Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Johnson9191
    Original poster 18 posts

Seriously Ubisoft, this has never been a problem before in your games, but watching the cut scenes in FC6 is seriously immersion breaking since they are stretched to fill to the edges on my 21:9 monitor (Windows 10) and so result in the images and characters looking distorted. At least add an option for those like me who would much prefer to have black bars at the side to get an undistorted picture.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rtxus
    17 posts

@johnson9191 You probably use AMD FX Super Resolution? When i use it, it stretches cutscenes but also the phone scan view.. Turning it off removes the stretching, i reported this 4h ago but no Ubi support person have even responded.

There is a fix to get fullscreen cutscenes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/widescreengamingforum/comments/q2w6t3/far_cry_6_ultrawide_cutscene_fix_hor/
    But it mess the UI in menus. I tried it, works fine for cutscenes, but AMD FX will still stretch anything.

• Timmmy84
    3 posts

@johnson9191 I found this on my 32:9, but only in some cases... I've had some cut scenes where it has the black bars down the sides and I agree, it's definitely preferable than having distorted faces. Given that there ARE some with the black bars, hopefully it's something they can easily implement, makes you wonder why they did it on some but not all?!?!

Not that I can get the game to bloody work at the moment though!

• Johnson9191
    Original poster 18 posts

It seems that if you turn on the AMD FSR, then cut scenes are stretched, if you turn off then the cut scenes play fine but are small so there will be black bars top / bottom and both sides. Never had this issue before on Ubisoft titles, they always played back as expected, full height 16:9 with black bars at sides.

• Eark428
    9 posts

@johnson9191 if you still get this problem, for temporary you might want to check https://www.reddit.com/r/widescreengamingforum/comments/q2w6t3/far_cry_6_ultrawide_cutscene_fix_hor/ again,
    they finally fix problem and you can AMD FSR. It dont fix top/bottom backbar but sidebar black bar are gone and some cutscene that fix to 16:9 scale stay at 16:9 but minor anyway.
    if they tutorial it hard to follow, in reddit comment they people upload they config, so you can use it right away.

• Johnson9191
    Original poster 18 posts

Ok thanks, I'll just leave it for now, I probably won't play the game much longer due to other things I'm not liking about the game...

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 954 posts

Hey everyone, thanks for the assistance with this and I want to apologise for the time it has taken to respond. I want to assure you that the development team are aware of this issue caused by having FSR enabled and they're currently investigating.

Further updates regarding this will be posted over on our News and Announcements section.

If you have any other questions or issues that you would like to report, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics