ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Noxious81
    997 posts
    In Legendary difficulty, how much is practical in a variety of builds?
    (...)

I can only speak for myself, but for legendary content I mostly use

• a 3-3-0 ND build
    • a 4-3-1 ND build as a variant of the aforementioned build
    • a 3-3-0 AR build built around self preservation
    • a couple of full red AR builds that either incorporate Unbreakable, Obliterate, or Glass Canon (depending on the situation)
    • a full red rifle build
    • a 1-0-5 CC build
    • a 1-0-5 healer
    • a 0-0-6 support-tank
    • a 1-6-1 PfE-tank

And there are many other builds that carry basically every player, no matter how experienced or skilled they are, through legendary content – the notorious AFK-drone/turret-builds.

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

Compare div1 and div2,

Legendary difficulty play,

Will you find that the legendary play of div2 is much boring than div1, there are only a few fixed ones.

Shields, Scorpio, drones and turrets are almost bound to appear...

• Noxious81
    997 posts
    Compare div1 and div2,

Legendary difficulty play, (...)

In order to determine whether Gear 1.0 or Gear 2.0 is the better system overall, it's neither a good idea to look at TD1, nor to look at legendary difficulty only.

(...) Shields, Scorpio, drones and turrets are almost bound to appear...

Yes, if agents are punching above their weight. Because those builds are supporting wheels for the less experienced and sometimes also the less skilled players. Remember: originally legendary content was released as being only for the 1% top players of TD2. But by repeatedly toning down the difficulty, by introducing some op items – such as the Scorpio or the Memento – and by buffing self-playing-beginner-skill-builds (especially with the Capacitor, Rigger, the Waveform, Empress, ...) they opened that difficulty for players that are not really prepared for that kind of content.

• WalkinTarget1
    39 posts

To say that I was a huge fan of Gear 1 is an understatement. I would literally wake up at 3:00am, with a build idea floating in my head, and with a full stash and inventory, as well as 3 fleshed out chars, I could build anything. A few of my clanmates can vouch for my crazy build diversity, and to me the change to Gear 2 was not acceptable. I literally quit playing the game - cold turkey. Hard to go from 4+ hours a night to zero, but I did it. I'm a stubborn S.O.B. I ended up taking 2mos off before I missed my nightly interaction with my clanmates and eventually came back, only to see my builds gutted. But I now had to rethink my builds and refine them to work within the constraints of the new gear system. I hated losing those holstered weapon perks, as well as Patience on the kneepads, but I managed to make things work.

And compared to gear 1, yea, gear 2 does away with the tedious PIP requirements, but that's where I excelled at in my builds. There was clearly a meta build back then as well - the (in)famous 3/11/7 build that everyone was running. At least gear 2 was able to redesign skill builds so that many former DPS only guys gave a skill build a try, only to find out that they were very effective (overlooking the obvious cluster seeker spam that gear 1 introduced). So if you enjoy playing the game, you just have to adapt and make do, or move on to something else.

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

Too stereotyped, as long as you play Legendary difficulty, there are basically only these styles of play, and these have nothing to do with skills and proficiency. The agent could barely squat behind the wall and shiver. The full blue (including the mixed core) core does not hide behind the wall, but he is shooting bullet sponges. This legendary difficulty is very boring...

• Noxious81
    997 posts
    (...) This legendary difficulty is very boring...

Again: is this about gear or legendary difficulty?

(...) there are basically only these styles of play, (...)

What styles are you referring to? I think we've already listed quite a few playstyles and builds even for legendary missions?! So I neither can see a problem with build variety nor with efficiency of different builds.

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

Regarding the diversity of equipment that can adapt to the legendary difficulty.

And how much of this diversity can be completely abandoned, shields, Scorpio, chameleons, drones, 8X scopes and turrets?

How many mixed red and blue core equipment can do the same damage as 6 red cores without using exotic?

Let me be more blunt. With the 6-red core glass cannon Build, can it play Legendary difficulty solo without using a shield and 8X or 12X scopes?

• xcel30
    830 posts

I mean all remember from the first game is having zero build diversity because classified are just that much strong and enforce 6 pieces gear sets, so no build and they were so strong that i started to fell assleep even on legendary when using striker /predator/nomad/D3.
    Here i at least feel challanged on legendary a bit because the strong builds have drawback, the easy to break system from the first game thst let you be a tank healer DPS was too much.

Just because gear sets can coexist better with HE items drasticly improve variety and so does very much better exotic armors compared to div 1 that are more interesting than what we had in the first game

• Noxious81
    997 posts
    Regarding the diversity of equipment that can adapt to the legendary difficulty.

I've already mentioned it three or four times, but: legendary difficulty is not a good difficulty level to determine, whether a build is viable in the whole game or not. Because there are tons of builds that work perfectly on heroic difficulty, basically every build works on challenging difficulty (or easier), and still dozens of builds work for legendary content.

And how much of this diversity can be (...)?

I've listed it before, but I'll post it once again – here's my list of builds I regularly use for legendary content.

• a 3-3-0 ND build
    • a 4-3-1 ND build as a variant of the aforementioned build obviously with the Memento
    • a 3-3-0 AR build built around self preservation
    • a couple of full red AR builds that either incorporate Unbreakable, Obliterate, or Glass Canon (depending on the situation)
    • a full red rifle build
    • a 1-0-5 CC build
    • a 1-0-5 healer
    • a 0-0-6 support-tank
    • a 1-6-1 PfE-tank

And since I despise any of those beginners' AFK-drone/turret-builds or the meta Scorpio-Memento-HF-shield-builds, they are not even in that list.

Just because you don't want to play other builds or don't know other builds doesn't mean that there aren't other builds. Because as you can see: there are plenty of other builds. Which is also at least partly to the credit of Gear 2.0.

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

If diversity cannot be reflected in Legendary difficulty, then "diversity build" is just a false proposition...

I think that only builds that can run perfectly on the highest difficulty are efficient.

However, unfortunately, under the current premise of Gear2.0, I have not found "diversity" in Legendary difficulty.

Many builds are playing bullet sponges,

I often encounter in random match teams, a few mags can’t kill an npc build. I don’t know the meaning of its existence for this kind of pure time-wasting build?

There are so many meaningless builds, can it reflect the so-called diversity?

• Noxious81
    997 posts
    If diversity cannot be reflected in Legendary difficulty, then "diversity build" is just a false proposition...
    I think that only builds that can run perfectly on the highest difficulty are efficient.

I can't agree to that. There are of course builds that work on legendary difficulty and thus also work on every lower difficulty. But there are also a lot of builds, more specialized builds, that are of very good use during a Raid or in a legendary mission, but which are not needed or less efficient on lower difficulties.

Specialized builds that can help teams complete legendary content are healer builds, support builds, or CC builds. While some of them still might make life a bit more comfortable in heroic missions, some of them simply are not need in any other difficulty below legendary/raids.

Also a full red build (especially in well balanced team) can be nearly mandatory when playing the hardest content (because the team has certain roles and the full red build has the role to deal damage in the very first place). But on lower difficulties the amount of damage a well built full red build can dish out are not needed. Thus resulting in on the one hand "overkilling" enemies and on the other hand wasting potential for e.g. more survivability.

And I'm not getting tired of again stating that also 3-3-0 builds are very very viable for legendary content. Sometimes more survivability can save you from getting downed, from wasting a hive, from having another mate revive you, or just from needing to get in cover and heal. Which basically means: more time to kill.

However, unfortunately, under the current premise of Gear2.0, I have not found "diversity" in Legendary difficulty.

Then you clearly did not read any of my previous postings. I alone have listed over a dozen of builds. Twice. And I'll again say that "just because you don't (...) know other builds doesn't mean that there aren't other builds."

(...) I often encounter in random match teams, a few mags can’t kill an npc build. I don’t know the meaning of its existence for this kind of pure time-wasting build?
    There are so many meaningless builds, can it reflect the so-called diversity?

Most probably the builds you are referring to... which you had to experience... are just not good builds. Depending on the player there can be great 6-0-0 builds and there can be absolutely garbage 6-0-0 builds. There can be highly efficient 3-3-0 builds and builds that at first glance look alike, but do not perform at all. And finally, also even a veeeeeeeery good and optimized build does not make a good player.

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

I think that if you can't kill the most enemies in the shortest time, no amount of support will be wasted.

With a mixture of red and blue cores, you will need to use two magazines or more to kill an NPC.

In my opinion, this is a waste of time...

If I can finish something in 10 minutes, why should I delay it to 20 minutes?

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    If I can finish something in 10 minutes, why should I delay it to 20 minutes?

Because different people enjoy different play styles. The game is built around this idea, hence a variety of gear, talents and global events. Even speed runners are catered to (albeit only mildly) with leagues and the raid timer. You may only care about clearing content quickly, but others may have different priorities.

• xcel30
    830 posts

@atf-xeno You forgot to add the 15 min of people constnatly trying to get back up because they can't deal with swarms of granades, explosive drones and uber healing stations if the enemy jus stays behind cover without moving like they do in legendary because your team doesn't have any CC or healer or tank to be able to somehow either distract the enemy or let you keep fighting while dealing with all that. I mean i guess in a perfect scenario people all with 6 red and glass cannon using snipers that don't miss a single shot and instantly headshot every single enemy are the fastest strat but reality is not kind

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

So, I want to have a gear that can deal 6 red core damage and 6 blue health regeneration.

Like the classified Striker of DIV1.

When I finished my first legendary solo, I found that auxiliary support was really unnecessary.

The inefficient builds of random teammates are even a drag in my opinion.

From TU1 to the present, more than 4000 hours (div2) of game time, I think Gear 2.0 is really the worst equipment system I have encountered since I came into contact with The Division series...

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    When I finished my first legendary solo, I found that auxiliary support was really unnecessary.

And that's fine, but the point you're ignoring is that what *you* want isn't what everyone else wants.

• xcel30
    830 posts

@atf-xeno Yeah and i think that's just busted that makes everything irrelevant and make the game a snoozefest because anything related to balance doesn't exist, we just have to agree to disagree on this matter i guess since it's pretty clear it's just personal views

Suggested Topics