ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 26 Likes/881 Replies/48276 Views
    AustinGamers176
    6 posts

@doktorgonzopl well i bought it. It's the same for us all

• lokeole
    2 posts

I experienced a lot of crashes to desktop, both in windows 10 and 11.
    Today I turned off "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" and "Variable refresh rate", and played for about 6 hours without any crashes.
    You will find these settings under System-Display-Graphics-Default graphics settings.
    I should also mention that I verified the game files after I did this.
    I hope this helps some of you that have had the same issues.

• SidheVicious
    10 posts

@juhanieminen Didn't work for me, unfortunately.

• shoosh
    2 posts

Still stuck at the splash screen with the spinning wheel in bottom right corner. Have not even been able to get past that.
    This is my second post, but I've tried now everything suggested since my last one about halfway through these pages.

• lovableapple
    3 posts

A bunch of people on these forums are having the crash on splash screen error, with the window popping up saying something like "the graphics device may not be compatible, please check and update drivers", updating graphics drivers did not fix this for me, and I had trouble updating windows until I found this;

This may not work for everyone with the issue but It has worked for me

Updated windows to May 2021 Update via the windows update program located on their website:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10: (https://microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10)

Hopefully, this fixes it for some of you, good luck

Specs

Windows 10, updated Nvidia drivers but was unable to update windows
    GTX 1080 TI
    i7 8700k /32 gig ram

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2309 posts

Hello @lovableapple,

Thank you for sharing this! We always recommend keeping all software up to date, especially OS and GPU drivers 🙂 We're glad that the issue has been resolved for you. Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know! 🙂

I also merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello @lokeole,

Thank you for sharing this with our community! I'm glad that the issue has been resolved for you 🙂

I'll merge your thread with our megathread for better visibility.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • flybyme
    194 posts

@kakalambalala I have 32hrs in this game. I have the odd CTD but just start the game and keep on playing from where it crashed.

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @doktorgonzopl, @Alkesh92 and @AustinGamers176,

Thank you for your updates.

Have you created a support ticket, by any chance, as previously mentioned, so our team can investigate it for you? If so, can you please provide us with your ticket number, so we can have a quick look?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • But00040004
    Original poster 16 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • But00040004
    Original poster 16 posts

the game will occasionally launch after clicking play for about 15 minutes. I have logged about 5 hours so far and the game itself runs smooth. however something is stopping the game from launching 99.9 percent of the time. is any fix for this upcoming?

• Kakalambalala
    3 posts

I think that Customer Support has done us a disservice here. This specific issue is that the game crashes on start up, after the splash screen. This thread NOT is about crashes in-game - we can't even START the game.

Merging in threads from other issues, particularly intermittent crashes that have been resolved with a GPU or OS update that should have been installed in the first place, minimizes the problem that most of us are experiencing.

• Jimuari
    3 posts

@roman_9251
    I too have same problem. i prepurchased this game over i full year ago and it will not allow me to play it on my oc which is a great dissapointment. It works on my lap top though it does seem to crash . The new weapon system really sucks. Graphics are great but the controls are terrible. why did they change the controls and weapon sustem is not understandable as it really sucks. Ruining the Far Cry game experience

• Nate_X_X
    5 posts

I rolled back to NVidia 461.40, and went to partial selective startup; left Dropbox, mouse, MSI Afterburner, & BitDefender on. Was able to play 3x sessions totalling about 3 hours with only 2x crashes vs. the usual 3x per hour. The driver rollback had the biggest impact; selective-startup didn't really seem to have much impact except for the new Epic Network Services optional install; that was crashing stuff.

• bielman65
    8 posts
    My game runs fine without any lag or stutering for an average of 20 minutes and then it just shuts down.

my setup:

Ryzen 5 1600AF
    GTX 1660oc 6gb
    16gb RAM 2x8 3200mhz
    480gb SATA SSD

• kvd9999
    2 posts

The game won´t launch
    It crashes on splash screen #3

• #1 Ubisoft connect splash screen, sync with cloud etc
    • #2 Splash screen from game
    • #3 Splash screen from ubisoft connect, this shows about 10ms then exits without error message or notification

I have tried everything in about every troubleshooting guide

• Updating and reverting NVIDIA drivers, old versions and latest version
    • Windows 10 is 100% up-to-date, with the May patch + windows update
    • Starting as admin, ubisoft connect, running the .exe directly etc.
    • Turn off cloud sync and launching offline
    • Turn off off all overlays
    • Clean boot
    • Trying different display settings
    • Reinstalling game & ubisoft connect, verifying files etc.
    • And more..

I have a few hundred games and they are all working except FAR CRY 6, everything in all troubleshooting guides has been tried, clearly, the game needs to be patched
    No need to post any tips on what more to try
    Ubisoft, when will you release an update to fix this?

• kvd9999
    2 posts
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello @bielman65,

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing.

Can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? This will help you to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • TigerAlen410
    7 posts

Guys just give up, ubisoft doesn't care at all about you.
    They have tons of profits from selling the game, from people that the game works perfectly to people like you who bought it, why woudl they care if it doesn't work now? Don't you see they are making fun of us? If they really cared they would have released a statement and try to bring out a patch, but they have shown zero interest in doing any of that.
    If you want to make a statement then don't buy their next game, maybe if at least 20% of people would do that, they would realize that their customers matter.

• Tibie_
    1 posts

I bought the game yesterday. Have tried everything listed here and elsewhere.
    Still have not seen more than a splash screen.

Reading this thread i dont have the impression much is being done to fix this.
    I also dont see this on the Known issues list, or the Reported issue Megathread List.

I dont intend to wait for a patch that might fix this. My refund request has been accepted.

Suggested Topics