ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Nushbag
    Original poster 6 posts

I've encountered an issue basically from my whole playtime of the game where looking around using the mouse does not feel smooth and leads to motion sickness even with FOV at maximum. I have a 3060ti and a Ryzen 5 5600X and get FPS ranging from 80 in large bases to 120 most of the time on high settings. I also have all the accessiblity settings for motion blur turned off but they have no effect. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help diagnose or fix this problem.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• flyguy446
    1 posts

@nushbag had the same issue, try cranking up the fov to 100+ it help does make the game look a bit wierd but that was the only way i could play

• Nushbag
    Original poster 6 posts

@flyguy446 Unfortunately I've tried that and its still persistent. I found out that other people have the same issue on reddit where the FPS looks much less than is reported on counters which leads to the strange FOV/ Motion blur issue.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1222 posts

Hey there @Nushbag

The team are aware of a number of reports from players requesting the ability to turn off chromatic aberration as this is causing motion sickness for some players, this might be what's causing this for you as well. This is under active investigation at the moment. As soon as we can provide any updates on this they'll be posted to the forums.

Official Response
  • Lidi_Melo
    12 posts
    When I use mouse and keyboard, when I rotate the camera, its weird.  I feel kind of motion sickness.

For example if I keep moving left and right. But that doesn't happen when I play with joystick.

With joystick the camera does not lose focus.

I don't know if I was clear when explaining.

Does anyone have a similar problem and how to solve it?

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2181 posts

Hey @lidi_melo, sorry to hear this, could you please try going through your video settings and disabling some of the settings to see if that helps? I would recommend taking a look at the Motion tab which can be found in the Quality Settings. Here, you can find the camera shake and motion blur settings. Should you have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Official Response
  • Lidi_Melo
    12 posts
    @ubi-gizmo Did not work.

I've tried several things:

- Change game resolution

- Turn off motion blur, camera shake.

- Tested numerous settings.

- I changed my mouse.

- Changed Mouse DPI; Polling Rate

- Installed on SSD, ran as administrator.

Anyway, several things.

This topic explains the problem much better:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/111730/motion-blur-sickness-from-looking-around-with-mouse?lang=en-US

With joystick the problem does not happen.

I run the game at 60 FPS on medium.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2268 posts

Thanks for coming back with this further information on the settings changes you'd made, @Lidi_Melo - I really appreciate that! For the other thread you'd linked, I can see we'd forwarded on feedback from other players that was similar to what you've expressed, and I've added your feedback to that same report.

My apologies for the inconvenience while we look into this. Please let me know if you've any further thoughts or questions!

Official Response
  • Lidi_Melo
    12 posts

@ubi-orion
    Hi. Any news about this problem? Thanks

• Lidi_Melo
    12 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    Any news about this problem? Thanks

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2181 posts

Hey again @lidi_melo, I'm afraid we don't have updates regarding this. If any changes are to be made regarding this, information will be posted over on our News and Announcements section.

Should you have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics