ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RobertB348
    Original poster 1 posts

Repetitive and boring. I have played it for a couple of hours and was very underwhelmed.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@robertb348 - Hehe, then I suggest you don't play any of the other Ubisoft titles. 😛

Many of their games, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed, etc - run a similar theme: big sprawling open world, wreak havoc there, take over this, shoot this, etc.

This is, by far, the best Far Cry 6 yet IMO.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@mortilla_ 15 hours in and i'm having a blast. Clearly your mileage varies. Personal taste.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@sofajockey Hm?

I was just trying to help OP with his issue regarding the "repetitive and boring" nature of the game because I can totally relate to what he is saying - which you can also expand to Ubisoft games in general. Yes, what he wrote was vague lol, but "repetitive and boring" is sadly often times associated with games from Ubisoft, and for good reason.

Personally, I'm 9 hours in and am absolutely loving it thus far; Far Cry 6 is a huge improvement and my personal favorite in the series.

• Zuppel85
    3 posts

The game is absolute filth. Since Far Cry 3, it's only gone downhill, so it's best to cancel it. such a garbage!!!!!!!

• Netspook
    349 posts
    The game is absolute filth. Since Far Cry 3, it's only gone downhill, so it's best to cancel it. such a garbage!!!!!!!

Agree on the part I've marked, but the way down has not been steep at all. Imo, 4 was a little worse than 3, 5 even a tiny little worse than that, and same with 6.

But calling FC 6 "absolute filth / garbage", is VERY far from the truth, imo. It most certainly has it's issues, but both this one and the previous ones (after FC 2) are all good games, even though every iteration have been of a little lower quality than the previous ones.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts
    Personally, I'm 9 hours in and am absolutely loving it thus far; Far Cry 6 is a huge improvement and my personal favorite in the series.

I'm finding it gets better (15 hours in).
    The story is becoming very engaging which provides strong energy behind doing all the other stuff.

• danny6604
    1 posts

Completely disagree but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Really enjoying the game so far.

• Qurin
    1 posts

@robertb348 I totally agree with you. The FC series of games has degraded.

• KrayZee_
    98 posts
    @mortilla_ 15 hours in and i'm having a blast. Clearly your mileage varies. Personal taste.

So am I. Gamers' absurd attitudes and expectations these days are so much worse today than over 10 years ago. It'll only get worse in the future unless gamers learn how to appreciate.

• mrsleep0000
    29 posts

LOL, all games are repetitive.
    Probably should find a different hobby if that's a problem for you.

• Korzac81
    11 posts

This is the best FC since 3 and it's the biggest changes we've seen in a FC since the move from 2 to 3. But, people will complain no matter what

• Ribellu__
    72 posts

There is nothing to save, each to his own tastes and his own experience in video games, you make your case a generality...

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@zuppel85 Actually I liked Far Cry 4 a whole lot, it may be my favorite. Far Cry 5 was real good other then being filled with anti-christian comments, the gameplay was fun. Far Cry 6 is taking me sometime to get use too but I am expecting to get a 200 or 300 hours of solid gameplay from it, so far, so good. *shrug*

• blake172005
    1 posts

I hate this. the story is garbage. I have no motive to help anyone and the new systems are too streamlined to be fun. The first gun I found is the best in game and there is little reason to explore. The textures are nice and all but this feels like they phoned it in. The terrain makes no sense and I know I've seen these assets before. The AI are dumb as hell and they stop moving when shot at and stand still for you to line up your headshot. Cars stop driving and shoot at you with a pistol instead of run you over. you can take out major AA installations with one hand grenade. Worst of all their pathing system causes them to get stuck in weird ways everywhere. The random 3rd person mode in camps is terrible. The island is a modern college campus with cartoonish stereotyped inhabitants that seem more likely to inhabit a coffee shop in California 3rd world dictatorship. I want a refund but alas I couldn't buy this on steam and cant hold them accountable. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Save your money

• katzenkrimis71
    233 posts

You can always play darts.

Nobody will miss you. In fact, we'll look forward to seeing you struggle as you attempt to qualify for the World Darts Championship.

Having quit after only two hours of this game, your attention span isn't appropriate for any sport, really. Not even five-pin bowling.

Maybe your just another one of those Witcher-III-for-life kind of guys. 'Best game ever made' and all that bit.

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@katzenkrimis71 I have to agree with you about only investing 2 hours into the game. It took me longer then that to leave the Starter Island, I have been finding plenty to do. I just got out of a tank after shooting up a Checkpoint, that was great fun. I have crashed two airplanes in a row trying to get off of the ground, for some reason they are reversing on me when I try to move forward. I will have to sort that out.

• H8MyBoss
    9 posts

@robertb348 and this is why I am fine with not having unrealistic expectations, and not being over analytical. It's a friggin' video game, they are ALL repetitive in one way or another. I expected some repetitiveness, so, not disappointed. Really enjoying 6 so far.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@krayzee_ - Dude, what? The state of this industry has never been worse off than what it is today.

Yeah, I agree, gamers are whiney brats -- but see, that's because they're treated like garbage by constantly being lied to. This industry sells us short with subpar products and it's the same industry that gets kids hooked on gambling. Check your attitude, dude.

No other industry would get away with this type of behavior.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@h8myboss

Is this your first Ubisoft title?

Literally, pick any Ubisoft title made in the last.. 10 years? It's the same game, dude.

I get it, it's a good formula that works -- but if you keep pushing the same formula for literally a decade then people will react.

Suggested Topics