ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• skipswift
    Original poster 1 posts

Can someone walk me through the steps to upgrade/transfer songs from Rocksmith 2014 PS3 to Rocksmith 2014 on the PS5? I don't have a PS4 and I want to make sure all of the songs included with the original Rocksmith (which I upgraded to Rocksmith 2014 on my PS3) and all of the original songs from 2014 are available to me on my PS5. Thanks in advance.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3613 posts

Hello @skipswift, thank you for getting in touch with us.

The way you transfer DLC and purchased songs would depend on what version of the game you have Rocksmith or the Rocksmith 2014 remaster.

We have an in-depth guide on our old forums explaining how to download songs and also import them using the import tool.

I have not seen this achieved on a PS5, but as the console's menu matches the PS4 menu I think the process will remain the same. Please see our forum post for more information on how to do this, which also lists many frequently asked questions about this process > https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/924044-Rocksmith-2014-PlayStation-4-amp-Xbox-One-FAQ: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/924044-Rocksmith-2014-PlayStation-4-amp-Xbox-One-FAQ)

Official Response
  • randomas
    5 posts

@ubi-milky I have a related question. I have a PS4 and not a PS5. I would like, sometime down the line to upgrade to PS5, however I understand you are going to pull all Rocksmith legacy content from the stores (i.e. no more buying dlc, only get to keep what you have). If I were to upgrade after the great dlc pull, would I still be able to access my ps3/ps4 RS dlc on ps5?

• pedietz
    70 posts

@randomas Why do you think the RS2014 content is going to be removed from the PS store?

Hard drives get replaced. People will always need to reinstall DLC.

RS+ isn't going to use the Playstation store. It's going to use some ubisoft connect proxy dealio.
    Sony wouldnt be able to manage 10,000 DLC or 1M DLC if it were that many.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4014 posts

Hey @randomas ,

The removal of DLC content from the store shouldn't impact your ability to transfer content you already own up through your consoles.

Sorry for our delay in getting back to you and if there's anything more we can help with, please let us know!

Official Response
  • randomas
    5 posts

@ubi-theberry Thank you for that, I'm still jumping through hoops to buy content via ps3 to make sure it works on all consoles I own... My bad on the content removal it was for the original rocksmith, not 2014.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@randomas No problem at all. If you need anything else please get in touch.

Thank you.

Suggested Topics