Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 26 Likes/999 Replies/37997 Views
    fragnetic_
    6 posts

The new NVIDIA-Driver 496.13 does not help. The Studio-Driver does the same...
    I think the game needs to be patched and not the NVIDA-Driver.

• Mondracc
    7 posts

Got my game working as it should, no crashes.. nothing! Reset my Nvidia 3D settings to default and voila, played game straight 3 hours before I had to quit for beauty sleep!

• flybyme
    85 posts

@scottopotomus1 Latest version is 21.H1

• dharmatramp
    1 posts
  • Nate_X_X
    5 posts

I've stopped playing because of all the crashing. I was frustrated, but persevering when it just crashed to desktop; the last 5 ~ 10 were a straight black screen/reboot at random times. CPU & GPU sitting at 60~65c so no temp spikes. Very disappointed in Ubisoft with this.

I've disabled overlays, set whitelists, etc. Even shifted memory off XMP to base rate. Still happens.

Threadripper 2950x
    64GB DDR4 @2133 base; 3200 XMP 2.0 max; typically run @28xx
    Samsung 970 Pro NVME O/S drive
    Samsung 860 EVO SSD gaming drive
    ASUS 3090 TUF OC (No overpower; custom increased fan curve)

• ftkanizawa
    2 posts

I played for over 20 hours without any crashes. However, once the crashes started, it never stopped.
    I looked for several solutions, including in this forum.
    I even turned off Windows Defender and the crash continued. Turnon again.
    Now I played 3 hours straight without any problems,
    instead of running the game through Ubisoft Connect,
    I was the executable in the game's bin_plus folder in administrative mode, not the bin (which is apparently where connect runs). And I used the recommended Geforce Experience configuration.
    I used Lasted nvidia Driver (496.13), windows 11.
    My PC is a 5600/3070/16gb/Samsung970.
    maybe help colleagues. Or it could be my luck.

Sorry for my bad English.

edit:
    also,
    I disconnected the PlayStation control from the PC

• ITbites1976
    8 posts

Helloooo? If ure using NVIDIA roll back to 461,40 (Thanks to @juhanieminen )

Worked for me perfectly!

• kampi71
    9 posts

Small update from my side:

I was able to run the game for another 1 1/2 hours without any issues on the 471.96, which has no profle for the game and I tested it with the imported profle from the 472.12 and the game crashed like before. And btw, I'm running the game with my gpu oc profile again!!! I also have to add, that I'm directly starting the game from the directory (Admin, fullscreen opt.off marked and dpi scaling on & application) if that is maybe making any difference idk, but I just want to be exact. I don't know yet if it's a solution or just a coincidence, but before that I was for sure not able to play the game that long. Most of the time the crashing appeared within 10-30 minutes. Will test more.

• fragnetic_
    6 posts

@kampi71 461.40 does not support Windows 11

• ftkanizawa
    2 posts
    I played for over 20 hours without any crashes. However, once the crashes started, it never stopped.
    I looked for several solutions, including in this forum.
    I even turned off Windows Defender and the crash continued. Turnon again.
    Now I played 3 hours straight without any problems,
    instead of running the game through Ubisoft Connect,
    I was the executable in the game's bin_plus folder in administrative mode, not the bin (which is apparently where connect runs). And I used the recommended Geforce Experience configuration.
    I used Lasted nvidia Driver (496.13), windows 11.
    My PC is a 5600/3070/16gb/Samsung970.
    maybe help colleagues. Or it could be my luck.

Sorry for my bad English.

edit:
    also,
    I disconnected the PlayStation control from the PC

update: the top post is mine.

i have played for 8 hours straight since i posted here.
    totaling 11 hours playing.
    No crashes.
    With HD Texture Pack, albeit using Geforce Experience settings.

And I thought the framerate was also more stable.
    If you look at the game folder, bin and bin_plus, you will see that the dlls have different sizes, especially those that appear to refer to graphics.

I didn't disable any overlay (Xbox Bar, Ubisoft Connect, Geforce Experience).

I don't know if it helped, but I left the discord and steam closed.
    I also disconnected the PS4 Control.
    played full screen with vsync enabled.
    any screenshot I made by xbox bar of windows 11 and not by default windows print, nor by ubisoft connect print.
    I still played while listening to music on the Xbox bar's spotify app.

Run the game that is in the bin_plus folder, inside the game folder, in administrator mode.
    Maybe it will help some of you.
    I managed to finish the rest of the main campaign. Very good campaign, by the way

sorry again by my bad english, i am tokyo resident.
    Good Lucky.

• ITbites1976
    8 posts

@fragnetic_ incorrect - I have W11 and using 461.40 without problems plus no more crashes with FC6

I will not touch to new nvidia drivers before its 100% sure that it includes fix for this game.

• tawapah11
    7 posts

@thomsegregore I have the same issue and also went through all suggestions on the article.

It would have been nice with a message showing what the error actual is about.

• Kilter1999
    1 posts

próbowałem już wszystko co mogłem gra uruchomia się lecz przy kliknięciu nowa gra po opływie kliku sekund gra wyłącza się i wywala mnie na pulpit proszę o pomoc
    undefined

• tawapah11
    7 posts

@lollylion That sounds crazy... are you saying your PC can't boot anymore after the game crash?

• tawapah11
    7 posts

@dunarii @smesd @shoosh
    I'm crashing from splash screen also using a Ryzen 9 5900X.

Maybe the game doesn't support the newest CPU's? Though, it wouldn't make any sense as I got the game buying the CPU.

• Mortilla_
    94 posts

I disabled my anti-virus (bitdefender) and it appears to be running stable as of right now, but you never know with these crashes being so inconsistent - at least on my end.

It could be worth a try. 🐷

• darkman21ny
    1 posts

can't load saved game says took longer than expected......plz help

• catfish1967
    1 posts

Audio glitching on PS4 Far Cry. No helicopter sound, no battle sounds, glitchy conversation cut scenes. What do I do?

• Zurtx01
    10 posts

Decided to give it another try, with Nvidia new driver and a few days since I last tried.

Played maybe 10 minutes, if that, and surprise surprise, BSOD IRQ error, reset of PC.

Can you guys (Ubi) please let us know if there is an incoming patch for those of us with high end PCs that keep crashing.

If there is nothing incoming, I will just refund and wait till it goes on sale somewhere down the track.

I have a pile of other games that don't crash my system, that I can play in the meantime.

• tawapah11
    7 posts

@juhanieminen

I got my game work. I chance Nvidia drivers 472,12 to 461,40

Weird, everyone is told to update to the latest driver.

Does this mean the game doesn't support the latest nvidia drivers, as you got the game running by downgrading the driver?

Suggested Topics