Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• True_Coverage
    Original poster 23 posts

The takedowns was much better in New Dawn

Can we get a DLC with some new Takedown animations?

And for the love of god, tone down the blood from machete kills... its WAY over the top -_-

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sleezure
    109 posts

@true_coverage Yeah, they're almost like Witcher 3 finishers--not particularly stealthy.

• SofaJockey
    370 posts

I thought people were wanting more gore?
    This seems only to be responding to customer feedback.

• KrayZee_
    77 posts

@sofajockey The regulars who visit this forum often do, these newcomers don't it seem.

• True_Coverage
    Original poster 23 posts

@sofajockey im all for gore if its presented well and realistically

In this game, the blood just gushes out like a fire hydrant and it its a very low grade/quality VFX

Like its been slapped in the game last minute by some junior trainee VFX artist on his first day... drunk

• DV20Katana
    139 posts

I agree, the takedowns are better in older FCs.

I dont know why they even bother with blood effects when even in an 18 rated game there is no body-damage to enemies. No realistic bullet wounds and no dismemberment when using heavy weapons or boshing the enemy with a machete. So the weapons are pretty much just window dressing, different only in their stats.

This is yet another Airsoft Simulator.

Who remembers the saw-blade launcher in New Dawn? The expectation was that it would slice a leg or arm off the enemy considering that you know its a circular sawblade launched at high velocity.

Nope. Enemy just falls over intact.

• As1r0nimo
    161 posts

@dv20katana Well, it took so many AC games for them to finally add gore system in AC Valhalla)

• Sparhawk122
    76 posts

@sofajockey What gore? There's no knife markings on the enemies or blood splatter on the ground after a takedown....

• As1r0nimo
    161 posts

@sparhawk122 you can't see "In AC VALHALLA"?

• a22ghooligan
    43 posts

@dv20katana Im old enough to have played soldier of fortune from 2000-2002, this game had gore down to a fine art (maybe a bit over the top) but man it was fun. But that game is kinda my benchmark, and would love to see some kinda dismemberment in far cry. Im shooting dudes in FC6 with a minigun, they should be getting ripped to shreds but they just fall over. Your right its an air-soft simulator.

Heres how ya do gore, the game definitely gives ya more impact then a LOT of these 'next gen' games.....

• DV20Katana
    139 posts

@a22ghooligan how I wish FC games had that, would be an absolute blast. At least with heavy weapons even.

I still dont get it. FC games are rated 18, other 18 rated like Fallout 4, Wolfenstein New Colossus, Sniper Elite, Mount & Blade etc. all have slice and dice.

• anteronoid
    28 posts

@a22ghooligan Ohhh, yeah, I loved it too. No other game have come close for me. Loved SOF!
    Thx for the nostalgia moment! 😊

Suggested Topics