ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Malkavian213
    Original poster 2 posts

I know they implemented some more immersive means of making different enemies more difficult than others, but are those layered on top of the grindy, mundane Tiered Levels system New Dawn had? It's not a deal breaker I'm just curious.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sleezure
    140 posts

@malkavian213 While it's technically a different system, the result is still the same: Level-gated grind with bullet-sponge enemies. Only now you also get the infamous Wolfenstein: Youngblood "feature" of needing match particular ammo types to specific enemies.

• KrayZee_
    96 posts

@malkavian213 I've been stealthily killing every enemy with instant kill machete takedowns and silenced headshots. I even turned off HUD for health bars above their heads. It doesn't feel grindy or mundane. The crafting is emphasized more in Far Cry 6 than New Dawn, but killing enemies feel like Far Cry 5 with a machete. Unlike Far Cry 5, stealth is actually harder in Far Cry 6. Even if the enemy detection meter doesn't max out and alerts enemies, they begin to investigate where you are hiding or start staring at you if there is a detection meter on you. If the detection meter maxes out, of course they are alerted. The stealth and AI behavior is very similar to early Far Cry games, before Far Cry 3.

So far the enemy type that feels bullet spongey are the special forces. The game even emphasizes those words and warn you about them. Everyone else, even heavies, die quick.

• YungSapien59
    5 posts

@krayzee_ The "special forces" aspect is implemented pathetically. I was expecting like, a team of 4 smart enemies to rope in from a chopper and hunt me down. Nope. A jeep pulls up and 2 idiots with crazy heavy armor and machine guns hop out that took 3 head shots each to drop... wow... Special Forces does not mean throw on pretend body suits and carry a support weapon around.

And the stealth is pathetic, the tying your skills in to your clothes and backpack was a very dumb move, so now I can only do a certain take down if I'm wearing the correct ball cap. Makes sense. The machete take downs look janky as hell.

And the AI is so bad, you can literally beat this game by standing in a bush with the M14 AP bullet, Suppressor, and Scope, and nobody will spot you, care that you're killing everyone, or offer any meaningful resistance... well except when they respawn in behind you after you cleared out the area once. Or throw wave after wave after wave of men at you until you run out of ammo.

• Kamikaze-TMX
    10 posts

@yungsapien59 haha lol ye the ai, i took over a place without ever any1 spotting me and how did i do that? i just was on a higher platform and i used sometimes my auto turret that was not seen as a enemy move.... so i lay down there every enemy exepts for 1 all up the ladder and i headshot them as soon they came up with the nailgun. then the last mob i shot down with my rifle sniper and poof captured a outpost just like that... and some outpost they have ofcourse a tower next to it so you go in the tower and x everthing then you kill everything silently and poof another super easy takeover and that not even with story mode on... this game is a big joke... just like some missions they wont finish even if you are in the tank you must capture but it just wont go trough with the mission. or like my minimap/radar faded out. i had to restart my autosave.... and so many other bugs....

• Bokmaholland
    1 posts

Black screen here also 😧

Suggested Topics