CPU and a 30-series NVIDIA GPU?
Alkesh92 4 posts
One more patch still same unsolved crash still impossible to contact support
reptilegeko 1 posts
Hello, after the new update, game try to load but still on a black screen.
MetalNev1 1 posts
Cannot launch the game after the recent update. Please help!
Malemortius 3 posts
Mine crashes at the startup after the update. Veryfied the files and it says all good.
asperlitzz 1 posts
I just got this game on ubisoft + and it will not launch on the ubisoft connect app on my pc