ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mattjib
    Original poster 13 posts

Hi devs with the massive balancing issues there is in the game especially PvP, will the gear be reworked for the new content arriving soon. Personally I'd love to see a return of gear 1.0 where we had talents on all items and needed a set number of blue, red or yellows to make talents work. This was so much better and would go a long way in addressing some of the balancing issues. Take the current talent intimidate for example a tank with 6 blues can still do an insane amount of damage and this shouldn't be the case. There should be a maximum amount of blue cores a player can have before this talent doesn't work

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

1 Million Times No. Gating needs to DIAF.
    Gear 2.0 >>> Gear 1.0

Though I 100% agree Intimidate [and In-Sync and LD] need a PvP Modifier. They also need to make two handed weapons have hipfire acc/stb and a reload penalty while using the Crusader Shield.

I could see them adding back passive talents to the Mask. I could see them shuffling some talents around or changing them a bit. I hope to $Deity they don't step back to Gear 1.0

I'd love for them to push the Specializations further out into their niches, including putting some talents there though.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Personally I'd love to see a return of gear 1.0 where we had talents on all items and needed a set number of blue, red or yellows to make talents work

No thanks. We don't need a return to the terrible RNG of the first year, nor the arcane knowledge required to put together a build.

That's not to say Gear 2.0 is perfect, but going back to pip gating would be terrible.

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

I don't understand, why are some players so disgusted with using their brains to think?

• Noxious81
    1026 posts
    (...) Personally I'd love to see a return of gear 1.0 where we had talents on all items and needed a set number of blue, red or yellows to make talents work. (...)

Absolutely not. Gear 2.0 had a very good impact on the game. As said before – it may not be perfect but it is way better than Gear 1.0.

Maybe some talents might get a PvP modifier or some smaller buffs or nerfs (Gear 2.1 so to say), but I sure hope they will not be changing the logic behind gear, brands, sets, talents etc. we are having now.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@atf-xeno there was literally no more thinking, just different thinking. Stop trotting out that moronic canard.

I had the spreadsheet showing each drop permutation. There were builds that flat out couldn't be made, and far less build diversity. Plus, RNG was even worse because of the pips. I went from having about 12 solid builds to a few dozen. If you even tried for a few seconds to parse the changes, you'd also notice some of those talents moves to attributes.

Do I miss my OP Pyro/Spotter/Unbreakable/Wicked AR? Yes. Do I miss my crazy Cowboy with the old High-Noon? Yep. Do folks miss the easy button seeker? Of course. But you clowns need to stop holding this believe - more Talents does not mean more builds or more power.

Stop wearing the rose tinted glasses.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@atf-xeno I don't understand why masochism is so appealing to some players

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

Agents in the Gear1.0 era can have strong defenses and attacks at the same time. What about the 2.0 agents?

6 blue cores lead to shooting bullet sponges,

The 6 red cores are as fragile as paper,

There are both red and blue, and there is neither strong enough health nor strong enough attack.

In my opinion, Gear2.0 is for masochists...

Why can't agents have 6 red attacks and 6 blue defenses at the same time?

Think of the classified striker in the DV1 era.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@atf-xeno from the OP:

Take the current talent intimidate for example a tank with 6 blues can still do an insane amount of damage and this shouldn't be the case.

Point being, there is no consensus about the balance of damage vs defense among the player base.

Think of the classified striker in the DV1 era.

The classified sets arrived late in Div 1's life, and build diversity quickly devolved down to "which of a handful of classified sets should I use" when they did.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@atf-xeno the Devs talked about this. They wanted people to push out into roles, not be super hybrids. I 100% agree with them, and wish they went further by making the Specializations more niche. Doubly so because it meant dropping the moronic pips.

Also, you aren't building right if you think that - you couldn't make an all offensive Unbreakable build in 1.0 or an all Armor Spotter+Concussion build [I'll stop at two examples]. Now that we can mix and match talents with any core, there is more freedom to build as you desire, plus it only takes 10 hours to farm for a build instead of 40.

We already have Classified Sets in Div2 - they just changed the 5th & 6th pieces to Chest and Backpack "Amplifications". 👩‍🏫

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

"Freedom to build",In actual games, there are actually only a few more efficient ones, and many of the remaining ones are flashy.

The BD in the 1.0 era, although they may be difficult to complete, the efficiency of their customs clearance is real.

They can and can both attack and defend. It is not as extreme and useless as in the 2.0 era.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@atf-xeno demonstrably false, but I've had this conversation many times on the forums since Gear 2.0 and am not expecting you to show your work - because your lot never does. You're using System 1, straight from the feels, and I'm using System 2, looking at the numbers - we're just going to talk past each other.

I even took the time to plug the top builds from Division Builder into my calculator to see how the build power compares one of those times. They don't, but then there have been other balance changes too, so it's not really apples to apples.

There were some better aspects of Gear 1.0, but as an overall system, 2.0 is clearly better if you look at it holistically - and especially if you look at build diversity. Anything with gating will always be mathematically inferior, as well as less usable and more RNG dependent.

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

I only care about the effectiveness of the build and the efficiency of customs clearance,

As for the diversity, no amount of flashy builds is useless...

Why can NPC have high defense and high attack at the same time,

But the agent can only choose one between attack and defense?

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@atf-xeno I have both offense & defense, so not sure what you're on about - but also the Devs deliberately made the game to not be a power fantasy on Heroic+, so I guess take it up with them.

Have you not played since WONY because you were too upset by the gear system change? There are more builds that can handle Heroic now than there were before the change. Not really sure what you mean by flashy or custom clearance.

As for the sponge on Heroic+, we're in agreement, it's dumb - but it was like that in Gear 1.0 except when you could stack DTE [and even then, only if you teamed up, because Heroic was permascaled for a 4man]. You can get close to replicating it with Max Crit + offensive talent builds though.

What's the specific build you miss?

• N3mB0t
    1016 posts

i really dont get this requests/rants , the agent is powerful enough to be able to kill hundreds of thousands of enemies all alone , one NPC gets lucky and suddenly the agent is portrayed as being as weak as an ant...

asking for help is a beatiful thing , how about trying that instead? or are you one of those persons who cant realize the problem lies between the keyboard and the chair 99% of the time?

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@n3mb0t yeah, I murdered 64 True Sons, including 4 of their top officers in less than 10 minutes, yet somehow I'm the one at a disadvantage 😵

• ATF-Xeno
    74 posts

In Legendary difficulty, how much is practical in a variety of builds?

What is the fastest time to pass the legend?

PS: The build I miss most is the 9000 stamina classified striker.

• xcel30
    844 posts

Oh god 1.0 not again, stats were horribly unbalanced, the power distribution system was clearly flawed, shotguns were mostly joke tier weapons with melee damage bonus, and magical do all builds just ruined the game

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@atf-xeno Gear 1.0 builds able to clear Legendary = 0 😜

Probably shouldn't use the "purposefully over the top and aimed at the top 5% of the player base" as your example, doubly so since it didn't exist for Gear 1.0 and only has 4 options - though I can think of a handful of builds I've seen clear Legendary or that I've used in Legendary myself. I bet I could use a decent variety to clear floors of Legendary Summit too if I were a masochist that didn't hate sponge, since that's less demanding than the Strongholds.

I will say, Striker was a beast in Div 1, and a worthless shell of itself in Div2. I've wondered if they nerfed it so that people would use other gear sets this go round.

As I said, Gear 1.0 had some perks, but pip-gating is the devil and negates any desire I have to wistfully reminisce about my two favorite builds of all time [in any div game]. I also like the group synergy options of 2.0 that didn't exist prior, and it truly does allow for a greater variety of builds and approaches for when I get board of mains.

Suggested Topics