ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• a22ghooligan
    Original poster 43 posts

Was really looking forward to finally have a horse in a fry cry game. Wander around on a beautiful map chilling out taking in the scenery.

Instead we got a horse that's always rushing about, crashing into things and just not the chill out trot around the map I was hoping for.

Just a key to toggle between sprint/run/walk would be lovely.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sleezure
    141 posts

@a22ghooligan The horses are on some really bad drugs.

• a22ghooligan
    Original poster 43 posts

@sleezure why is it I start a thread and blammo! I get the dummy with a bad case of the brain farts....

• Law-II
    160 posts

agree; toggle between sprint/run/walk for the Horse needs to be a thing
    Was wondering about that, thought I had the wrong settings; then realised there are no settings for that
    Ubisoft / developers: [this option should have been in from the start]   

• a22ghooligan
    Original poster 43 posts
    agree; toggle between sprint/run/walk for the Horse needs to be a thing
    Was wondering about that, thought I had the wrong settings; then realised there are no settings for that
    Ubisoft / developers: [this option should have been in from the start]   

Yea it's not just fc6 same problem is still present in valhalla. Well most console ports have this same problem, red dead 2 got fixed by a modder heres hoping Modders can fix fc6.

Can't see ubi doing anything about it anytime soon. I know it's only tiny compared to some of the other issues, but this kinda breaks the immersion for me. I'm sure if I used a pad for riding it will be fine, but I'm not switching everytime I get on a horse, plus I can't aim with a pad.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@a22ghooligan - There is a toggle button for walking in Valhalla or at least a button for walking -- I'm pretty sure!

But yeah -- huge bummer that developers keep on forgetting about this on PC. -_-

• a22ghooligan
    Original poster 43 posts
    @a22ghooligan - There is a toggle button for walking in Valhalla or at least a button for walking -- I'm pretty sure!

But yeah -- huge bummer that developers keep on forgetting about this on PC. -_-

Oh yea there is, hopefully we get same thing in fc6.

Was spoilt by red dead 2 Modder, they put walk speed on the mouse wheel. Totally perfect and brilliant cannot play red dead without that mod. But if it can be modded why don't game devs give us the mouse wheel option in other games?

• martygod12
    247 posts

Cause its PC, remember Cyberpunk when there was no walk toggle and modders had to do it? I dont think that there is even a walk button when you on foot in FC6 or is it? And yeah its needed.

• lefthorse
    10 posts

@a22ghooligan I couldn't agree more about the horses. I am so disappointed. I'd even settle for how they were handled in AC O--where you could set the sprint speed.

The other big mistake studios make with horses is how limited your FOV becomes. I grew up on horses, and while they are great for transportation, another reason humans took to them is because of how much *more* you can see when you are on them. If anyone wants to get horses right, or at least better, they're going to need to address that. I had high-ish hopes for these guys, but meh.

And yeah, why are they always hurtling around, especially on those tiny, narrow trails? It's very disappointing.

• lefthorse
    10 posts

@a22ghooligan Wow. Just booted up and saw a large herd of wild horses--ten or more--completely destroy some poor people's house. The horses were in the running away stage and just FUBARed the whole place--walls exploding, cars rocking, people screaming. What, we have horses of the apocalypse here? The horses themselves are done pretty well, but their interactions with the world could definitely use some work.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@martygod12 - Nope, there is no walk-button in the game.

Plenty of PC games have it -- it's just one of those things that gets overlooked in some games for some reason. 🐷

• a22ghooligan
    Original poster 43 posts
    @a22ghooligan Wow. Just booted up and saw a large herd of wild horses--ten or more--completely destroy some poor people's house. The horses were in the running away stage and just FUBARed the whole place--walls exploding, cars rocking, people screaming. What, we have horses of the apocalypse here? The horses themselves are done pretty well, but their interactions with the world could definitely use some work.

Lol yup I seen exactly the same, the horses are just crazy.

It seems even riding a horse makes the general public panic. Or is that just because us PC players are always stuck on run or sprint. Would be great to actually be able too slow down as u enter a town, ride past people. Well it would just be great to be to slow down anywhere.
    What's ubi's official word on this, should we learn to switch to a pad, or is something gonna get fixed.

Or modders???

• happyporkchops
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics