Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NE1ON_Marshman
    Original poster 5 posts

Co-op partner is missing out on some quality dialog, lore & story by not being able to hear or see the quest-giver dialog before the main player accepts the quest. Is this a bug or a design limitation?
    Surely the audio clip for that quest can be triggered from the NPC for the second player to hear at least?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 482 posts

Hi there @ne1on_marshman, sorry to hear your co-op partner is having audio issues. Would you please have your co-op partner contact us directly, so that we can investigate this issue further on their side? Thanks!

Official Response
  • andymxx
    2 posts

@ubi-mercury Hello, I am experiencing the same issue when I am playing co-op as the guest and the same for my friend when I am hosting the game. The dialogue for missions triggers for the co-op host and the guest can't hear or see anything. We are both playing on PS5 consoles.

• ready_ch
    1 posts

I have the same problem on Stadia.

• NE1ON_Marshman
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-mercury I am the aforementioned co-op partner. My friend is hosting the session and I am basically player 2. Whenever she initiates a mission and the quest-giver dialogue screen comes up, I am unable to hear or see the text or audio from the quest-giver NPC.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1047 posts

@ne1on_marshman Thank you for letting us know this. Do you think you would be able to obtain a video of this happening so we can report it to the dev team?

Official Response
  • andymxx
    2 posts

@ubi-viral Hello,

Just to give you a little more info on this, at least on my side:

I am currently playing Far Cry 6 in Co-Op with a friend and when I start a quest, the dialogue for the beginning of the quest is only available for me (the host). Same thing happens when my friend is the host and he starts the quest. There is no audio or visual for the other player whatsoever, even if the guest player is right next to the NPC during the quest screen.

As a note, I am talking about the quests that have an Accept/Decline option and NOT the ones with cutscenes. The cutscenes work fine for both players.

Thanks!

• mcmike1111
    3 posts

I have the same issue. Only the host can access and hear the mission accept screen, the coop friend can't hear or see anything. This is really annoying as it breaks the immersion and enjoyment of the game. What is the point of making a separate screen anyway? The in-game briefing from FC5 worked fine.
    Windows 10

• blictorshade
    2 posts

Me and my brother are having the same issue. Found a Youtube video just to confirm that it wasn't just us. This is not me or my brother, but just a youtube video we found to confirm it was not just us having this issue. The issue seen in this video is identical to the one described above and identical to the one we experienced.

Start at marker 1:57:50

• mcmike1111
    3 posts

@Ubi-Mercury @Ubi-Viral The bug is at 1:57:47 on the video posted above for example. Only the host can see and hear the mission screen, so his coop partner is missing on hearing and reading important mission details. Any update if this will be fixed?

• Smoolio
    2 posts

I wish this was a bug that is going to get fixed, but pretty sure its just a poorly designed mechanic.

• imkeeh
    3 posts

Just replying to this topic saying that it happens to everyone apparently. I'm the host and my co-op friend doesn't hear ANY of the dialogue if it's not a full-on cutscene. It honestly ruins the co-op gameplay cause my friend has absolutely no clue what we're doing. I read out what the pop-up screens say when you try to accept a mission, but it's entirely different. He's actually playing the same missions over on his own game in single player again as a way of actually grasping the story and dialogue. How have beta testers not found this to be extremely annoying? You wanna play the co-op, then why not give the non-host co-op player the story as well?

• mcmike1111
    3 posts

@imkeeh this seems to be a budget and/or time issue, judging from the number of reported bugs, glitches and crashes. The game is rushed, boring and horrible. Even TC GR: Breakpoint had more interesting gameplay and variety than this. They took all the worst features of FC5: New Dawn and backported races from FC5, slapping them on top of a new game setting. Even the races aren't marked as completed after doing so, me and my coop partner have to memorize which ones we did. What is more, the partner has to replay solo a part of the game to get the wingsuit, as it is not given out in coop to him. And that not to mention broken low-quality textures (issues with LODs maybe?), bugged AI, floating models and props, sound and voice disappearing issues etc. A total [censored]...

• HolyBathor
    1 posts

Also having this bug on PS5 systems. We reinstalled both games, fixed databases and tried both hosting games but no change. This bug makes coop story unplayable. We don't even see any dialog popup when host starts talking to quest giver. Just like in that posted video on this thread. *Dissapointed*

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1172 posts

Hey there @andymxx , @mcmike1111 , @blictorshade , @Smoolio , @imkeeh , and @HolyBathor - I really appreciate you all reaching out to let us know about this issue. I understand that the dialogue and other information on the 'Accept' screen when taking on a new Operation is not able to be heard by the second player in a coop session. That's most unfortunate!

Also, welcome to the forums, those of you who have joined us just to post in this thread - thanks so much for reaching out 🙂

I've gone ahead and reported this issue to our teams now, internally. My apologies for the inconvenience with this while we look into the issue. Please let me know if there's any questions at all.

Official Response

Suggested Topics